[ROM][4.4.4][KTU84Q][AOSP] Octo-Kat

Search This thread

Grommish

Aug 21, 2009
www.teamoctos.com

Screenshot4_zpse298fc5b.png

Disclaimer: OctOS is a WIP. It has been evaluated as being stable, and is suitable for daily use in most cases. While it may be considered stable, there may be unknown bugs. The development team is not responsible for any damage to your device or your information.

Team OctOs presents Octo-Kat.​

features_zps4ffd054f.png

downloads_zps53bf4168.png

We maintain a current release record and change-log on our website: http://www.teamoctos.com

-Do Not Mirror our files without talking to us. We can do that ourselves should we desire to.-

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why isn't there XXXXXXX feature.
A: Shoot us a Suggestion if you want to see something added. While we are not going to promise to implement, we will always look into it

Q: But CM and all the others have..
A: ROM developers, including CM, build something they want to use. The ROM dev that includes something they won't run implies less than 100% effort to ensure it does work. As a team, we have similar goals and objectives. If XYZ ROM has a feature you want, and we don't (or don't want), feel free to use XYZ ROM, or build your own custom version of Octo-Kat

ADB Logcat tutorial here: How to create a logcat log

Bugs:
Let us know if you run into bugs. Get Syslog from the Android Market, if you don't already have it. No logs and we can only try to recreate the event off of vague descriptions. Please also include what you were doing when it FCed or failed. Logs can be emailed to: teamoctos@gmail.com

Basic Instructions:
  1. Download ROM .zip file
  2. Reboot to Recovery (Note: Use Three-Finger or adb reboot recovery - ROM Manager or similar software is NOT supported)
    --- TWRP is the ONLY recovery Team OctOs uses - We do not support flashing on CWM ---
  3. Flash ROM and GApps .zip files
  4. Reboot

A Note about the Team OctOs GApps
We in Team OctOs believe in choices. We believe in leaving the fundamental decisions about your phone to you.

In that spirit, Team OctOs gives you options for your GApps experiences. While any GApps package should work, we offer you the choice of using some of the same GApps packages that we use ourselves, and leave the choice up to you.

The Dalvik-Enhanced packages are NOT ART compatible. If you plan to run ART, don't use those.

Special thanks to
  • @broodplank1337 for the great aosp source to start
  • @buckmarble for helping on a lot of random issues. :good:

We would also like to thank
  • CyanogenMod for their device specific files and drivers
  • ChameleonOS
  • SlimROM
  • Anyone else who has ever submitted Open-Source code

Follow Us at the various website below!

XDA:DevDB Information
OctOS-Galaxy S 4 variants, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
Grommish, Dubbsy, cjkacz, treken, agat63, hlxanthus, buckmarble, winner00, wizard0f0s
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Galaxy S 4 rooted with recovery
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2013-12-27

Created 2013-12-12
Last Updated 2014-07-24

Dubbsy

Mar 12, 2013
York
Good job on the rom!, btw I absolutely love the Q&A Section!

Q:Why isn't there XXXXXXX feature.
A:Because... AOSP.
Q:But CM and all the others have..
A:Because...not AOSP. Vanilla is vanilla. If you want cookies and cream...go get it.

:laugh::good::angel:

Thanks for providing excellent source to build on top of.

4.4 kicked us back to square one with the additional settings and everything. It was like the ICS to JB and GB to ICS before that. I had expected a simple update. That's what I get for expecting anything of the sort. :good:

Grommish

Aug 21, 2009
www.teamoctos.com
apart from that it looks nice....

Have to say, flash roms for some years now, nut oct settings hidden , for me not the most logical place....

Found them after all...

They are supposed to be.

The idea is that you can have an almost 100% AOSP experience unless you choose not to. It's why out of the box you don't even have a Reboot option.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Reactions: marcel112

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Screenshot4_zpse298fc5b.png

Disclaimer: OctOS is a WIP. It has been evaluated as being stable, and is suitable for daily use in most cases. While it may be considered stable, there may be unknown bugs. The development team is not responsible for any damage to your device or your information.

Team OctOs presents Octo-Kat.​

features_zps4ffd054f.png

downloads_zps53bf4168.png

We maintain a current release record and change-log on our website: http://www.teamoctos.com

-Do Not Mirror our files without talking to us. We can do that ourselves should we desire to.-

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q: Why isn't there XXXXXXX feature.
    A: Shoot us a Suggestion if you want to see something added. While we are not going to promise to implement, we will always look into it

Q: But CM and all the others have..
    A: ROM developers, including CM, build something they want to use. The ROM dev that includes something they won't run implies less than 100% effort to ensure it does work. As a team, we have similar goals and objectives. If XYZ ROM has a feature you want, and we don't (or don't want), feel free to use XYZ ROM, or build your own custom version of Octo-Kat

ADB Logcat tutorial here: How to create a logcat log

Bugs:
    Let us know if you run into bugs. Get Syslog from the Android Market, if you don't already have it. No logs and we can only try to recreate the event off of vague descriptions. Please also include what you were doing when it FCed or failed. Logs can be emailed to: teamoctos@gmail.com

Basic Instructions:
    1. Download ROM .zip file
    2. Reboot to Recovery (Note: Use Three-Finger or adb reboot recovery - ROM Manager or similar software is NOT supported)
      --- TWRP is the ONLY recovery Team OctOs uses - We do not support flashing on CWM ---
    3. Flash ROM and GApps .zip files
    4. Reboot

A Note about the Team OctOs GApps
    We in Team OctOs believe in choices. We believe in leaving the fundamental decisions about your phone to you.

In that spirit, Team OctOs gives you options for your GApps experiences. While any GApps package should work, we offer you the choice of using some of the same GApps packages that we use ourselves, and leave the choice up to you.

The Dalvik-Enhanced packages are NOT ART compatible. If you plan to run ART, don't use those.

Special thanks to
    • @broodplank1337 for the great aosp source to start
    • @buckmarble for helping on a lot of random issues. :good:

We would also like to thank
    • CyanogenMod for their device specific files and drivers
    • ChameleonOS
    • SlimROM
    • Anyone else who has ever submitted Open-Source code

Follow Us at the various website below!

XDA:DevDB Information
    OctOS-Galaxy S 4 variants, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    Grommish, Dubbsy, cjkacz, treken, agat63, hlxanthus, buckmarble, winner00, wizard0f0s
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Galaxy S 4 rooted with recovery
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2013-12-27

Created 2013-12-12
    Last Updated 2014-07-24
    Good job on the rom!, btw I absolutely love the Q&A Section!

Q:Why isn't there XXXXXXX feature.
    A:Because... AOSP.
    Q:But CM and all the others have..
    A:Because...not AOSP. Vanilla is vanilla. If you want cookies and cream...go get it.

:laugh::good::angel:
    OK all. I know its been a while since we chatted so let me fill you in a bit. We have been extremely busy working behind the scenes. On what you ask? Well an announcement on that will be coming . ...I know , I know I hate these kind of posts too. But in fairness its not meant to be a tease but rather just letting you know we are still alive and kicking. 

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
    New build is up on site! Change log to follow but most noteworthy change is archi optimizations added to ROM. Explanation of this is on our gplus community page .

http://www.teamoctos.com/supported-devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s4/octos-unified-jflte/

sent from my OctOs powered VZW S4
    Update 1/2/14

AOSP Updates
    New JasonG Inverted Wallpapers

New Team OctOs GApps packages now available! Please see the OP for more information regarding these.