Misc (Software):

Misc (Hardware):

Accessories:

Last edited:

Wootever

Jun 27, 2012
Mainboard components:
  • Intel Core M-5Y10c
  • SK Hynix H9CKNNNBPTAT: LPDDR3 (2x 2GB)
  • Realtek RTL8723BU: WiFi/BT Single Chip
  • Realtek ALC283: High Definition Audio Codec
  • Realtek RTS5170: SDCard Controller
  • Parade PS8625: eDP to LVDS Converter
  • Parade PS8201A: HDMI Repeater
  • Kionix KXCJ9: Accelerometer
  • Winbond W25Q64BV: 3.3V Flash Memory (BIOS)
  • ITE IT8110E: Embedded Controller
Other components:
  • Samsung LTL106HL01-001: Display Panel
  • FocalTech FT5826: Touch Controller

Last edited:

shinynickler

Jul 16, 2015
Been using it for more than a week and very impressed so far

The best Wacom-based bargain out there right now. Well-built, accurate, surprisingly fast SSD (not eMMC) and CPU. If I were you, I would order straight from manufacturer despite the slightly higher price.

Reactions: Wootever

granaten

Dec 21, 2007
I had some free time so i tried installing windows 10 rtm. Works nice. Was even able to activate it, which didn´t work with 8.1 bing.
Pros: The driver script didn´t work, but i was able to install individual drivers. Seems snappy. Edge browser is superfast. Some benchmarks heaven 4.0: 329 points. 3dmark 2011: P871.
Cons: Couldnt install the reg file for the sensor, so the orientation sensor doesnt work. Windows doesnt allow me to edit the registry at all. The physical windows button works, but there is no vibration feedback. Any ideas?

Reactions: i9000usersa

Wootever

Jun 27, 2012
Another interesting program is ThrottleStop:
Download is available here

The main window gives a brief overview about temperature, package power, clock multiplier and throttling reason:

6y87tsbn.jpg

A click on TPL (Turbo Power Limits) shows different settings to manually adjust the cpu TDP:
(Note: TDP locks need to be disabled in UEFI -> CPU settings to have access here).

k2asir8m.jpg

The most interesting feature is probably the integrated voltage control, it allows to undervolt specifically parts of the core package:
(It needs further testing to see if and how much impact does this function have on an ultra-low voltage cpu.)

z8rqsb9w.jpg

Last edited:

granaten

Dec 21, 2007
Ok so i´ve tried that, doesnt install any of the drivers. Cannot access the files on mega, could you try reuploading them and i will try them out!
Btw the vibration on the windows button came back by itself =)

granaten

Dec 21, 2007
Thx! The driver install fine. The orientation is upside down though. Ive been playing around with the orientation reg file, but Ive only been able to get the screen rotated 90 degrees to the side. If i do that and lock the screen the accelerometer works in games at least. Asphalt 8 works very smoothly!
There seems to be trouble with the bluetooth as well, it only keeps on searching indefinitly. Maybe a driver issue. I will try to look into it.

Wootever

Jun 27, 2012
My order is from Geekbuying.com which seems to cause much trouble for several Cube i7 buyers.
It was in customs "custody" for several weeks because they declared it completely wrong.

It's probably for the best to avoid Geekbuying.com

I also ordered through geekbuying. The tablet was very buggy out of the box, thats why i went along and tried windows 10. The screen was water damaged with a large dark spot in the middle. I was able to fix it with this trick though!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxUOlqaN6N8

Geekbuying is absolutely inadvisable (to put it politely), i also got the version with pre-installed kms activator which is a very questionable practice for a "proper" retailer.

I agree. My i7 stylus was shipped weeks after they deducted payment, the seals were broken, the screen protector had serious scratches all over it (may have been a display unit), and windows was bootlegged. I would strongly advise against doing business with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: granaten

granaten

Dec 21, 2007
Thx mate! That reg setting set everything right with the orientation! The bluetooth driver gave the same error, maybe a windows 10 issue.
I also ordered through geekbuying. The tablet was very buggy out of the box, thats why i went along and tried windows 10. The screen was water damaged with a large dark spot in the middle. I was able to fix it with this trick though!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxUOlqaN6N8

Reactions: Wootever

shinynickler

Jul 16, 2015
Has anyone opened the tablet?

Has anyone opened the tablet to replace the SSD or anything else and can give instructions on how to do it without damage?

KoryandR

Nov 1, 2009
I just realized that THERE ARE instructions but Google Translate does a mess with chinese and it's very difficult to understand :eek:

Top Liked Posts