Playstore error ([BM-PP-14)]

Search This thread

alimdi

Sep 29, 2006
Hi,

When trying to download an app (swiftkey) on the playstore, i have the error ([BM-PP-14)].
This error occurs just after clicking on the price and just before "accept and download" button.
Weird thing, I've already bought this app 2 days ago and never had a chance to download it. At first I had the 921 error.
I've tried clearing google play cache and data, rebooting the device with no luck.
My device has the original rom.
Any help would be appreciated.

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8
Hi,

When trying to download an app (swiftkey) on the playstore, i have the error ([BM-PP-14)].
This error occurs just after clicking on the price and just before "accept and download" button.
Weird thing, I've already bought this app 2 days ago and never had a chance to download it. At first I had the 921 error.
I've tried clearing google play cache and data, rebooting the device with no luck.

Clear Google framework services and reboot. Should be good to go. :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

chadrandom

Sep 1, 2010
Just tried it several times with no success. It occurs only with non free apps.

Having the same problem with Star Wars Pinball. Except I can buy other apps. It seems to be just this app that gets the error. Have tried clearing cache and data of Google Framework Services, Google Play Store, and Download Manager, all with no luck.

Nexus 4, stock, 4.2.2

Last edited:

alimdi

Sep 29, 2006
Having the same problem with Star Wars Pinball. Except I can buy other apps. It seems to be just this app that gets the error. Have tried clearing cache and data of Google Framework Services, Google Play Store, and Download Manager, all with no luck.

Nexus 4, stock, 4.2.2

Same here : no problem with buying and installing other apps and I'm using 4.2.2 on nexus 4.
Perhaps this topic should be moved to the nexus 4 section?

alimdi

Sep 29, 2006
Same here : no problem with buying and installing other apps and I'm using 4.2.2 on nexus 4.
Perhaps this topic should be moved to the nexus 4 section?

Google support got stuck too on this. They refunded the application and the problem disappeared. I've purchased and downloaded it again successfully.

izmahoby

Jan 16, 2008
Ningbo
How to buy apps overseas

Google support got stuck too on this. They refunded the application and the problem disappeared. I've purchased and downloaded it again successfully.

There are two ways of getting around this:
1) Use Amazon but purchase with a US credit card (not 100% sure if the card address is necessary).

2) Trick Google Play into thinking you are in the US. This has changed over the last few years but identifying your location depends on two or three things:
- Your carrier based on your SIM card.
- Your IP address.
- Your credit card (I'm not sure about this one since I've never registered my Chinese credit card)

Two years ago if I wanted to get paid apps I just connected with popped in a US SIM card (even a dead one), connected with wifi and did my purchasing. However other steps may be required now depending on your device, such as a wifi only tablets. In any case I was just able to purchase an app that 20 minutes ago only gave me the BM-PPH-01 error. I haven't tried it with any movies, but will try to clean up this process to only what is necessary.

Steps I took on my Samsung i9300
1. Change the SIM from China Unicom to an old AT&T SIM and connect with wifi with airplane mode on otherwise.
2. Settings > Applications Manager > Google Play Store & Google Play Services > Clear Cache
3. Connect to San Jose pptp VPN service.
4. Log in to Google Play > Purchase from Phone and purchased through desktop Play Store* successfully.

*Oddly, when selecting devices from when purchasing through desktop Play Store, my i9300 still showed up as from China Unicom.

I suspect that the VPN connection may not be necessary, at least for the entire process, maybe just during the log in, but haven't needed to buy enough apps to try each option. But something like this should get you your stuff.

Reactions: Felix Ding

ggoahead

Apr 3, 2011
1) Use Amazon but purchase with a US credit card (not 100% sure if the card address is necessary).

2) Trick Google Play into thinking you are in the US. This has changed over the last few years but identifying your location depends on two or three things:
- Your IP address.
- Your credit card (I'm not sure about this one since I've never registered my Chinese credit card)

Two years ago if I wanted to get paid apps I just connected with popped in a US SIM card (even a dead one), connected with wifi and did my purchasing. However other steps may be required now depending on your device, such as a wifi only tablets. In any case I was just able to purchase an app that 20 minutes ago only gave me the BM-PPH-01 error. I haven't tried it with any movies, but will try to clean up this process to only what is necessary.

1. Change the SIM from China Unicom to an old AT&T SIM and connect with wifi with airplane mode on otherwise.
2. Settings > Applications Manager > Google Play Store & Google Play Services > Clear Cache
4. Log in to Google Play > Purchase from Phone and purchased through desktop Play Store* successfully.

*Oddly, when selecting devices from when purchasing through desktop Play Store, my i9300 still showed up as from China Unicom.

I suspect that the VPN connection may not be necessary, at least for the entire process, maybe just during the log in, but haven't needed to buy enough apps to try each option. But something like this should get you your stuff.

Hey man you really did not need go through that many steps. Just an hour ago I got BM-PP-14 when I was trying to purchase an app from play store on my desktop. Then I tried purchasing it from the play store on my cell phone and it was successful... I am in Shanghai and the carrier recognized on play store is China Mobile.

izmahoby

Jan 16, 2008
Ningbo
Hey man you really did not need go through that many steps. Just an hour ago I got BM-PP-14 when I was trying to purchase an app from play store on my desktop. Then I tried purchasing it from the play store on my cell phone and it was successful... I am in Shanghai and the carrier recognized on play store is China Mobile.

I wish I could agree with you. Sometimes it works this way, sometimes it definitely won't. I suspect that this restriction is app specific because sometimes it works the opposite of what you described. I can't get it on my phone but can via desktop Play.

Ian.P

Dec 7, 2011
Hi,

Today I solve the problem by delete updates of Google play and Google play service.
Launch it again then the download procedure is fine, no reboot need.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to buy apps overseas

- Your IP address.