Android 5.X Lollipop Discussions.....

Search This thread

Ginel

Jul 21, 2012
wowww niceee so any mentionable bugs so far? :D

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

this will be the biggest project on 2014 :D

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
LPV79-mako-test33

alright guys here is test 33, I'll let you guys mirror it. Tomorrow I will set up the development thread, hopefully you guys can work through of the bugs while I sleep
http://www.firedrive.com/file/CDA508B72AF19584

Dev-host mirror http://d-h.st/n0R
Mega link https://mega.co.nz/#!P0o2xABR!UoRLsTmPlYyroC1JwnvsyVHWoWdxciwNALdqQRViFw4

thanks @Cheesethief for the dev-host mirror and mega.

google link was hit too much and dead now, thanks for the firedrive mirror @hardrockk

FIRST BOOT TAKES ABOUT 20 MINS, wipe your dalvik-cache also since it is a new runtime

I don't even know what will be working and not, defconoi was doing the testing and debugging while I was working on it so not exactly sure yet and as @percy_g2 pointed out there was missing vendor files that were for camera and bluetooth so they might be working.

Dalvik-cache is working now and was a big step in towards getting the package manager to instal but it isn't yet. It is set to selinux permissive at boot now too and strict policy was turned off which will have it booting fast

@percy_g2 pm'ed the none gapp version to you for you to help on debugging

Last edited:

ShooterLight

Mar 12, 2013
wowww niceee so any mentionable bugs so far? :D

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

this will be the biggest project on 2014 :D

Camera, bluetooth, NFC, data/RIL and app installer. I think that's all

Sorry when this is the 1000. Bug post...

Which bugs are now inside, is telecommunication working? is mobile internet H+ working?

I say the same to you

Last edited:

superboom

Aug 25, 2012
Sorry when this is the 1000. Bug post...

Which bugs are now inside, is telecommunication working? is mobile internet H+ working?

Cheesethief

Mar 8, 2012
Google Pixel 5a
alright guys here is test 33, I'll let you guys mirror it. Tomorrow I will set up the development thread, hopefully you guys can work through of the bugs while I sleep
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By0vn8iv_zrVaF9sUmhUXzl2Zm8/edit?usp=sharing test 33

@percy_g2 I think I got most of the gapps out but left a few that looked important. Give about 15 minutes to upload and I will edit this post of the link for you

I will upload this to Dev-Host. Done in probably about ~10min or less.

rtk19

Jul 6, 2014
Rehovot
Install ROM
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik Cache

Basically do a clean install with TWRP, it's reported working on CWM as well. You should have attempted to use MultiROM to save the entire reflashing-because-bootloop-problem, but no use crying over spilt milk.

My suggestion for you is to go back to 4.4.4 by doing a full wipe, and attempt it the MultiROM way. At least that way you have a stable rom to go back to incase this falls through for whatever reason

I flashed it with MultiROM and still bootloop.. any idea?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Success ! ! !

ITS DONE! ! !

Yes! FInally! However it is very slow currently! I am looking into it. For now you have the logcat and a snapshot!!
    I would be interested :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Alright it is gonna be more on the simplistic side because I don't know everyone's knowledge level.

The boot.img consists of a kernel and the ramdisk, the ramdisk includes all the init files and basic loading of everything. When developers talk about getting something to boot, they are normally working on the boot.img and fastboot (generally depending on the platform and availability of fastboot), you can also make update.zips and flash them as usual too. The inits between kit Kat and android L are different mostly because of selinux and induction of Knox so it is taking a bit longer to get that all worked out.
    Second is the system.img that can either be fastboot flashed or turned into a zip with the proper layout and updater script to make a flash able update.zip too (once again depends on the device, some actually use tarballs)
    Now here is where it is more difficult to explain.
    Everything in a Linux file structure is a file, the ram, drivers, sdcard, all is a file. Proprietary binaries are the driver code provided in a binary file for everything from the camera to the touchscreen drivers to work the emmc hardware. Those binaries are code compiled against a certain version of the software and then distributed as closed source binary code. Google would have that code because it is provided under NDA to them to work with.

Next we talk about libraries, libraries are either static or dynamically linked and are compiled code for the system to use, these are highly important because these control everything at the upper system level. When programs are compiled they rely on other programs or hardware to work while also talking to the kernel. Dynamic libraries intertwine throughout other files with linker files or directly into the code while static libraries are worked on and don't need other libraries to function. As far as porting goes, you normally have the code that versions are based on so you can read it and have an idea of what links to what and write linker or fake files to bypass the dynamic libraries they are built on so you can rewrite a library for the function can continue (in porting, you write it so it will work with your hardware vs the original intended hardware)
    Now the problems we are running into against say porting touchwiz to work on the n4 or even back porting. We don't have android L code at all, we don't even know what changes they made to the kernel or any code whatsoever in the source and since we can't compile our own libraries to work with our hardware because we don't have the code puts us at a distinct disadvantage against say a back port. There has been WiFi file structure change ups, selinux, Knox and art runtime changes that we don't know and can't see and we are working on unknown to us changes.

I hope that described it a bit, I kinda rambled and didn't proofread it, there is more involved but I was just trying to explain the gist of things in simple terms

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Free mobile app
    You know what guys? We should all download the image for the nexus 5, make it into a flashable for the nexus 4 by changing 1-2 things in the updater script, post something like "done porting, will test in a bit". Then post "damn, bootloop". Later, something like "Ok, that didn't work. I'll try this tool. I hope it will boot now", etc...

Really, there are a few people claiming to be devs and getting hopes up like this. The guy says "bootloop", "no logcat"... Bootloop?? No logcat? Wow, that's something new. I don't remember seeing anything about that like 10 pages ago. You are the first to get to that point. Awesome!

What's more funny is that people are giving them a hell of thanks and are all like "Wow! Great job man! Keep it up. We believe in you!"...

I'm apologizing in advance in case you find this offensive but this one person posts "porting finished now testing" when he hasn't even flashed the package yet and he gets 34 thanks points which makes it to the top of the thread, above the people who are actually working on a port and have done numerous tests. Well, we can imagine that this person is a super developer who is super confident that his port will work and doesn't need any actual testing in order to say that he has "finished" porting. However, just after a single post he says "not even sure its booting", "Zipping now", "Rebooted hope it boots". Just, what the hell?

Now, do you see any actual devs going around the thread posting their every single status update? Do they do that? They don't, right?

I just hope these people are just posting out of pure excitement and have no intention of making use of this chance to fill their thanks meter up for no price.
    LPV79-mako-test33

http://www.firedrive.com/file/CDA508B72AF19584

Dev-host mirror http://d-h.st/n0R
    Mega link https://mega.co.nz/#!P0o2xABR!UoRLsTmPlYyroC1JwnvsyVHWoWdxciwNALdqQRViFw4

thanks @Cheesethief for the dev-host mirror and mega.

google link was hit too much and dead now, thanks for the firedrive mirror @hardrockk

FIRST BOOT TAKES ABOUT 20 MINS, wipe your dalvik-cache also since it is a new runtime

I don't even know what will be working and not, defconoi was doing the testing and debugging while I was working on it so not exactly sure yet and as @percy_g2 pointed out there was missing vendor files that were for camera and bluetooth so they might be working.

Dalvik-cache is working now and was a big step in towards getting the package manager to instal but it isn't yet. It is set to selinux permissive at boot now too and strict policy was turned off which will have it booting fast

@percy_g2 pm'ed the none gapp version to you for you to help on debugging
    porting finished now testing :D