KC1 update for i9000m (Bell Canada)

Search This thread

{Angel}

Mar 19, 2011
I havent tried it yet but KC1 modem is pretty different from JL2. Cant wait to try it. And yes you can flash the file posted earlier with Odin, no pit and no repartition. I'll make a CWM flasheable file as soon as possible.

Has anybody who tried the new modem have any early impressions?

420SYN

Sep 13, 2010
Chesley
I havent tried it yet but KC1 modem is pretty different from JL2. Cant wait to try it. And yes you can flash the file posted earlier with Odin, no pit and no repartition. I'll make a CWM flasheable file as soon as possible.

Has anybody who tried the new modem have any early impressions?

Awesome thanks a bunch guys

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

Kewjoe

Sep 2, 2010
Can someone extract the CSC file too? Not sure how to do it, but would love to have a copy.

irid

Aug 21, 2009
If you try to send an e-mail from gmail, you'll see that the there are minor changes in the design. It's nothing big, that's why I wonder what's the real sence of this update....
What is different with the gmail app? I also installed the new firmware but can't see any difference with gmail app? Could you tell me?

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App

FuryriderX

Aug 11, 2010
Stoney Creek, ON
Wonder what would happen if i emailed bell and asked for a change log hahha.

Thanks angel for the CWM modem, and climb for extracting it. People who have used it - any differences from JL2?

BlackDino

Sep 11, 2010
Anyone have CM7 or MIUI??
Here is KV1 CMW flashable

attachment.php

Download Here

Videonut

Nov 21, 2006
Lost@ Android Market
I tried the first posted modem file by renaming it modem.bin and flashed in Odin. Didn't work. Baseband version Unknown. Also tried the next CWM modem file posted through CWM3.0.0.5 and that didn't work either.
Wonder if it's because I already have GB installed. No problem flashing the JL2 modem back to the phone through Odin.
:confused:

Figured out the first problem.
Renamed the zip file to .bin, should have unzipped and then rename the bml12 file with .bin
Modem is good now.
I think CWM 3.0.0.5 which came with CFroot can't be used with this CWM file

Last edited:

{Angel}

Mar 19, 2011
I tried the first posted modem file by renaming it modem.bin and flashed in Odin. Didn't work. Baseband version Unknown. Also tried the next CWM modem file posted through CWM3.0.0.5 and that didn't work either.
Wonder if it's because I already have GB installed. No problem flashing the JL2 modem back to the phone through Odin.
:confused:

Figured out the first problem.
Renamed the zip file to .bin, should have unzipped and then rename the bml12 file with .bin
Modem is good now.
I think CWM 3.0.0.5 which came with CFroot can't be used with this CWM file

No the file I attached is for CWM2, you can easily convert it to CWM3 though.

Last edited:

polish-jack

Dec 6, 2009
I just installed CK1 using {Angel}'s CWM packaging. No immediately noticeable changes. In my current spot of the house I am getting a signal strength of -99dBm, no change from the JL2 modem.

shoman94

Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2009
Maine
I just installed CK1 using {Angel}'s CWM packaging. No immediately noticeable changes. In my current spot of the house I am getting a signal strength of -99dBm, no change from the JL2 modem.

IMO You won't typically notice anything in signal strength itself until you get down around -110db... like if you had no service on a stretch of road, you might now have service. Things that hopefully will change will be voice quality, network speed at full signal and min. signal. Also how it hands off to other towers while traveling and also how it changes from 1900 to 850 and vice-versa. Another thing to look at is battery life at idle because the modem can effect how the phone sleeps.

Reactions: polish-jack

bcduma

Dec 19, 2010
Elsipogtog
I noticed the Operations Modes are different in the LbsTestMode.
There's H/W Sensitivity Test, H/W CNo Test and H/W CW Test. But my GPS still sucks.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App

shoman94

Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2009
Maine
Sorry it didn't work either.
package_extract_file"zimage"."/tmp/boot.img"

Thanks for trying. I have KCI so it's no big deal but I'm sure others would like to have it in a CWM package in the future. If you do try again I'll be happy to try a flash.

Got something else from that error.... added the zimage to it.

EDIT: Failed again!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anybody mind sharing the modem? This might be a replacement modem for jl2 for a lot of people.

You can extract the modem from your updated phone.

From terminal emulator or adb:

dd if=/dev/block/bml12 of=/sdcard/bml12

This will save a copy to sdcard.

See attached.

FuryriderX: the Baseband version is reported as I9000UGKC1
    Here is the modem packaged for CWM. Enjoy and please let us know your experience with it.
    im a newbie and just got the galaxy can you tell me best way to root?? every time i try to search there are like multiple methods..

thanks

just use super one click use second option. super easy.
    Rename the attached modem file, adding .bin as the extension and flash in Odin.

IMO You won't typically notice anything in signal strength itself until you get down around -110db... like if you had no service on a stretch of road, you might now have service. Things that hopefully will change will be voice quality, network speed at full signal and min. signal. Also how it hands off to other towers while traveling and also how it changes from 1900 to 850 and vice-versa. Another thing to look at is battery life at idle because the modem can effect how the phone sleeps.