[Q]A question about AOSP

Search This thread

gaotxx

Jun 24, 2014
We know that there are lots of AOSP based ROMs, such as CM, omni, etc. But why nearly all the developers don't like to migrate original AOSP to our phones, but only CM, omni, carbon, and so many custom ROMs? What's wrong with the original Google code? Anyone know the reason about that? I know that these custom ROMs have many additional features, but I just like pure Android.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Mostly it is that I think your mistaking google code for pure aosp. They are 2 different things. A pure aosp build has no options and is very plain. Most don't want the bare bones. Also this a development forum, which means that we don't settle core base software. Anyone can sync and build a stock rom

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

gaotxx

Jun 24, 2014
Mostly it is that I think your mistaking google code for pure aosp. They are 2 different things. A pure aosp build has no options and is very plain. Most don't want the bare bones. Also this a development forum, which means that we don't settle core base software. Anyone can sync and build a stock rom

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

I got it. Thank you. But in my opinion, build a pure aosp is not easy as you say, probably I'm new here;)