[Q] Epic stuck at Teamwin splash screen[CM11]

Search This thread

joejames542

Jan 12, 2014
I just tried to preform an OTA update to the latest CM11 nightly and so it installed it through Teamwin recovery and now it is just stuck at the Teamwin splash screen. I cannot boot into recovery but I can access the yellow downloading screen. Any Idea on what to do? Am I going to have to use Odin to revert the phone back to stock rom?

selivanow

Jul 3, 2010
Flash back to Stock

I just tried to preform an OTA update to the latest CM11 nightly and so it installed it through Teamwin recovery and now it is just stuck at the Teamwin splash screen. I cannot boot into recovery but I can access the yellow downloading screen. Any Idea on what to do? Am I going to have to use Odin to revert the phone back to stock rom?

I am pretty sure that happens if your Teamwin recovery is not new enough (I don't recall the required version). This happened to me as well.

My solution was to ODIN back to stock and install CWM (v5.0.2.7), CM11 will update it to v6.0.4.7. If I recall correctly I had to install the CM11 update twice (once for the CWM update and once to flash ROM)

Hope that helps

Chris

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
From what I know, the latest official TWRP (2.6.0.0) CAN NOT flash 4.4.x ROMs. Use CWM as included in CM nightlies, or try @unjust's 2.6.3.0 test build.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11