[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 Stable: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G

Search This thread

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
Having an odd problem with the "slide" lockscreen. It will not stick. So when I shut the screen off, and turn on the first time, the lockscreen works correctly, but any subsequent attempt just simply opens the phone to the home screen. Any ideas?

CM9 beta3 pre-12. stock kernel.

no one else has had this problem? Still looking for a hand with this one

TechnoGeezer

Dec 29, 2011
Metuchen, NJ
Running B3 Candidate for a few hours now. Had a lockup on first use of Google Maps requiring battery pull. I had tested GPS prior to opening G Maps & it was OK. Retested after battery pull & no more probs. GPS, WiFi, browser, various apps, 3G, music player, video, camera (including menu options) all work fine. I don't really like the camera adjustments for pic resolution, etc. I find it too hard to adjust compared to selecting from a list but that may be personal pref. Can't test phone now (too late to call) & no 4G signal now either. ROM seems to work great. Many thanks to all devs for countless hours of hard work. You deserve to feel satisfaction & pride in an excellent product. Before I forget, I appear to have broken the notification light. I was playing with the adj (in pre-12) & testing colors, blink rate & time when it just stopped working. The LED works fine (charging, etc) but Notifications just doesn't work anymore, even after loading B3 RC. Any ideas? I didn't wipe before the latest flash so I could do that.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
Or you could get a gnex :p:D:p:p:p:p:D:D

Sent From My Sprint Galaxy Nexus via Xda Premium

Nahhh, I'm holding out for something better. Lots of rumors.

GS3/SPH-L710: http://briefmobile.com/sprint-galax...ssor?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

SPH-L300: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...ics/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

LG LS970: http://phandroid.com/2012/05/10/lg-...lte/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

Then there's the Evo 4G LTE, which is sexy as well. So, I'm sitting back, and watching for a while.

And sorry for the VERY off topic post.

To make this on topic:

Just so everyone knows, if you want a shortcut to the theme chooser on your homescreen, use any app that let's you add shortcuts to activities(I just use LauncherPro since its activities work on other launchers too) and find Theme Chooser in the list, and boom. Our favorite 4 colored Andy on your homescreen ;)

~ Mr. Z

Last edited:

philowneus

Sep 16, 2010
I love everything beta 3 rocks. Is there a simple way to mod the kill app by long press on back button so its more like a three second delay. I like the option but I seem to kill apps accidentally.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Thanks to the whole cm team for this. I know you all have been bustin your arses off to make this happen. Going for a test drive now:cool:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
I'm getting a wrong MD5.
Downloaded 2 times, and they have the same MD5. Which is different than the one posted on CM9.
Bad downloads? Or MD5 posted wrong?

edit: NVM. It's been fixed now. Thank You

Last edited:

RickyRage

Mar 20, 2012
Bronx
ChD7P.png

Any reason for this not being available? Im on b3

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC
Great set of release notes, super thorough: margin of error near zero w/ this puppy. ;) ............THNX CM Team, gr8 job guys!

..........sent from today's android 4.0.4

epicnoob66

Mar 1, 2012
ChD7P.png
<br />
<br />
Any reason for this not being available? Im on b3<br />
<br />
Tap the check box next to the text. Its working for me, downloaded b3 last night flashed this morning.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Generalhead

Mar 25, 2011
So far so good on stock beta 3. I'm already spoiled by the lock screen shortcuts. I want more than 3!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

DurhamHusker

Nov 24, 2010
Kansas City
Using beta 3 - When in the camera app, my volume rocker now modifies the ringer volume. In previous betas the volume rocker would modify the media volume so that you could silence the shutter sound.

Let me know if anyone else is seeing this. I'll start clean if necessary, but I'd rather not.

Top Liked Posts