Aluminum cases

Search This thread

KungPow90

Sep 12, 2012
Portland
So I'm shopping around for all things cases, docks, etc. I stumbled upon this bad boy and thought it looked slick. I heard that aluminum backed cases can mess with your radios, WiFi and cell, is this true? Would it have any impact on the phone?

Sent from the best d*** phone I've ever used

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356641062035.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356641062035.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 2,483

Shryvone21

Sep 24, 2012
Seneca SC, 29678
So I'm shopping around for all things cases, docks, etc. I stumbled upon this bad boy and thought it looked slick. I heard that aluminum backed cases can mess with your radios, WiFi and cell, is this true? Would it have any impact on the phone?

Okay let's think of it as an scenario...hmmmm oh! Think of a satellite signal and satellite dish (cable) now that the satellite signal hits your dish with quite the best precision you get signal:). Now your phone does both(sends the signal in which corresponds with the tower and outputs the data back at exponential speeds:p) so if I had to guess......yeaaaah I think it may effect it.:thumbup:

Edit: whoa that's a beautiful case!
Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: KungPow90

KungPow90

Sep 12, 2012
Portland
Okay let's think of it as an scenario...hmmmm oh! Think of a satellite signal and satellite dish (cable) now that the satellite signal hits your dish with quite the best precision you get signal:). Now your phone does both(sends the signal in which corresponds with the tower and outputs the data back at exponential speeds:p) so if I had to guess......yeaaaah I think it may effect it.:thumbup:

Lol thanks for the explanation. I figured it would. Looks pretty dope though I want it. How bad do ya think it would be for the phone? like terrible signals or a just a dropped call here and there?

Does anyone know of something similar to this that wouldn't mess with it?

Shryvone21

Sep 24, 2012
Seneca SC, 29678
Lol thanks for the explanation. I figured it would. Looks pretty dope though I want it. How bad do ya think it would be for the phone? like terrible signals or a just a dropped call here and there?

Does anyone know of something similar to this that wouldn't mess with it?

It shouldn't mess with it to bad and an example to backup my reason it the iPhone 3g that had an aluminum strip around it ha so it shouldn't effect it to much my friend.

KungPow90

Sep 12, 2012
Portland
It shouldn't mess with it to bad and an example to backup my reason it the iPhone 3g that had an aluminum strip around it ha so it shouldn't effect it to much my friend.

Sweetness. I'm gonna order it. I'll post pics and review it's effect when it arrives.

Thanks guys!

Reactions: Shryvone21

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
When I had a s3 briefly it had a aluminum back. I did notice the signal drop 1-2 bars randomly. This may be a little different.

Do you have a link for this?

I would be interested in trying this

Sent from my HTC One XL

KungPow90

Sep 12, 2012
Portland

azturbomini

Jun 9, 2010
Has anyone received they're aluminum case yet? I'm anxious to see if there is any signal issues and how it looks on the phone.

Thx

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

KungPow90

Sep 12, 2012
Portland
Finally, it arrived. I'm liking it. It gives a slim sleek profile to the phone. Very minimal bulk to it. The brushed aluminum back has a nice feel to it. Something I've noticed in the five minutes that its been on my phone is the plastic around the metal is just that. Plastic. Ick. Some people might like it but personally, I don't. Something to keep in mind. Another thing I've noticed is the aluminum is seemingly glued on to the plastic. Don't get me wrong here though, very sturdy and isn't coming off but it isn't a seamless integration. The cut outs for the buttons and speaker are a smudgeon off, a slight bit up on the phone. That's minor and just my OCD kicking in, everything is fully functional and usable though.

Rating: 8/10 You get what you pay for, and perhaps a little more.

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
I guess I just like to see what I'm going to be seeing when my phones in there. Many other case makers show pics I was just wondering why the metal ones didn't

Sent from my HTC One XL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am happy to report no signal loss. If there was any it was not noticeable lol. Everything was a ok with service.

Pics will be posted later today.

Sweetness. I'm gonna order it. I'll post pics and review it's effect when it arrives.

Thanks guys!

Has anyone received they're aluminum case yet? I'm anxious to see if there is any signal issues and how it looks on the phone.

Thx

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Sadly, no. Shipping on this thing is wack. Hopefully soon though. As soon as it comes in I will report in here.