[MOD][ICS][WIP]T-Mobile US Wifi Calling ...Now with AOSP

Search This thread

KAsp3rd

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
Louisville
Downloading it now. I'll give it a shot and see what I can find... I'm looking for a way to restart the app if it closes on it own without a f/c.

Okay short update... I've been using wi-fi calling app all day on OnceICS without it dropping my call. I have had to reconnect only once in an 8 hour period, however it doesn't seem to want to do the initial connection without disabling and re-enabling the app. I'm about off of work now and will try someone with the app when I get home, I'm installing R/CMix v2.1 to try to it when I get home then I will move onto the others.

Last edited:

akapaul26

Nov 26, 2010
South Lyon, MI USA
Update, I have it working pretty well on my end as of now. I used the 1.0.2 patch from the first post. This is what I did...

1. Reboot recovery
2. Clear cache and dalvik
3. Install patch
4. Go into root explorer system/app/wificalling.apk and install apk.
5. Go into app with wifi on and disable wificalling, wait till its disabled.
6. Reboot phone
7. Enable wifi calling app
8. wait till it enables and screen turns out
9. wake up phone make a call (WORKS) receive call (WORKS)!
10. before making another call let wifi calling reconnect and screen time out, for some reason giving it enough time to reload is key on my end. I will test it more but for me I have only had it close once in 5 calls.

Maybe it needs some time and some reboots to settle in.....pretty much solved on my end using Elegancia ICS 1.1.0, 4.0.3 ICS base.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhioDroid80

dwsmith

Jul 31, 2011
Burlington
I can't get this patch to work on ARHD 6.0.2. I cleared the cache, did a wipe before install, etc. This has made it worse. Before it worked occasionally now nothing.

KAsp3rd

Jan 16, 2011
Louisville
I can't get this patch to work on ARHD 6.0.2. I cleared the cache, did a wipe before install, etc. This has made it worse. Before it worked occasionally now nothing.

I originally started this project for ARHD and it is working the same for me that it was before.

As far as RCMix... it seems that the "librilswitch.so" included with the ROM is different then the one included with most other roms... When I replace it with another librilswitch.so from another ROM I loose all connectivity...

MESALLEM

Sep 29, 2007
im trying to use this on onceics and it keeps dropping the call...which version should i be using, the aosp or the regular. i am using onceics 107z

d3vilskid

Jan 2, 2010
I originally started this project for ARHD and it is working the same for me that it was before.

As far as RCMix... it seems that the "librilswitch.so" included with the ROM is different then the one included with most other roms... When I replace it with another librilswitch.so from another ROM I loose all connectivity...

Wow, explains why I always have no connection when I flash it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

Jwatt0918

Aug 20, 2009

I have tried this with ARHD 6.0.2 and also getting random FC and dropped calls.

Has anyone tested on Elegancia series??

ldf913

Feb 20, 2009
www.soundclick.com
Still having crashes during mid-call. I'm looking into the problem!

I've finally discovered why the wi-fi calling wasn't working on ICS roms and I've seemed to have fixed it. (Verified on HyperNonSensev2.0, OnceICSv1.0.7a and ARHD6.0.1/6.0.2)

It seems that mike1986 and I had the same idea except I apparently was a couple days behind on mine... No infringement on his patch was taken on this. Patches between mike1986 and I are mostly identical

Amazingly easy to enable too...

Changelog: Added AOSP support

V1.0.2 (special thanks to OhioDroid80 for being a lab rat for me.)

Fixed errors in updater-script causing nothing to be copied over
Fixed error in script.sh cause build.prop to not be edited properly
Added missing ril.so from v1 that was forgotten in v1.0.1
Instructions are still the same as V1.0.1

V1.0.1

Added script.sh so you don't have to manually edit your build.prop (Thanks Mike1986 for the knowledge on that)

Step 1. Flash wificall_patchV1.0.1.zip
Step 2. Reboot
Step 3. Enable wifi-calling

V1.0.0
Step 1. Add ro.ril.enable.ganlite=1 to your build.prop
Step 2. Flash Wificall_patchv1.zip
Step 4. Reboot
Step 3. Enable and Enjoy wi-fi calling on ICS

Don't forget to hit the thanks button if this works for you!
can i use this on virtuous beta 8 on htc desire z (vision)

s14mc

Oct 26, 2010
sac
can i use this on virtuous beta 8 on htc desire z (vision)

i got wifi calling working on the vision/desire z, not as an addon but as a part of my ICS slim ROM. we have different lib's and our build.prop is jus a lil different. try it out and report bugs!!

by looking over what u guys did i noticed that i left out a RIL!!! maybe that is why wifi calling restarts after every call?

Reactions: gururise

KAsp3rd

Jan 16, 2011
Louisville
i got wifi calling working on the vision/desire z, not as an addon but as a part of my ICS slim ROM. we have different lib's and our build.prop is jus a lil different. try it out and report bugs!!

by looking over what u guys did i noticed that i left out a RIL!!! maybe that is why wifi calling restarts after every call?

Sorry I haven't been working on this much, been crazy t work lately. As far as leaving out a RIL I take it that it was the librilswitch? I think that's the one giving me problems.

mikef

Retired Senior Moderator
Sorry I haven't been working on this much, been crazy t work lately. As far as leaving out a RIL I take it that it was the librilswitch? I think that's the one giving me problems.

I am using ARHD 6.0.3, unfortunately the WiFi calling app locks up after 10 minutes or so of a conversation and this is very frustrating. Does this also occur with your fix?

gururise

Feb 1, 2010
Los Angeles
I really hope we can figure out the WiFi calling on ICS.

The 1.0.2 version does not work in ARHD 6.0.2/6.0.3, and the stock Wifi Calling app that comes with ARHD force closes all the time.

Perhaps we need to take a look and see what s14mc did on his ICS Slim ROM

s14mc

Oct 26, 2010
sac
I really hope we can figure out the WiFi calling on ICS.

The 1.0.2 version does not work in ARHD 6.0.2/6.0.3, and the stock Wifi Calling app that comes with ARHD force closes all the time.

Perhaps we need to take a look and see what s14mc did on his ICS Slim ROM

I used 3 libs and the apk from the official gingerbread 2.16 OTA from tmo for my g2. Then I added a ril switcher script into my ics slim build.prop that matched the 2.16 build.prop from gingerbread. Then I changed the device name to tmobile g2 (duno if this helped or not)

It works but a lil buggy, I can call ppl and send texts prolly around 70% when I receive a call it doesn't pick up about 50%. I just call em back. Also after every call wifi calling drops off an reconnects 5 to 20 seconds later. When I get back to my comp I will show u the script I used.

I noticed u guys used an extra ril file, ima try to add that and see if it helps stability. Let's get this **** working !!!

knotrkr

May 16, 2009
Pittsburgh
The AOSP one works perfectly on Virtuous Inquisition on my sensation. TY :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

d3vilskid

Jan 2, 2010
Hey Casper try adding this line in, got it to work on rcmix with it. Mind you I didn't try it on rcmix ics Rom, but I was experiencing the same thing on rc's gb rom.

rild.libpath=/system/lib/librilswitch.so

Edit: will try this later when I get off from work and head to school, but that would be around 6 or 7.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With T-Mobile Finally releasing their ICS update I'm going to try to see if I can get this working on AOSP.

bigmeow Has already updated the RILs in his patch.

I'm going to update my patches and hopefully get some more look into AOSP

(Removing the current patches until I get them updated)

Still having crashes during mid-call. I'm looking into the problem!

I've finally discovered why the wi-fi calling wasn't working on ICS roms and I've seemed to have fixed it. (Verified on HyperNonSensev2.0, OnceICSv1.0.7a and ARHD6.0.1/6.0.2)

It seems that mike1986 and I had the same idea except I apparently was a couple days behind on mine... No infringement on his patch was taken on this. Patches between mike1986 and I are mostly identical

Amazingly easy to enable too...

Changelog: Added AOSP support

V1.0.2 (special thanks to OhioDroid80 for being a lab rat for me.)

Fixed errors in updater-script causing nothing to be copied over
    Fixed error in script.sh cause build.prop to not be edited properly
    Added missing ril.so from v1 that was forgotten in v1.0.1
    Instructions are still the same as V1.0.1

V1.0.1

Added script.sh so you don't have to manually edit your build.prop (Thanks Mike1986 for the knowledge on that)

Step 1. Flash wificall_patchV1.0.1.zip
    Step 2. Reboot
    Step 3. Enable wifi-calling

V1.0.0
    Step 1. Add ro.ril.enable.ganlite=1 to your build.prop
    Step 2. Flash Wificall_patchv1.zip
    Step 4. Reboot
    Step 3. Enable and Enjoy wi-fi calling on ICS

Don't forget to hit the thanks button if this works for you!
    Little bit too late, it was in my thread few days ago ;) Also my patch is adding necessary build.prop automatically.

http://xda2.androidrevolution.nl/db...TC Sensation/T-Mobile_Wi-Fi_Calling_v.0.2.zip
    I'm still working this issue but as I've stated in prior posts. I believe this is something we will have to wait for T-Mobile to push as far as the app goes.

In reference to the Reading SIM Card status. I believe that has to do with a couple of RILs that are required for Wi-Fi calling to work. I'm trying to get with Whitehawkx and Faux123 to see if they can get some direction on this as it has to do with the Kernel and the ROM.

I've not given up on it, just running out of configuration options to try. Never the less I'm still trying
    Little bit too late, it was in my thread few days ago ;) Also my patch is adding necessary build.prop automatically.

http://xda2.androidrevolution.nl/db...TC Sensation/T-Mobile_Wi-Fi_Calling_v.0.2.zip

Mike, I tried yours and I lost all signal with my SIM. Seems like the libril.so that is included in yours caused the issue. I didn't include a build.prop nor a libril.so in mine as to make the mod available to all those that want to use the T-Mobile WiFi calling not specific for each Rom. I saw yours before I made mine and the signal lose is what made me remake it.

Been really busy at work today. I've been looking over tons of logcats as well but I can't seem to see where the problem is actually coming from... I can run tons of calls with logcat running and it will only crash once or twice... I'm not giving up on it though.