[Q] CPU question

Search This thread

Liquorsicc92

Jan 12, 2014
Modesto
Hey guys! I've been playing a PSP emulator on my note 3 and it runs pretty hot. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of how hot is too hot for the cpu. The battery stays pretty cool so I'm not worried about the battery temp, only the cpu. Thanks in advance!

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
The phones have a thermal throttle, so you should be fine unless you adjusted the throttle. In that case you should already know what's safe and not. And just an fyi, 100 degrees f is not hot for a cpu. Just when you feel something warm to the touch, that item is already at about 100 degrees f.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
I saw in a forum, 90 degrees for note 3 is still normal

Do you mean 90 C? Because I expect 90F ambient temperature whole summer and the phone has to be at least that much, even when shutdown. Add a little bit sun exposure and it can easily hit 120-130F without doing anything and I'm not talking Death Valley, Phoenix or Vegas, up there with outside temperatures hovering around 110 F or more, unless you don't come out from AC cooled room at all whole summer, the phone will be hot. If I remember correctly my computer CPU would start throttling somewhere around 80C, but my computer's GPU could go close to 100C. I would think phone is similar, except without active cooling, it probably starts to throttle sooner.

Reactions: Lorettaa

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
I use Battery Monitor Pro, and it keeps track of daily temps for the week. My lowest is 97.2F, and highest is 104.2F. It gets hottest playing games, but nothing so hot that I have to stop. As previously said the phone has a built in throttle. You can even know when it kicks in as the screen will dim a bit even if you don't have automatic brightness on.

EDIT - And by lowest of 97.2F I mean that is the highest for the day it recorded, not the lowest my phone runs at. Sitting idle with the screen off it's around 86F right now. I've seen it as low as 76F.

Last edited:

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
My droid incredible would hit 118F on a regular basis. My GN3 so far has stayed below 95F. Live in Phoenix, but it it's just now starting to warm up.

Lorettaa

Feb 5, 2014
iloilo
Do you mean 90 C? Because I expect 90F ambient temperature whole summer and the phone has to be at least that much, even when shutdown. Add a little bit sun exposure and it can easily hit 120-130F without doing anything and I'm not talking Death Valley, Phoenix or Vegas, up there with outside temperatures hovering around 110 F or more, unless you don't come out from AC cooled room at all whole summer, the phone will be hot. If I remember correctly my computer CPU would start throttling somewhere around 80C, but my computer's GPU could go close to 100C. I would think phone is similar, except without active cooling, it probably starts to throttle sooner.

My bad, 90F I mean, thanks for correcting, it's like about 32c.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I saw in a forum, 90 degrees for note 3 is still normal