Overheating issues?

Search This thread

madhad

Oct 13, 2011
Anybody feel their amaze getting really really warm, almost hot? Kinda makes me not wanna use my phone a lot just because the heat might mess it up.

This happens around 15 mins of usage.

Reactions: k87

reggiedls

Nov 13, 2010
It may be an app or apps constantly running. Do you check your task manager often? U may have to kill some apps. Also is it charging when you use the phone? I know it gets hot quickly that way.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

thompsd

Mar 3, 2006
Really depends on what's running. When you first initialize the phone it's going to get hot as it syncs and updates everything but that should pass. If you have location enabled and use the gps, it will get hot, if you use maps and the screen is on, it will get hot...just check it for whats running and delete whats unnecessary. Of course I'm waiting for the root to really delete the crapware.

Adamp24

Apr 14, 2009
Raleigh
Mine gets really hot too.. not quite but almost too hot to touch. It's not even plugged in when it happens and its just from playing music it charging.. no heavy usage. Hopefully it'll disappear once we get some roms with no bloatware!

g_says

Aug 3, 2011
Yeah I experience overheating last night. This is by far the worst ive come accross on any phone. I may go to t mobile and look at the galaxy s2. I love this phone but too many problems for me

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA App

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
Yeah I experience overheating last night. This is by far the worst ive come accross on any phone. I may go to t mobile and look at the galaxy s2. I love this phone but too many problems for me

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA App

I can honestly say that there is no overheating issue with the GS2. I even have this phone plugged into the charger while browsing the internet and the phone is not overheating.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

reggiedls

Nov 13, 2010
I can honestly say that there is no overheating issue with the GS2. I even have this phone plugged into the charger while browsing the internet and the phone is not overheating.

Thats exactly what i experienced using my amaze. Charging and using it i have no overheating issues. I guess its just the luck of the draw with these two phones. No phone is perfect though and i think both these devices have great features and potential.

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
Thats exactly what i experienced using my amaze. Charging and using it i have no overheating issues. I guess its just the luck of the draw with these two phones. No phone is perfect though and i think both these devices have great features and potential.

Yeah, both phones are great. Its just with finding the right fit for you. I chose GS2 because I figured we would have a larger dev community, its lighter because of its plastic design and Super Amoled+. The downside of this phone is its resolution, but I don't notice it that much for it to be a big con. I heard some people actually rather the hefty-ness of the Amaze. I'm not gonna lie I love the design quality of it. HTC is always known for gorgeous designs.

reggiedls

Nov 13, 2010
Exactly. Finding the right fit for "you" is correct. I came from a vibrant and didnt wanna deal with twiz anymore. I had my ups and down with that phone and i figured i'd give htc a try since i had samsung already. Tbh im happy with the amaze and i know u happy with your sgs2

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
Exactly. Finding the right fit for "you" is correct. I came from a vibrant and didnt wanna deal with twiz anymore. I had my ups and down with that phone and i figured i'd give htc a try since i had samsung already. Tbh im happy with the amaze and i know u happy with your sgs2

Definitely happy with my purchase. This phone fits my exact needs. I'm surprised that your not getting overheating issues though. Most of my HTC phones with metal built in or around them had overheating issues after a few minutes of operating them.

reggiedls

Nov 13, 2010
Im actually suprised also. Smart phones do get warm when using alot but i might have got lucky because im constantly plugged in and doing something on this phone. My phone hasnt been above 98 degrees f yet. And thats while cruising the net or playing eternity warriors. I dont have any hd games yet so i'll test again when they become available to see if the phone gets real hot.

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
Im actually suprised also. Smart phones do get warm when using alot but i might have got lucky because im constantly plugged in and doing something on this phone. My phone hasnt been above 98 degrees f yet. And thats while cruising the net or playing eternity warriors. I dont have any hd games yet so i'll test again when they become available to see if the phone gets real hot.

I guess you definitely one of the lucky few cause my myTouch 4g, G2, Nexus One, HD2 and Sensation all heated up. I know all phones heat up when in use, but the GS2 won't even get hot on the charger while in use and to me that's amazing. I'm glad you enjoy your phone and your not experiencing such issues.

Enzopreme

Aug 5, 2011
Medford
I guess you definitely one of the lucky few cause my myTouch 4g, G2, Nexus One, HD2 and Sensation all heated up. I know all phones heat up when in use, but the GS2 won't even get hot on the charger while in use and to me that's amazing. I'm glad you enjoy your phone and your not experiencing such issues.

you also have to remember 2 things though.... 1) the unibody designs always conduct the heat to the outside of the phone, although its operating at the same temp of most phones, the reason you notice it with the newer htc models is cause you can actually feel the heat cause of the unibody... 2) the sammys are all plastic, which doesnt conduct heat too well, so although its getting hot inside, you dont feel it. they both prob run at close if not the same temps, but you can just notice it more on the htc... thats all.

Last edited:
Reactions: JesseMT4G

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
you also have to remember 2 things though.... 10 the unibody designs always conduct the heat to the outside of the phone, although its operating at the same temp of most phones, the reason you notice it with the newer htc models is cause you can actually feel the heat cause of the unibody... 2) the sammys are all plastic, which doesnt conduct heat too well, so although its getting hot inside, you dont feel it. they both prob run at close if not the same temps, but you can just notice it more on the htc... thats all.

That is definitely understandable. If I have to sacrifice design just so I can be able to hold/use my phone comfortably then you know exactly where I'm headed.

Enzopreme

Aug 5, 2011
Medford
That is definitely understandable. If I have to sacrifice design just so I can be able to hold/use my phone comfortably then you know exactly where I'm headed.

mine doesnt get that hot at all. my sensation did, i would go as far as to maybe say its gets warm... definitely not hot... whoever says its almost too hot to touch is either exaggerating or has no skin on their damn hands. lol.

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
mine doesnt get that hot at all. my sensation did, i would go as far as to maybe say its gets warm... definitely not hot... whoever says its almost too hot to touch is either exaggerating or has no skin on their damn hands. lol.

Lol. Maybe its either a female or a child who is the one complaining about the "severe" overheating.

Last edited:

Jaywan

Dec 21, 2010
Newark
My Amaze IS PERFECT NO LIGHT BLEEDING... BLURY PHOTOS... NO RANDOM REBOOTS AND NO OVERHEATING

vdub804

Sep 2, 2008
Phone became too hot to hold while on a 30 minute Tango call.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anybody feel their amaze getting really really warm, almost hot? Kinda makes me not wanna use my phone a lot just because the heat might mess it up.

This happens around 15 mins of usage.

you also have to remember 2 things though.... 1) the unibody designs always conduct the heat to the outside of the phone, although its operating at the same temp of most phones, the reason you notice it with the newer htc models is cause you can actually feel the heat cause of the unibody... 2) the sammys are all plastic, which doesnt conduct heat too well, so although its getting hot inside, you dont feel it. they both prob run at close if not the same temps, but you can just notice it more on the htc... thats all.
    Is the phone really too hot for you guys to hold? mine got hot today when i was doing a bunch of downloading. its getting cold where i live so heating up might be a good thing to keep my hands warm. just as a comparison. does anyone ride a Harley or any other bike? now those things get so hot then when you are riding your nuts are roasting when you come to a stop. at a traffic light or at a standstill i have to stand up off my bike to keep from burning my ass off. now unless your phone is too hot to hold or warms your nuts when in your pocket i wouldn't worry or complain that much.

+1

The aluminum of the unibody is actually being used as an additional heat sink for the processor. Heat dissipated into the aluminum, is heat not affecting the CPU. I have felt mine get warm. But too hot to touch? Not even close.

In my opinion, those claims fall into two camps -- hyperbole or defective device.

These dual core processors generate A LOT of heat. Personally, I find comfort in the fact that the aluminum heats up, because I know it being dawn away from the the CPU. Also, since the SGS2 does not have any metal on the outside of the phone, and the phone is so slim, how is the heat being dissipated? How will it hold up in a hot environment? My Vibrant used to heat up as well, mostly during charging, but sometimes under heavy use.

With the performance being packed into these super slim cases, there is going to have to be some recalibrating of the things that people previously thought were defects.

If my dual core phone is under a heavy processing load, and I don't feel it get warm, I start to worry. Where is the heat going?