Free tether for AT&T S3 and Android 4.3

Search This thread

Mr. Peeg Veeg

Dec 3, 2013
Portland
Man, thanks for the heads up ... this was huge! Incredibly easy, and I now have free WiFi tethering. My only disappointment was that Bluetooth tethering didn't show up for my Gear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

sapper9999

Apr 8, 2009
Has anyone tested this with stock 4.4.2 rooted with towel? Else i am looking for a good wifi tethering app. this worked great with 4.3

Chris

talkingmonkeys

Inactive Recognized RC / RT
May 15, 2013
I need the time to play with it but I edited the tethering provision with a guide from the att s5 forum. I'll let you guys know how it works in the next few days. This may still work too

Sent from my SGH-I747 running TW4.4.2 TMS3KK

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I need the time to play with it but I edited the tethering provision with a guide from the att s5 forum. I'll let you guys know how it works in the next few days. This may still work too

Sent from my SGH-I747 running TW4.4.2 TMS3KK
Do you know if any of these hacks works with Cricket? That's my service, and I'm forbidden to tether or get shut off. I don't want to tether to download stuff, just browse the web on my Note 10.1. Tia

sakdroid

Mar 11, 2011
You can do thru Settings ? More Networks > Tethering and portable hotspot.
I am on S3Rx 4.3 and i have used this feature.
I am not sure if this option is available for Stock.

bigbob196

Mar 31, 2011
Lakeland
I just wanted to share my most recent experience with this. I used this method earlier this year to tether and it has worked great until now. I just received a letter from AT&T informing me that I must remove all tethering apps, which I had no other except this apk in place, or they would upgrade my plan to a tethering plan at the end of this month. It appears AT&T found a way to track this method, or they are assuming tethering is taking place due to high data usage during the last billing cycle.

I just wanted to share my experience and thank everyone for the help, it was great while it lasted!

OasissisaO

Jul 14, 2012
Florida
I just wanted to share my most recent experience with this. I used this method earlier this year to tether and it has worked great until now. I just received a letter from AT&T informing me that I must remove all tethering apps, which I had no other except this apk in place, or they would upgrade my plan to a tethering plan at the end of this month. It appears AT&T found a way to track this method, or they are assuming tethering is taking place due to high data usage during the last billing cycle.

I just wanted to share my experience and thank everyone for the help, it was great while it lasted!
Weird, I've had tethering for a while and never saw anything. Then again I use tethering only rarely.

bubbabri

Dec 24, 2010
Weird, I've had tethering for a while and never saw anything. Then again I use tethering only rarely.

i only used it rarely when i wanted to watch something at lunch on my tablet, got an email, letter, AND a text about them "updating" my account.... :(

looking into moving to tmo if they decide to do it since i haven't used tethering now. at least on tmo i can pay a little less AND get tethering with my plan :eek:

Top Liked Posts