[Help] i want to port jelly bean to mtk 6577

Search This thread

deddy_ace

Feb 11, 2012
Lampung
im using phone based on mtk 6577 chipset, its now ics and kernel 3.0.13 but i want to try to port jelly bean in it, can someone help me :)

rudem0e

Jun 4, 2010
Jelly Bean!

im using phone based on mtk 6577 chipset, its now ics and kernel 3.0.13 but i want to try to port jelly bean in it, can someone help me :)

There are many porters and rom cooks but unfortunately, no one has ventured into the MTK territory yet.
I, myself, own a Jiayu G3 with a mtk 6577 chipset and I have been pleading and begging the developers.
We are one of the first pioneers who have entered the territory.
It is always the case when you are courageous and ahead of the rest, you have to wait for 'others' to catch up!

I will keep you posted on any progress, please keep asking and searching. Don't give up!

m0e!

ghpk

Dec 29, 2010
India
There are many porters and rom cooks but unfortunately, no one has ventured into the MTK territory yet.
I, myself, own a Jiayu G3 with a mtk 6577 chipset and I have been pleading and begging the developers.
We are one of the first pioneers who have entered the territory.
It is always the case when you are courageous and ahead of the rest, you have to wait for 'others' to catch up!

I will keep you posted on any progress, please keep asking and searching. Don't give up!

m0e!

Hello,
I am Also using a MTK 6577 based phone and want to update it to Jelly bean, but seems currently most Rom customizers are working on
other models and are not giving time to this chipset.

Can someone please post what exact would be needed to have jelly bean for these phones.
Phone specs on most such devices are
1Ghz dual core CPU
512MB RAM
512MB ROM
5 Inch LCD
5MP Back and VGA Front Camera
Dual SIM
3G on 1st SIM, 2G on 2nd SIM
Wifi
light sensor, accelerometer, magnetic sensor
2000-2300 mAh battery
Currently Running ICS

I can post the build.prop if someone wants to examine.

Many thanks for your time.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Hello,
I am Also using a MTK 6577 based phone and want to update it to Jelly bean, but seems currently most Rom customizers are working on
other models and are not giving time to this chipset.

Can someone please post what exact would be needed to have jelly bean for these phones.
Phone specs on most such devices are
1Ghz dual core CPU
512MB RAM
512MB ROM
5 Inch LCD
5MP Back and VGA Front Camera
Dual SIM
3G on 1st SIM, 2G on 2nd SIM
Wifi
light sensor, accelerometer, magnetic sensor
2000-2300 mAh battery
Currently Running ICS

I can post the build.prop if someone wants to examine.

Many thanks for your time.

Might want to recheck the OS requirements. I think you will find you are a few hundred mbs of ram short. Not to mention a lot more storage.

Wayne Tech S-III

ghpk

Dec 29, 2010
India
Might want to recheck the OS requirements. I think you will find you are a few hundred mbs of ram short. Not to mention a lot more storage.

Wayne Tech S-III

Yups I realized that earlier but today found the phone is already having JB Released and Running which is officially provided by manufacturer.
Yet to schedule the upgrade at service center as its not a OTA update yet.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Yups I realized that earlier but today found the phone is already having JB Released and Running which is officially provided by manufacturer.
Yet to schedule the upgrade at service center as its not a OTA update yet.

Its most likely gonna be a highly stripped down version of it. Other wise it wouldn't run properly

Wayne Tech S-III

Brick3d

Mar 1, 2013
Zeeland
Have a look at my rom thread and find the comment with the custom rom. Phone is mtk6577 1gb rom 1gb ram, 4.1.1 jb stock, 5mp cam, vga front cam qHD 4.5" screen :)

Sent from my V360 using xda app-developers app

ghpk

Dec 29, 2010
India
Its most likely gonna be a highly stripped down version of it. Other wise it wouldn't run properly

Wayne Tech S-III
Ya I can imagine that, lets see if it can solve the few bugs, then I can live with it or customize the Rom to give day 2 day useability

Have a look at my rom thread and find the comment with the custom rom. Phone is mtk6577 1gb rom 1gb ram, 4.1.1 jb stock, 5mp cam, vga front cam qHD 4.5" screen :)

Thats a 1GB RAM, and the phone I have is 512MB RAM with 5 Inch screen.

Phone is www.lavamobiles.com/iris-smartphones/n350/iris-501.htm

Facebook page for Lava, Confirms Service Center should be able to upgarde Iris 501 to JB.
http://goo.gl/gH02X

Brick3d

Mar 1, 2013
Zeeland

Ok another post, I see you have lower specs than my device. If you know the basics of porting that shouldnt really be a problem, it;s quite easy. I just ported the stock rom from Jiayu g2 to my acer liquid E1. that is from 4.1.2 > 4.2.2, with just the basics of opening 2 zip files, dragging and dropping some files, and you're done. See if you can find an mtk device which has almost the same specs as yours, and go to www.needrom.com look for some roms, download it, and just try. That's what I'm doing, and so far, I made the worlds first, and third custom rom for my device....so don't give up like alot of ppl tell you!!!! Just don't

If you need any help, please PM me

Brick3d

Reactions: cyrusalmighty

ghpk

Dec 29, 2010
India
Ok another post, I see you have lower specs than my device. If you know the basics of porting that shouldnt really be a problem, it;s quite easy. I just ported the stock rom from Jiayu g2 to my acer liquid E1. that is from 4.1.2 > 4.2.2, with just the basics of opening 2 zip files, dragging and dropping some files, and you're done. See if you can find an mtk device which has almost the same specs as yours, and go to www.needrom.com look for some roms, download it, and just try. That's what I'm doing, and so far, I made the worlds first, and third custom rom for my device....so don't give up like alot of ppl tell you!!!! Just don't

Brick3d

Thats so very inspiring, I think you are talking about something like Rom Cooker.
Will be able to give this a try only next weekend, this weekend I am away

Just make sure to post all kernel source code for any roms you post links to.

Wayne Tech S-III

thanks will keep this in mind if I come up with something.

Thanks for your headsup.:good::good:

Brick3d

Mar 1, 2013
Zeeland
I have never heard of rom cooker, but it sounds like sonething I'm going to try very soon. I just took 2 roms and moved some stuff from base to port zip file + edited build prop, that's it. Is not at all functional rom but it's a start =D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Brick3d