Random Restarts with 4.4 Leak

Search This thread

Churchryn

Jul 23, 2011
Hello, I was wondering if anyone else encountered an issue after installing the 4.4 leak. The install of the ROM and firmware go fine, however, once the phone boots for the first time it will just randomly restart. I can never get it to replicate doing the same steps. It can do it before I even do the initial setup, after the setup when doing basic tasks, or can restart back to back for a while.

I am using the Deodexed version and have even tried to Odin back to stock 4.3, get root, install safestrap and try again fresh.

The one thing I did notice, is after I install the ROM I get the "Custom" padlock on the Note 3 splash screen, I didn't see that in the video I watched.
Is my phone just messed up? Or is there something I am missing?

I have tried removing my SIM and SD card with no luck. I am back on 4.3 right now but would love to be on 4.4. I do not experience the restarts on 4.3.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!

recDNA

Aug 24, 2011
I think you need the 3.7x version for kk but double check the directions thread.

Churchryn

Jul 23, 2011
It seemed to go better. After the installation of the ROM and firmware the phone was working fine for about thirty minutes. I just let it sit idle with, then I got a phone call and it rebooted a few min into it. Now it's back to restarting every 3-5 min regardless of what it's doing. Running apps or sitting idle. I'm at a loss =/

manatti

Mar 20, 2009
I did have them after a dirty flash and decided to clean flash and never had a reboot since

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

lastfreedom

Feb 8, 2011
I would try a fresh download too. Seems like isolated problems like this can often be a corrupt download

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Churchryn

Jul 23, 2011
I tried re downloading the ROM, the odexed verison, the firmware, Odin, Safestrap. No success.

I will just hang out on 4.3 and watch with envy as everyone else is on 4.4.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app