[ROM] Stock 1.4.0 & 1.4.2 + Root + Mods - GO Launcher [Yes/No B&N|Rebloat Pack]

Search This thread

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
hi i'm using your rom now, and the only issue i'm having is that i can't disable the autocorrect, or reach keyboard settings.... i don't want to install other keyboard, just want to use the stock one.

That is normal and is because the stock stock keyboard was removed and was replaced with Android standard keyboard instead so when you try to access keyboard settings as normal it FC, BUT you can reach keyboard settings by using Anycut and with that create a shortcut to keyboard settings:

Open Anycut >> New shortcut >> Activity >> Scroll down until you see Android Keyboard settings

Open Anycut >> New shortcut >> Activity >> Scroll down until you see Android Keyboard Debug settings

.. Those 2 are the options for the keyboard.

~ Veronica

rpadula

Apr 25, 2011
Sao Paulo
anycut isn't working for me, i choose android keybord settings, it says shortcut created, but there's no new shortcut on the homescreen...

i'm not using go launcher, i've tried Zeam launcher and ADW, and both launchers crashes when i try to add shortcuts...

Last edited:

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
anycut isn't working for me, i choose android keybord settings, it says shortcut created, but there's no new shortcut on the homescreen...

i'm not using go launcher, i've tried Zeam launcher and ADW, and both launchers crashes when i try to add shortcuts...

hmmm thats odd, you should reflash. make all the wipes.

~ Veronica

rpadula

Apr 25, 2011
Sao Paulo
well i don't know why, but i've reinstalled go launcher, and lo and behold when i choose to create a shortcut to keyboard config it worked.

jbl0ggs

Dec 5, 2011
Sorry for the total noob question, but at step 5 it requires CWM, where exactly did this get loaded, how does one get to it?

sastian

Feb 21, 2009
This is quite a find!!!! Two questions, I asked these elsewhere, but maybe I should've asked them here.

Can I use the rebloating zip on CM7, to reinstall the b&N reader functionality? I'm looking for the read-to-me function.

AND, can I use some or all of the to do the same on my ICS/EOS Xoom?

I also find that the reader NOT loading my Kids books and my "Enhanced" novel is kind of a deal breaker. What version of reader are you using that it breaks tis functionality? it was available in the stock 1.4.0.

I would really like to finish reading my book, and the kids are gonna be pretty pissed if they cant access their grandmothers "read to me" recordings.

Do i stick around to see this fixed or reset completely?

BTW i too find the font choice difficult to read.

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
I also find that the reader NOT loading my Kids books and my "Enhanced" novel is kind of a deal breaker. What version of reader are you using that it breaks tis functionality? it was available in the stock 1.4.0.

I would really like to finish reading my book, and the kids are gonna be pretty pissed if they cant access their grandmothers "read to me" recordings.

Do i stick around to see this fixed or reset completely?

BTW i too find the font choice difficult to read.

the rebloat package only works on stock, CM7 gets rid of all B&N experience.

~ Veronica

sastian

Feb 21, 2009
I have stock.... Did you read my post? i said NOTHING about having CM7. I have reflashed YOUR 1.4.0 WITH B&N as well as the rebloat package.

I see the library.

I see my Books (Minus the ones im griping about)

But when i try to download my Kids "read to me " titles or my enhanced content books i get the following error.
nook.jpg

"Sorry, this content is currently not supported on this NOOK. Visit nook.com/tablet/support for ..."

If the rebloat only gives you basic reading i might as well install CM& and use the downloadable reader...

What i asked is what version are YOU using in this install ? Because its not the same as what COMES WITH the nook Tablet. is this the colors version or is this missing something?

Last edited:

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
My comment was for newskate9 forgot to quote him.
I think you can't download because of the OTA block so try clearing data of device manager service app in titanium backup, reboot and try downloading everything again once you're done downloading apply OTA block again OR freeze that app if you have titanium backup pro, unfreeze when you want to download.

But is more secure OTA block otherwise you could get the 1.4.2 update, I don't I use B&N services so haven't test myself but from what I've read in this forum could be that.

When I flash stock I bypass registration.

You could also try downloading in your computer from B&N Web page if possible and then copy the books to the right folder in your nook tablet.

~ Veronica

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium

Last edited:

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Alright i've finished testing/modding stock 1.4.2 and made sure i could sideload same as in 1.4.0 with no restrictions (had my doubt) so now i will release a modified stock 1.4.2 Ribbon style as an update to this thread ah and is meant to work for both models 8GB and 16GB (Need 8GB tester though :D)

~ Veronica

Reactions: JKShack

schtuka

Aug 18, 2009
Chicago
Very cool news indeed. Meanwhile I am having issues with wifi constantly restarting and often just unable to quit or restart unless reboot.
Help?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Very cool news indeed. Meanwhile I am having issues with wifi constantly restarting and often just unable to quit or restart unless reboot.
Help?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm i actually never had issues with wifi but im having them with 1.4.2, im waiting for @zambien to reply to me if he can make the adhoc patch for the 1.4.2 wifi_supplicant then i have to test and upload the rom.

Try click on your network connection >> forget then connect again and/or wiping cache and dalvik cache in CWM.

~ Veronica

everest.deth

Dec 22, 2010
Managua
Hey, normally I enter recovery using the power + "N" key, but somehow that does not seem to work anymore...not sure if it is the ROM or what. Is there another way to enter recovery? Say, if I am stuck on a boot loop.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

crash613

Mar 13, 2008
ok.. sorry for the noob question, blah, blah blah, (insert obligatory apologies for not knowing what the hell i am talking about here)

I am getting ready to root for the first time. Had side loaded several apps on the nook before update broke side-loading.

Problem is, the "recommended" section states i should backup using titanium.

how do i get that on? it doesn't seem to be in the nook store, and i can no longer side load. so how do i backup?

Second.. says to "Wipe data, dalvik cache before flash a new ROM" i have no idea what dalvik cache is or how to wipe it.

sorry again, and thanks.

really looking forward to getting some functionality back.

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Hey, normally I enter recovery using the power + "N" key, but somehow that does not seem to work anymore...not sure if it is the ROM or what. Is there another way to enter recovery? Say, if I am stuck on a boot loop.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

I have added an app quick boot in all my stock roms , use it

~ Veronica

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
ok.. sorry for the noob question, blah, blah blah, (insert obligatory apologies for not knowing what the hell i am talking about here)

I am getting ready to root for the first time. Had side loaded several apps on the nook before update broke side-loading.

Problem is, the "recommended" section states i should backup using titanium.

how do i get that on? it doesn't seem to be in the nook store, and i can no longer side load. so how do i backup?

Second.. says to "Wipe data, dalvik cache before flash a new ROM" i have no idea what dalvik cache is or how to wipe it.

sorry again, and thanks.

really looking forward to getting some functionality back.

Hmmm start reading my FAQ from there you have to start - link in my signature. You need to root, intall CWM and sideload titanium backup, you can find it if you google it or i can pm it to you later.

here i give support for the roms posted in OP.

~ Veronica

crash613

Mar 13, 2008
Hmmm start reading my FAQ from there you have to start - link in my signature. You need to root, intall CWM and sideload titanium backup, you can find it if you google it or i can pm it to you later.

here i give support for the roms posted in OP.

~ Veronica

got it, and thanks. Did read the tutorials... almost all of them. Had to go to google to figure out CWM. I thought that when i transfered your file to the card that CWM would automatically start or something..... it didn't. :(

Once I figured out how to get that on a card, added your file, and i am good to go now.

Love it very much, thank you for taking the time to do this, and being so helpful in this forum (which I read almost all the way through!)

I did have a couple of odds and ends questions regarding the new setup.

1. go launcher ex and go locker are options when you hit the "N" button. But both seem to do the same thing. is this normal?

2. The other third party launcher, i forget the name, just brings up an overlay. I got rid of it. Even that took some doing. This is my first foray into an Android environment, but the little pullout from the right and side remains. Can i get rid of this some how?

3. I made go launcher ex the default. Go locker is still in the apps section. should i delete it like i did the other third party app (task xp?, i believe)

4. I never did figure out how to backup using titanium, as i had no way to install it. was there a way from a un rooted 1.4 state?

5. I have a few apk files that i had side loaded before the update screwed that up for me. can those be added too? I am sure they can, just not sure how to go about it. I looked briefly on line, but by that time i was burned out from messing with this thing. :(

6. when i set it up, i entered my gmail info because i needed to put apps on it. This is my daughter's nook. I figured i would change the account info later. Now it will not let me. when i go to the hidden settings app and try to unlink it says it is needed for some apps and i need to delete the account from the privacy settings in the settings app. There is no privacy settings that i can find in the settings app

anyway, thank you for the help!

~mike

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] Stock 1.4.0 & 1.4.2 + Root + Mods - GO Launcher [Yes/No B&N|Rebloat Pack]

Alright today i bring to you a faster way to have a fully functional stock ROM with all the addons and eye candy look ;) I have added a FULL version containing all B&N stock apps minus Keyboard and Mymedia (because those aren't good) so you can pick the one that best suits you.

PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER

What does this ROM provide?

* Root - Thanks Indirect
    * Busybox already installed
    * Ribbon Status Bar MDPI Mod
    * Build.prop changed to look like a Nexus S Mod
    * Working cifs, nls_utf8, slow-work, and tun modules - Thanks succulent
    * Adhoc wifi FIX - Thanks zambien
    * OpenVPN binaries
    * Removed some B&N apps including Stock Home Launcher just kept Library, Reader, Games, Pandora and Netflix
    * Changed Stock Hulu+ app with a modified one meant to work in most Android devices - Thanks blunttedsmurf
    * Comfortaa Fonts

What applications include?
    * Some apps have a Ribbon Notification Icon in order to match the Statusbar mod.

1. Superuser
    2. ES File Explorer
    3. NT Hidden Settings - thanks brianf21
    4. Go Launcher
    5. AdFree
    6. Gapps including Gmail, Youtube and Google Voice (apart)
    7. Button Savior
    8. Modified Hulu+
    9. Modified Email with working Exchange
    10. Titanium Backup
    11. IMO chat
    12. Go Locker
    13. Plume (Twitter)
    14. TaskXP
    15. MusicMod
    16. Quick Boot
    17. Gallery 3D
    18. Wifi ADB
    19. Antivirus Free
    20. Phantom Music Control
    21. SD-Booster
    22. FlashPlayer
    23. SpareParts
    24. Root App Remover
    25. Mclock

Installation:

1. Download the file: NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_v2.zip
    2. Plug your Nook Tablet to your PC and check that Internal SDcard (MyNOOK) AND SDcard are mounted
    3. Copy NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_v2.zip in the root (/) of Internal OR External SDcard (Pick one)
    4. Eject safely your Nook Tablet
    5. Boot into CWM
    5.1 Wipe data then go to advanced>> wipe dalvik cache, once done press power button to go back
    5.2 Go to Install zip from sdcard >> choose zip from sdcard (if you copied the folder to your External sdcard) >> select NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_v2.zip
    5.2 Go to Install zip from sdcard >> choose zip from internal sdcard (if you copied the folder to your Internal sdcard [MyNOOK]) >> select NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_v2.zip
    7. The process will start, once done Reboot your device ENJOY!

Recommendation:

* Backup your apps and data using Titanium for easy restore back
    * Wipe data, dalvik cache before flash a new ROM - WARNING: it is safe to wipe/format data, cache, dalvik cache and system, DO NOT format the other partitions or you will brick your device
    * Bypass registration of Nook Tablet by Albert Wertz

Download Links:
    *These are flashable .zip

NT_stock_1.4.2_Ribbon_Root_B&N.zip - ROM with B&N content (318 MB) | md5: 0eb7a1dff67c5fe58be4c58b13f9abb2
    NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_B&N_v2 .zip - ROM with B&N content (300.8 MB) | md5: 1c7033fb9c6467c98c5a50cc167fee5e
    NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_v2 .zip - ROM with NO B&N content (284.6 MB) | md5: 9b909ce9d30feedbbde53ae367c861d5

Screenshot:

rom.png

My Setup:

mClock widget with markedclOck theme (must create mClock folder: /mnt/sdcard/mClock/ and then drop the unzipped files)
    PinsMusicMod widget (4x3)
    Phantom Music Control (There is a bug and the options doesn't show up but here is my setup)
    And lastly for the statusbar: [ICONS] Beautiful -= Ribbon Status Bar Icons =- [MDPI/HDPI]

~ Veronica​
    Update 15/2/12

Alright UPLOADING v2, will be a flashable zip now no more CWM backup folder and a standar Apk_Package_Installer.zip with:

* Androzip
    * Anycut
    * App cache cleaner
    * Dolphin Browser
    * ES Bookmark Manager (to create shortcuts of your media on desktop)

... These apps are included in the v2 of this ROM.

As i have mentioned in this thread with a flashable zip you get more flexibility.
    What does that mean? It means that you can delete apps that you don't want or add others by drag and dropping it/them within /system/app of the .zip

Edit: OP UPDATED!

~ Veronica
    Different but still no go.

1) The B&N reader & store are availible in the stock launcher but are missing in from Go Launcher. Is there a way to migrate the app from the stock laumcher?

2) Not as but an issue but annoying. The unroot app force close appears after every reboot.

3) The 'N' key at the bottom reverts the launcher back to the Book default. I think I know why & how to fix this one.

I was sure to clear the user data and cache this time!

1. Is normal and why you need to keep stock launcher, you can tap on a book and it will open directly with reader or prompt a window with the option to choose between reader and 3rth party apps that you have installed.
    To handle better the back and forth launchers use HomeCatcher.apk

2. Move the unroot app from /system/app to /data/app using a file explorer or just uninstall it if you think you won't need it with app for uninstall I have added

3. Use HomeCatcher

PS: Read my FAQ for tips

~ Veronica

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
    Just to let you guys know i update OP with a full version (means with B&N content already included) so you don't have to use the re-bloat if you want to have B&N content.

Also im almost done modifing a CM7 Soft-mod ROM with Ribbons ICS theme!

@cgdash now i understand your request and that function got deactivated once i change SystemUI and framework-res apps that i got from this thread and here you can see some modifications that users have made. PM @xecuter or post in that thread for help and hopefully it can be done.

~ Veronica
    Cool, gonna try it today! Could you add Morelocale also?

Hmm will think about it, next version will have the copy paste mod. Keep dropping suggestions people.

~ Veronica

Sent from XDA premium using my Nook Tablet :p