Quickcharge 2.0 Chargers

Search This thread

Callliope

Apr 16, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I got today my aukey quickcharger and it charges so fast when phone is on, but when its turned off i think its charging same as stock charger, maybe i m wrong who knows..
by the way: from 70-100% charges normally and temperature drops, measured with ampere and its max 500 mA
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gazza35

Sep 10, 2006
Dumfries
So do they actually work, i know in the xperias someone created a mod to enable fast charge and it was implemented in custom roms, but when i bought my M8 a month ago the guy in the shop told me not to use fast chargers.
The stock one charges fast enough anyway, even on usb its quite good compared to my previous phone Xperia z2.

nomisunrider

Feb 25, 2011
Minnesota
So do they actually work, i know in the xperias someone created a mod to enable fast charge and it was implemented in custom roms, but when i bought my M8 a month ago the guy in the shop told me not to use fast chargers.
The stock one charges fast enough anyway, even on usb its quite good compared to my previous phone Xperia z2.

My wife and I have this Tronsmart quick charge charger and it is WAY faster than the stock one. It really is amazing the difference in time to charge.

http://www.amazon.com/Updated-Version-Tronsmart-Charger-Includes/dp/B00ZORW23C

Reactions: necktru and gazza35

gazza35

Sep 10, 2006
Dumfries
My wife and I have this Tronsmart quick charge charger and it is WAY faster than the stock one. It really is amazing the difference in time to charge.

http://www.amazon.com/Updated-Version-Tronsmart-Charger-Includes/dp/B00ZORW23C

Just checked it out, the fact that it has a 6ft micro usb cable with it cant be a good sign, especially for data connectivity to the pc, im pretty sure there would be a fair amount of loss in a cable that long, probably work better with an industry standard cable.

MajikUF

Oct 19, 2010
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
I have two of the Aukey PA-U28 (one for home and one for work) and the Aukey Dual-Port Car Charger and they work great. (shockingly well) I'm hoping they will work well with the H10 since it supports QC3.0 because I don't really want to buy new ones. I would absolutely recommend these.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007

"Fast enough" is a matter of circumstance. I'll agree that most of the time, who cares if it takes 1.5 to 2 hours to charge, if you charging it every night at home (as many of us do); or topping it off frequently.

On the other hand, some folks use their phones for extensive gaming, or other very battery intensive tasks. So faster charging may be more important.

Also not an unusual scenario where you are low on battery, at the airport about to board a plane, and you need to charge quickly.

I don't have a QuickCharge wall charger. But I got a car charger with QC. Reason being, when using Google Maps for navigation, the phone was actually draining faster than it was charging (so battery was actually going down, albeit slowly), with a "standard" car charger. With QC, it not only was charging faster than draining (while using Maps), but could probably charge the phone fully in around 40 minutes (although I've never yet had to charge fully from near empty battery).

So yes, they definitely work. I'd say around half the charge time of the stock charger.

Last edited:

Callliope

Apr 16, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
It charges in 45 60 min from 0 to 80 but then from 80 to 100 it takes one more hour with auckey fast charger

P. S my auckey fast charger is only qc 2.0 so sure it wont work with htc 10, i think yours is the same

Sent from my HTC One_M8

nomisunrider

Feb 25, 2011
Minnesota
Just checked it out, the fact that it has a 6ft micro usb cable with it cant be a good sign, especially for data connectivity to the pc, im pretty sure there would be a fair amount of loss in a cable that long, probably work better with an industry standard cable.

Not sure what data connectivity has to do with anything. It charges our phones very fast. I've never timed it but it is very noticeable compared to the stock charger.

gazza35

Sep 10, 2006
Dumfries
Great, fantastic, wonderful, it charges fast, we get it, Sigh.
I merely found it curious if it was a all in one charger or seperate plug and 6ft cable, and yes, although its primary use is to charge, which someone measured at 400ma, (Worth Noting that measurement is more than more than half less ampage than what a box standard charger gives) AHemm, i also wondered if the cable would realistically work considering AMP loss and i merely pointed out its complete uselessness as a data cable.

So yes, it charges fast, even at 400ma, how wonderful.
I have a 4port Charger, Charges 1 item at 2amp, 2 items at 1 amp, or 4 items at the same time at 500ma, Measured and perfectly accurate, By the way it comes with a STANDARD 0.75m Cable, ooohhhhh £4.99 @ B&M ha ha ha, great stuff, and that fully charges my m8 0-100 in 1hr, happy days.

Also worth noting, A fast charger cable NEEDS to be rated at 1.5A MIN, that can be googled, because regardless of what anyone says, an inferior cable will not work properly on a fast charger.

Last edited:

nomisunrider

Feb 25, 2011
Minnesota
Great, fantastic, wonderful, it charges fast, we get it, Sigh.
I merely found it curious if it was a all in one charger or seperate plug and 6ft cable, and yes, although its primary use is to charge, which someone measured at 400ma, (Worth Noting that measurement is more than more than half less ampage than what a box standard charger gives) AHemm, i also wondered if the cable would realistically work considering AMP loss and i merely pointed out its complete uselessness as a data cable.

So yes, it charges fast, even at 400ma, how wonderful.
I have a 4port Charger, Charges 1 item at 2amp, 2 items at 1 amp, or 4 items at the same time at 500ma, Measured and perfectly accurate, By the way it comes with a STANDARD 0.75m Cable, ooohhhhh £4.99 @ B&M ha ha ha, great stuff, and that fully charges my m8 0-100 in 1hr, happy days.

Also worth noting, A fast charger cable NEEDS to be rated at 1.5A MIN, that can be googled, because regardless of what anyone says, an inferior cable will not work properly on a fast charger.

Ampere shows it charging at 2000mA

revoltech

Mar 13, 2011
I had an Anker quick charge 2.0 (http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charge-Charger-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B00Q88Q16K) and it charged my m8 from 10-80% in around 30-40 minutes. I got rid of it because it made my phone very hot and was worried about the battery life. If I was in a low battery situation, I would use my Anker external battery. The 5600mah Anker can fill my phone for 1 1/2 chargers. I used an voltage meter on the Anker quick charger and it reported 1.5+ amps and voltages above 6v.

revoltech

Mar 13, 2011
I had an Anker quick charge 2.0 (http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charge-Charger-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B00Q88Q16K) and it charged my m8 from 10-80% in around 30-40 minutes. I got rid of it because it made my phone very hot and was worried about the battery life. If I was in a low battery situation, I would use my Anker external battery. The 5600mah Anker can fill my phone for 1 1/2 chargers. I used an voltage meter on the Anker quick charger and it reported 1.5+ amps and voltages above 6v.

I just got an Anker IQ 2 port charger 4.8a 24 watt peak to replace an aging PowerGen 2.1a 10 watt peak charger. The m8 draws 1a from the Anker versus the .6a from the old PowerGen.

jazzdglass

Jul 19, 2011
Lagos
It will work just fine with the H10 but it won't charge as fast as if it would if it was qc 3.0. (which the H10 supports)
Hi? How long does it takes the m8 to charge from 0% to 100% using the original charger that came with it?

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

That's what i wanted to say, that it wont work at full phone potential , thanks for correcting me
What if I charge the m8 with a Samsung adaptive fast charger, would that charge at quick charge rate and not make the phone too hot?

nomisunrider

Feb 25, 2011
Minnesota
Those of you concerned about the phone becoming hot when quick charging, get over it. There is no way to quick charge and have the battery not heat up...

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Hi? How long does it takes the m8 to charge from 0% to 100% using the original charger that came with it?

Usually about 1.5 to 2 hours. Depends a bit on whether the phone is on when charging, and other factors. For instance, if you are in a poor reception area that results in high battery drain while idle, the phone will be charging while its draining (think of it as 1 step back for every 2 steps forward) and it will take longer to charge to full.

But for most folks, full charge in 1.5 to 2 hours is typical, as I mentioned.

What if I charge the m8 with a Samsung adaptive fast charger, would that charge at quick charge rate and not make the phone too hot?

Samsung uses a different technology, and its not compatible with QC 2.0. The Sammy charger will just work on the M8 like the standard M8 charger. You need a charger that specifically has the QC 2.0 logo on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: gazzacbr

Knightofrepublic

May 11, 2014
I bought a tronsmart 18w USB fast wall charger WC 1Q but I don't think it's fast charging,sure it works faster than standard charger,but it charges at the rate of around 1% per minute till 80% and 0 to 100 take almost same time (1 hour 40 mins) , so I was wondering if its actual fast charger or not,It doesn't charges as fast when screen is on ,just around 150-190 ma ,when screen is off though ,it works at 2.2-2.3-2.4A, but nowhere near 18w it advertises,and definitely not 0 to 60% In 30 mins.sadly no one I knew have a phone supporting quick charge 2.0 ,so I can't find out if it's just my phone or charger,how can I find out if it's actual fast charger or not?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Am I the only one who checks for quick charge on the oficial HTC page. Because they finally released their QC 2.0 charger and its named HTC Rapid Charger 2.0
    Would like to see the mA flow during the first 10 percent of battery, can you post that please?

Cheers

The mA seems to fluctuate quite drastically it seems.
    NS4Pc2R.jpg

dUthymv.jpg

wtkQ56B.jpg

ZcAmqN7.jpg

EDIT
    I changed charger cables with the new one and wow did that make an even bigger difference!
    szgCcTC.jpg

3mfJLos.jpg

yeOF3oK.jpg
    Where did you order from mate?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

https://www.pure-gear.com/shop-by-category/power.html

The car charger was out of stock last week.....back in now! They also have a QC 2.0 wall charger....but the car one is more a necessity for me.

Use coupon PURE25 on discount for 25% off...saw it on another thread and it still works!
    3 chargers down, 2 to go...here's the rundown so far...
    Here are the Screenshots of data and graphs.
    Ambient temps were 67 to 71 degrees per my thermostat.
    When reading this, please keep in mind, the amperage stats are Usage, not the amount actually being supplied by the charger!!
    Note: I'm on 4.4.2, not unlocked, no OTA installed. Wifi Off. Bluetooth on. NFC on. GPS on. Auto Brightness (screen off whole time though). Didn't think to check signal strength.

For those that want the Conclusions only:
    Charger: Stock HTC One M8 Charger (QC 1.0, 1.68A? forget...don't have with me)
    1% to 100% charge
    Time: 3 Hours 43 Minutes
    Peak Usage Amperage: 822 mA
    Average High Usage Amperage: 750 - 800 mA
    Peak Temp: 78.4°F (89° from usage before charging to drive battery dead)

Charger: Motorola Turbo Charger (QC 2.0)
    1% to 100% charge
    Time: 1 Hour 56 Minutes
    Peak Usage Amperage: 2870 mA
    Average High Usage Amperage: 2700-2850 mA
    Peak Temp: 114.2°F
    If you look at the data, you can see that it applies a high power charge, then reduces it, presumably to allow the battery to come down

Charger: Anker Dual Port, 18W Charger. "Apple" Port (2.1A)
    1% to 100% charge
    Time: 2 Hours 20 Minutes
    Peak Usage Amperage: 1433 mA
    Average High Usage Amperage: 1250 - 1390 mA
    Peak Temp: 89.9°F

Still have a Samsung (Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition) charger and the other port (1.5A) of the Anker charger to test.
    I use the Incipio Quick Charge 2.0 car charger. I went from 9% to 100% in 1 hour and 20 minutes
    It went to 80% in about an hour. The highest temperature it reach was 33.5 C and that is only with the music playing .

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk