bug on the onscreen keyboard

Search This thread

jonneymendoza

Mar 10, 2008
london
Hi. i seem to have a bug on the onscreen keyboard. basicaly, whenever i press a key no animation is applied as if pressing a real key on a keyboard ie see the specific key pressed down.

It doesnt seem to work no matter what screen or app i am running. However, it does operate fine when i do the keyboard tutorial?

anyone having issues with this?

edit: seems to work fine when i switch the keyboard into numeracy mode

s1977

Feb 7, 2009
Liverpuuuuuuuuuul :)
Not really linked to your problem, but I noticed a strange behaviour when setting up Copilot on my Desire today. Basically no matter what i typed, it automatically retyped some letters back again. Trying backspace too added the last letter again and then subsequently deleted it. I wanted to type say xyz@yahoo.com and it would type xxyyzz@@y... It reminded me of similar keyboard issues on the Nexus One. Thankfully I did not notice the same issue when i typed in landscape mode.

kasonne

Feb 14, 2010
Not really linked to your problem, but I noticed a strange behaviour when setting up Copilot on my Desire today. Basically no matter what i typed, it automatically retyped some letters back again. Trying backspace too added the last letter again and then subsequently deleted it. I wanted to type say xyz@yahoo.com and it would type xxyyzz@@y... It reminded me of similar keyboard issues on the Nexus One. Thankfully I did not notice the same issue when i typed in landscape mode.

I had exactly the same problem, didn't think of trying it in Landscape mode mind you, but it was only on the user name field and not the password field in CoPilot.

w00yee

Nov 6, 2009
Athens, UGA
talking about the touchscreen, anyone so far has experienced the mis-registering of the touch? feedback will be very appreciated. am a former Nexus one user and that bug haunted me a lot.. :(

leoni1980

Dec 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
talking about the touchscreen, anyone so far has experienced the mis-registering of the touch? feedback will be very appreciated. am a former Nexus one user and that bug haunted me a lot.. :(

My screen is perfect. Absolutely love this phone. Very responsive, word prediction is sublime and I haven't had a single slowdown or crash. Check out my YouTube videos (misterleoni)