"Because an app is obscuring a permission request..."

Search This thread
Aug 4, 2015
Hey guys. Searched around and couldn't find another thread addressing this particular issue.

When I try to give an app accessibility access (in this particular case, it's the app Dashlane) it shows me the message "because an app is obscuring a permissions request, Settings can't verify your responses." Could anyone tell me what exactly this means and/or what I should be looking for to solve the problem?

Running Cosmic OSv.1.3 based off of Nougat 7.1.1
OpenGapps nano package
Magisk
No Xposed

Any help would be appreciated!

Mr.Ak

Jan 14, 2015
*RESTRICTED AREA*
Hey guys. Searched around and couldn't find another thread addressing this particular issue.

When I try to give an app accessibility access (in this particular case, it's the app Dashlane) it shows me the message "because an app is obscuring a permissions request, Settings can't verify your responses." Could anyone tell me what exactly this means and/or what I should be looking for to solve the problem?

OpenGapps nano package
Magisk
No Xposed

Go to app setting and grant all permissions.

Reactions: ashwinnanaware@xda

ashwinnanaware@xda

Oct 31, 2017
Pune
Regarding Your App Permission Issue

Hi

Welcome to the XDA Help Forum.

Regarding your permission issue on your phone, the problem may be caused by an app called "File manager" (or "Gestionnaire de fichiers" in french). Either you can uninstall it, or if you want to keep it, go in "Settings -> Applications -> Settings -> Draw over other apps" and set the value to "No" for "File manager".
If you don't find still...Go to settings and search 'draw over other apps'.

Let me know if this info is helpful in resolving this issue or not.

Regards,
Ashwin Nanaware

Reactions: Senior_Pj

raviranveer

Nov 14, 2017
I m using moto g5 s plus..unable to activate accessibility for app like nova launcher

Hi

Regarding your permission issue on your phone, the problem may be caused by an app called "File manager" (or "Gestionnaire de fichiers" in french). Either you can uninstall it, or if you want to keep it, go in "Settings -> Applications -> Settings -> Draw over other apps" and set the value to "No" for "File manager".

Regards,
Ashwin Nanaware
No its not working... Plz help
Thank you,☺️

Reactions: ashwinnanaware@xda

Ruulio

May 13, 2009
thank you, it has worked for me when I have removed the file manager and restart the phone :D

Mar 4, 2018
If it can help... Same issue with Huawei P8 Lite 2017. No way to autorise USB debugging, failing with "An app is obscuring a permission request".

I solved this as follows:
- Go to Settings > Apps > Settings icon (at the bottom).
- Then Advanced > Special access > Draw over the other apps.
- At the top right, in the scrolling menu, choose "Show system processes".
- Select "Floating dock" and disable "Permit drawing over other apps".

Si ca peut aider... Meme probleme avec Huawei P8 Lite 2017. Impossible d'autoriser le debogage USB, erreur "Une application dissimule la demande d'autorisation".

Probleme resolu de la maniere suivante:
- Aller dans Parametres > Applications > Icone Parametres (en bas).
- Ensuite Parametres Avances > Autorisations speciales des applications > Se superposer aux autres appli.
- En haut a droite, dans le menu deroulant, selectionner "Montrer les processus systeme".
- Selectionner "Menu flottant" et desactiver "Autorisation de superposition".

Last edited:

Monte_Christo

Mar 10, 2018
Worked for me

Great tip. Worked like a charm. Thanks!

If it can help... Same issue with Huawei P8 Lite 2017. No way to autorise USB debugging, failing with "An app is obscuring a permission request".

Reactions: hosseinpv

Nathanxda

Feb 14, 2018
Try this↓
Check whether there is other app that request accessibility service, then turn it off.

Some apps like fooview or easytouch may casusing this after you granted accessibility service permission to them.
(Worked for me after i disabled the fooview accessibility service when i was requesting adb permission from a PC)

Last edited:
Reactions: mariobello

egandt

Mar 25, 2008
I can not turn off every draw over other apps there and dozens of them, same with modify system settings, is there a way to turn off all of that crap temporarily as I need to use Andorid debugging and it will not tell me what app is blocking the OK, but turning off all of these apps is not practical as I may need to enable multiple computers.

ERIC

wolf-ccc-grey

Feb 6, 2018
désactive ton lanceur et remet celui d’origine. pour moi c'est bon.

OpenGapps nano package
Magisk
No Xposed

désactive ton lanceur et remet celui du smartphone d’origine pou. pour moi c'est bon.

lynnux

Jun 4, 2013
Just ran into this problem, turning off 'draw over other apps' for LMT Pie Launcher fixed it.

sunnytn

Mar 3, 2012
Hi

Regards,
Ashwin Nanaware

Thanks a lot it worked for me , go in "Settings -> Applications -> Settings -> Draw over other apps" and set the value to "No" for "File manager".

broslav

May 3, 2018
One of the things that I had to do on my (S9+) phone is to temporarily disable my edge(s) in "Edge Gestures" app. No need to force close it.
Haven't tried, but maybe just clearing all the apps from RAM that draw over-the screen could solve the issue.
(I did also uninstall Sesame Shortcuts and all Substratum overlays and rebooted but that was not enough until I disabled Edge Gestures.)

Orlando T

May 21, 2018
Hi guys i have a Samsung galaxy s7 and i having the same problem to conect a HDMI cable to the tv it said that some app is obscuring permission what can i do i need help before i go crazy

HeathenMan

Oct 8, 2011
If someone gets this while disabled all overlay over settings, try alert window checker and force close all user apps that it shows. Worked for me.
Btw i was only able to get a pairing question on my device with samsung kies driver reinstall and pdanet lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    running unofficial Resurrection Remix 8.1 on my pixel 2

system configuration setting - SMART PIXELS needs to be disabled to prevent getting this issue

Si ca peut aider... Meme probleme avec Huawei P8 Lite 2017. Impossible d'autoriser le debogage USB, erreur "Une application dissimule la demande d'autorisation".

Probleme resolu de la maniere suivante:
    - Aller dans Parametres > Applications > Icone Parametres (en bas).
    - Ensuite Parametres Avances > Autorisations speciales des applications > Se superposer aux autres appli.
    - En haut a droite, dans le menu deroulant, selectionner "Montrer les processus systeme".
    - Selectionner "Menu flottant" et desactiver "Autorisation de superposition".

OpenGapps nano package
    Magisk
    No Xposed

OpenGapps nano package
    Magisk
    No Xposed

1. Apps such as Blue light filter apps constantly appear on the top of your screen thus breaking some of the on screen functionalities. Try disabling display over other apps permission of such apps and you should be fine. If you don't know which apps to disable, first enable show system apps and then disable all apps.

2. If you have custom ROM installed such as Resurrection Remix(which was my case) who provides Smart Pixels feature under Settings ->Configurations -> Interface -> Smart Pixels , try disabling that too and you will be able to toggle device admins as well as accessiblity of apps.

3. Also, sometimes it is because of your custom launcher, so try switching to your stock launcher if above solutions don't work.

4. If Accessibility for some apps are on then try disabling them first then try to enable for the apps you wanted to.

5. Uninstalling the anti-virus helps sometimes.

P.S. : Of all the above possible solutions, try the ones which are more suitable to your condition. For eg. you can't try solution number 2 if your ROM doesn't have Smart Pixels[\B].

Hope it helps.
    No its not working... Plz help
    Thank you,

I force stopped the appls that I have that draw over and I was fine. Reboot and everything was back to normal.