[Solved] MMS Compression

Search This thread

TheEmpyre

Sep 23, 2012
Hello all...my question is if anyone knows of a mod available to boost the maximum size of MMS or change the amount that photos are compressed? I have many friends who notice my pictures look like garbage when I send it to them via MMS. Especially when zooming in on the photo. I have compared side by side and it's not the 4 MP camera, it's definitely the compression. I checked in my settings and i have the maximum size available selected.

I am running skyfall ROM by iBastid, s-off, rooted with elemental 0.18 sense kernel.

Thanks All for any suggestions on how to get some better MMS quality!

Last edited:

Crazypinoy9

Jun 19, 2010
I don't have an answer for you in regards to the stock messaging app but all I can recommend to you is to use Google Hangouts for MMS.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheEmpyre

Sep 23, 2012
I tried using the hangouts app is well and I had no success with it as far as changing the compression of pictures.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

TheEmpyre

Sep 23, 2012
Discovered the world of XPOSED today and the Sense 6 toolbox has a mod to increase MMS size up to 1000k, problem solved!

tekkneke

Dec 2, 2011
Discovered the world of XPOSED today and the Sense 6 toolbox has a mod to increase MMS size up to 1000k, problem solved!

FYI, this doesn't solve your problem. It just raises the max size, but the Messaging app still compresses down to ridiculous amounts. You might have noticed, before you even adjusted your max size, it wasn't even sending 300k, it compresses down to like 70k.

I still get stuff like 90k/1000k in most cases. It is garbage. Only way I can see right now is to use a different messaging app, but I would prefer to use the stock app.

TheEmpyre

Sep 23, 2012
FYI, this doesn't solve your problem. It just raises the max size, but the Messaging app still compresses down to ridiculous amounts. You might have noticed, before you even adjusted your max size, it wasn't even sending 300k, it compresses down to like 70k.

I still get stuff like 90k/1000k in most cases. It is garbage. Only way I can see right now is to use a different messaging app, but I would prefer to use the stock app.

Yeah I noticed the same thing, still garbage. I just never posted back. I am able to get some pictures to post with 800k but most are like 80 or 90. Haven't found any good solution at all

Sent from my HTC One_M8

tekkneke

Dec 2, 2011
Yeah I noticed the same thing, still garbage. I just never posted back. I am able to get some pictures to post with 800k but most are like 80 or 90. Haven't found any good solution at all

Sent from my HTC One_M8

I put in a feature request on the sense toolbox page. Maybe they can figure it out.

luvtommie

Jun 7, 2010
I am beyond irritated with this same issue. It's not Tmobile that's compressing ititit's the phone. If you attached a pic that is less than 1000K (ex. 900K),it doesn't compress. But if youuuse a pic over 1000K, it compresses the heck out of it to like 150K. HTC needs to provide a fix for this!