Sprint, Thanx for keeping FM

Search This thread

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008
Thank you very much for this thread. Just fired up NextRadio and it works great. Stock rooted here. Hotspot fix and nothing else applied.

jpgranger

Mar 3, 2013
Lafayette, La.
S Radio is better

Just wanna pass on that the Hybrid Radio app found in the "ported S5 apps" thread works the same way as NextRadio. Move to System/app reboot and voila. It works with no kinks. Plus, it's the bloatware originally designed for the phone, from the international version I believe.

Anyway.....it does work.

arabbitte

Oct 11, 2007
Just wanna pass on that the Hybrid Radio app found in the "ported S5 apps" thread works the same way as NextRadio. Move to System/app reboot and voila. It works with no kinks. Plus, it's the bloatware originally designed for the phone, from the international version I believe.

Anyway.....it does work.

Did anyone here get FM to work on a non-Spirit S5?

Reactions: koragg97

socos25

Nov 8, 2010
Earth
Yeah I love the FM tuner because so often games get blacked out over the Internet when using tune in radio or other apps. Not to mention if you don't get a good data signal.

winkynatedog

Jun 18, 2007
Ocean City, NJ
Wow, I deleted NextRadio a looong time ago, discarding it as bloat. Found this thread, re-installed it, and now I can listen to radio without a signal, which we know with Sprint tends to be an issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NextRadio app can pick up FM using headset cable as antenna. Built right in.

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda app-developers app
    I know this sounds fanboyish,
    But a big thank you to sprint for keeping the FM Radio functioning on my Sprint GS5...
    :)

Sent from my Rooted Sprint GS5 SM-G900P
    I have been reading in other threads that all GS5s have the FM 'on the chip'...
    It is mechanically disabled (shorted on circuit board) on every variant EXCEPT SPRINT.

Sent from my Rooted Sprint GS5 SM-G900P
    NextRadio!!!!!

Just downloaded NextRadio app from the play store. Turned OFF my wifi and data and the app worked with no issues. Thought it was gonna be some internet based app but it work solely on the the FM transmitter. SWEET!!!!

Check out there site:
    http://nextradioapp.com/

Anyway.....it does work.

Did anyone here get FM to work on a non-Spirit S5?