[INDEX] AT&T/ROGERS One X Resources Compilation Roll-Up (Updated 5/8/14)

Search This thread

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
root

redpoint73

[ROOT] HTC One X AT&T 2.20 Firmware - X-Factor root exploit Like the title says, root for 2.20 firmware!

is just temporary root , WE need to use

[TOOL] HTC One X (Evita) All-In-One Toolkit V1.0 [10-23-12] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof] your second link ( or another way) to push superuser and su to phone

quote from djrbliss thread

"I have prepared an exploit that gains temporary root access by leveraging two vulnerabilities and uses these newly gained root privileges to overwrite the CID ("superCID"), so that it's possible to unlock the bootloader via HTC's website. I'm sorry if you'd prefer to not unlock your bootloader this way, but there are no other options for root access available."

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

redpoint73 Great Thread, very helpful

[ROOT] HTC One X AT&T 2.20 Firmware - X-Factor root exploit Like the title says, root for 2.20 firmware!

[TOOL] HTC One X (Evita) All-In-One Toolkit V1.0 [10-23-12] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof] your second link ( or another way) to push superuser and su to phone

"I have prepared an exploit that gains temporary root access by leveraging two vulnerabilities and uses these newly gained root privileges to overwrite the CID ("superCID"), so that it's possible to unlock the bootloader via HTC's website. I'm sorry if you'd prefer to not unlock your bootloader this way, but there are no other options for root access available."

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
redpoint73 Great Thread, very helpful

djrbliss's thread tells you how to get permanent root. It might not be as "step-by-step" as some people want (some steps are a bit brief). But its all there.

The toolkit just automates the step, but just achieves the same goal. Plenty of people achieved permanent root with djrbliss's thread just fine, before the toolkit was created and posted.

Reactions: carl1961

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
The root seems to have failed, but now Google Play says I'm using an HTC One X and installs to ATT HTC One X don't do anything...

Yet another person has chosen to ignore the obvious boldfaced statement in the top post:

Also, this is an index, not a general technical support thread. Please do not ask questions about rooting, ROMs, etc. here. This is not the appropriate place for such questions, and you will have minimal exposure and response to your question by posting it here. There is an entire Q&A subforum for asking questions and getting assistance: http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1572

If you want support rooting, post to the root thread, or start a thread in Q&A.

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
Beastmode Evita Kernel 4.2 ( installable on AT&T 2.20 From TWRP Recovery)

redpoint73 You may want to add the new BeatMode Kernel thread Older thread is closed, also I verify that it installs on One X 2.20 from TWRP Recovery ( new kernel install procedure works)

Beastmode Evita Kernel 4.2 ( installs on AT&T 2.20 From TWRP Recovery)
by sbryan12144 and Zarboz

Last edited:
Reactions: redpoint73

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
redpoint73 You may want to add the new BeatMode Kernel thread Older thread is closed, also I verify that it installs on One X 2.20 from TWRP Recovery ( new kernel install procedure works)

Beastmode Evita Kernel 4.2 ( installs on AT&T 2.20 From TWRP Recovery)
by sbryan12144 and Zarboz

Added it to the index. Also kept the link to the old thread, but added a note indicating 'closed'.

Thanks.

inphamous36

Aug 8, 2012
Baltimore
Is there a tutorial on how to reset my phone to before I rooted it? I know the run is supposed to do that but it doesn't work for me. Am I don't something wrong? Is the another way? I know I have to relock boot loader

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
Is there a tutorial on how to reset my phone to before I rooted it? I know the run is supposed to do that but it doesn't work for me. Am I don't something wrong? Is the another way? I know I have to relock boot loader

You relock the bootloader, make sure you're running the right RUU, and make sure adb/fastboot is reading the phone. Nothing else to it, really. Don't really know of any tutorials for just this, and its really not an involved process.

Most issues running the RUU are either forgetting to relock the BL (make sure hboot says "relocked"), wrong RUU version, or issue with HTC drivers (try to re-install and reboot the PC).

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
I've finally updated since before the holidays. Apologies, I was simply too busy with holiday stuff and work travel.

There has been quite a bit of activity, particularly with new Sense JB ROMs. As always, lease feel free to notify me (on this thread or PM) if I've missed anything, or any errors, as I'm sure there are some.

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
Gave the index a long needed update. Some cool developments (CleanROM JL, ICJ, and much more).

Hopefully we will have S-Off soon, and I will be updating the index again! :cyclops:

Reactions: exad and WTFunk

alexhp26

Nov 26, 2012
Monterrey
help a noob

so guys i dunno if im in the rigth section, but im totaly new at this, i had managed to unlock the bootloader, but im stuck there, using the hansoon htc onex all in one i flashed recovery 2.4.1.0 (or so i taugth, but i dont know if it really flashed, because on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b-BReM6HF8&list=UUOroJAu59GLPFgNqs4vWi0A&index=1 the celephone reboots itself, mine didnt, look at first picture) then the guy goes to perm root, and i do to but nothing happend just what what you see on the picture 2).
Can i get some advice? as for now im sure that i have just unlocked the bootloader, as for everything else i have no clue (i cant get into recovery mode, so i haven flashed correctly yet rigth? so obviously i havent been able to enter into recovery mode and flash it.

so i think my problem is that im not flashing correctly recovery mode, but what could i be possible doing wrong? it seem so easy on the videos :(

help

Attachments

• twrm.jpg
    twrm.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
so guys i dunno if im in the rigth section,

Definitely not the right section.

You ignored the boldface print on the top post:

Also, this is an index, not a general technical support thread. Please do not ask questions about rooting, ROMs, etc. here. This is not the appropriate place for such questions, and you will have minimal exposure and response to your question by posting it here. There is an entire Q&A subforum for asking questions and getting assistance: http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1572

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
What is your hboot version?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Also try booting into recovery: turn off phone. Press volume down and hold down power until phone boots into bootloader. Select recovery with volume up/down and press power button. If you boot in to TeamWin then you are good to go. If not try to flash it again in fastboot.

This is not a general help thread. Please don't turn it into one.

I do not want this type of stuff cluttering up my Index thread. Only replies on here should be to indicate errors or omissions in the Index, or to suggest how to improve it.

If you want to help the person, please send a PM.

thedailyl3af

Apr 16, 2012
The Moon ;)
Re: [INDEX] AT&T/ROGERS One X Resources Compilation Roll-Up (Updated 2/22/13)

so guys i dunno if im in the rigth section, but im totaly new at this, i had managed to unlock the bootloader, but im stuck there, using the hansoon htc onex all in one i flashed recovery 2.4.1.0 (or so i taugth, but i dont know if it really flashed, because on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b-BReM6HF8&list=UUOroJAu59GLPFgNqs4vWi0A&index=1 the celephone reboots itself, mine didnt, look at first picture) then the guy goes to perm root, and i do to but nothing happend just what what you see on the picture 2).
Can i get some advice? as for now im sure that i have just unlocked the bootloader, as for everything else i have no clue (i cant get into recovery mode, so i haven flashed correctly yet rigth? so obviously i havent been able to enter into recovery mode and flash it.

so i think my problem is that im not flashing correctly recovery mode, but what could i be possible doing wrong? it seem so easy on the videos :(

help

Pm me if you need help still. To stop clutter on this thread

Sent from my Venomized Elemental Evita

Top Liked Posts