G2 rebooting once a day

Search This thread

Fir3blade

May 16, 2011
Hello G2 users,
like mentioned in the thread title, my G2 is rebooting at least once a day.
Is there any way to find out what is causing this, or do I have to do a wipe?

darkteb

Nov 10, 2011
Are you on stock, unrooted or custom rom? Try factory reset if you haven't try it yet.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Fir3blade

May 16, 2011
Ahh, forgot to mention, I am on stock 4.4.2 rooted with Xposed Framework and a few modules.

I am a bit afraid of a factory reset, as I do have my G2 how I want it to be, would be a lot of work to get there, where I am now.

Swetnes

Aug 2, 2012
OnePlus 8
Ahh, forgot to mention, I am on stock 4.4.2 rooted with Xposed Framework and a few modules.

I am a bit afraid of a factory reset, as I do have my G2 how I want it to be, would be a lot of work to get there, where I am now.

Use the built-in backup utility to backup your whole system, copy the file to your computer, then do a factory reset. After going through the initial setup, copy the file back to your phone and restore. :D

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Sounds like your Xposed Modules are probably causing it.

I only use G2 Xposed module. It seems to do pretty much everything you need.

That or you have Facebook install or some other app that is killing you. I agree with a wipe. Then take it slow when restoring apps. Run bare for a few days with just basic core apps. Then install Xposed and G2 Xposed. Tweak it and run it for a few days. Slowly add in a few apps at a time until you find the one that is doing it.

Some people have said Swype Keyboard was causing reboots.

ephumuris

Dec 7, 2008
Hull
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I had this too on KitKat never used xposed or anything like that. I am rooted though. The last_kmsg log shows an error that seems to be related to some sort of logging. Disabling this option in kernel can stop the reboots but need to build a modified kernel for that. I could be totally wrong like but that's just from my reading up...

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Fir3blade

May 16, 2011
Thank you guys, I am sadly not skilled enough to build a kernel, and already tested a lot of things, but I guess that I have to bite in the sour apple and do a factory reset:(

P_Toti

Jun 21, 2012
Thank you guys, I am sadly not skilled enough to build a kernel, and already tested a lot of things, but I guess that I have to bite in the sour apple and do a factory reset:(

May i help you ? I can image how annoying it would be. You can start sending me the last_kmsg file . Just install a terminal emulator and type this commands after an unexpected reboot
su
cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt

Then you could also record the logcat and send me that too(you can use catlog for that purpose)

Last edited:

Fir3blade

May 16, 2011
May i help you ? I can image how annoying it would be. You can start sending me the last_kmsg file . Just install a terminal emulator and type this commands after an unexpected reboot
su

Then you could also record the logcat and send me that too(you can use catlog for that purpose)

Hey mate nice to see you here!
I had the idea to post this in your thread first, but decided to start a new thread as I know that you do have a lot of work and didn't want to bother you ;).
Great, I will install an emulator on my G2 (any recommendations?) and send you the ksmg file.
Thank you in advance!

danial.aw

Feb 27, 2009
Kitchener
honestly it happened to me too on my d803... just like once every 24 hours... somewhere randomly the phone will reboot :S.... could not find a pattern why it was...

but after installing simple kernel now its happening once every two days or so... no idea if it is the kitkat bug or what...

P_Toti

Jun 21, 2012
Hey mate nice to see you here!
I had the idea to post this in your thread first, but decided to start a new thread as I know that you do have a lot of work and didn't want to bother you ;).
Great, I will install an emulator on my G2 (any recommendations?) and send you the ksmg file.
Thank you in advance!

It's the same it's just needed to copy a file :) , i use one called "Terminal emulator"

masteril

Nov 30, 2012
totaly stock 4.2.2,stable as rock.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

beppez82

Jul 16, 2010
Padua
Now i'm on 20c kitkat one day without any rebbot, and i didnt installed swiftkey that seems to cause some problems on kitkat for our G2s

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

Fir3blade

May 16, 2011
OK, tried everything now, deinstalled SwiftKey, other kernels, other rom, factory reset....
Still rebooting, yesterday during a call, I guess my G2 won't survive long, while every reboot I have to count until 10 to prevent me from smashing it on the ground ;).
Thinking about a new smartphone, maybe a Nexus 5....

beppez82

Jul 16, 2010
Padua
OK, tried everything now, deinstalled SwiftKey, other kernels, other rom, factory reset....
Still rebooting, yesterday during a call, I guess my G2 won't survive long, while every reboot I have to count until 10 to prevent me from smashing it on the ground ;).
Thinking about a new smartphone, maybe a Nexus 5....

Now I'm on slimkat and i have 0 reboots atm, the dev say that is fixing the issue on next build for sure, and it have only minor issue like BT drain also if not paired and other small things that will be fixed asap. Btw I understand you but better battery life is keeping me on this phone atleast until N6 appear on market.

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

DominikHolecek

Mar 6, 2012
Didn't you lost the SIM signal within the reboot? I have this problem...

And it was a mainboard issue...

Odesláno z mého LG-D802 pomocí Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

su

Interesting topic since I am having exactly the same! I tried many stock roms and with or without Xposed. 4.4.2 and rooted.

Usually once a day and sometimes 2 or 3 times a day!

Sometimes when typing (swiftkey), sometimes while scrolling something, sometimes during calls, sometimes in facebook etc...
    No pattern to identify!

However it is written in Cloudyfa ROMs Q&A that Facebook is the culprit!
    However I did not try to uninstall it!
    However I uninstalled Xposed and the reboots still happened!

Never had these in 4.2.2 days (also maybe there wasn't a new facebook at that times).

You are describing 100% my G2...
    As I wrote I have tried nearly everything, including changing my SIM card, deinstalling Swiftkey, factory reset, different roms and kernels.
    Last thing I can try now is get rid of Facebook, what I will do NOW :)
    I would flash the KDZ file from the flasher and upgrade again.

I'm not sure if you guys have played with custom roms/kernels but sometimes bits and parts start to get mixed in and causes it. Only flashing a KDZ using the LG Flasher tool will completely blow away your partitions, format, and set everything back up as new.

That is the next step. If you flash a KDZ and your phone STILL reboots randomly, then it is a hardware problem. Could be faulty ram or connection somewhere. Hope you nail down the problem.
    I had reboots, usually when running google navigation, after I followed the first guide to flash the custom baseband and kernel to get KK w/ root and recovery. I never had problems before with either stock JB or KK, or when I had followed the guide to get KK with just root. So I went back to the KK w/ root flash and then used Autorec for recovery. I haven't had a reboot in 2 weeks now. Not sure what had got messed up before in my phone (actually 2 phones, I would back up one, restore on the other one and get the same problems). TMobile D801.

I did the exact same thing 2 days ago. Ie installed Stock KK using the LG tool, rooted with iroot and then installed recovery with Autorec. So far so good, no reboots. They were happening at lest once a day previously.
    Sounds great, do you have a download-link for 80220D open Europe KDZ?

No need just use the LG Mobile support tool. When it tells you your up to date there go to the options menu and choose "update recovery". It will download and install the firmware.

I know it sounds like its just going to upgrade the phones recovery partition but It downloaded the whole firmware and flashed it for me.