[ROM][4.4.4][OFFICIAL] Commotio bi-weeklies, Fast and smooth [10-04-14][AOSP][GPL]

Search This thread
Greetings!

One of things I would do is switch to Clockwork Mod Touch Recovery. I used to use TWRP and then it started to give me errors, but your installation process is solid and should work. :)

One of the nice features of Commotio and Vanir are that you can switch between the two ROMs easily just by flashing either one of the them after you've gotten a fresh installation. It makes updates EXTREMELY easy between the ROMs. :)

I hope this helps you!

Hi Damacy & Friends:

I have my HTC Rezound with the following:

PhoneROM: Global_OTA_BLUE-v2.5
Baseband version: 2.23.10.0123r, 2.23.10.0124r
Build Number: 4.05.605.14
UNLOCKED
VIGOR PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-2.28.0000
Recovery: TWRP v2.6.3.0

I would like to update my HTC Rezound with [4.4.3] Commotio KitKat...but I need your help about the Installation Process:

1. Boot up TWRP
2. Run CleanWIPE_1.0_-_Rezound.zip
3. Flash B66-commotio-vigor-060614.zip
4. Boot fully
5. Boot back into TWRP
6. Flash 6-2_GApps_Standard_4.4.3_signed.zip
7. Clean Cache and Dalvik
8. Reboot into Evervolv ROM

Questions:
- Do you agree with the Installation Process?
- What else do you recommend me to get a Good-Installation without problems?

Thanks in advanced for your help

TecMan

Reactions: TecMan45

TecMan45

May 10, 2007
Hi Damacy:

Thanks for your reply...:)

Let me tell you that I always have been use AmonRa v3.10 and then I installed TWRP v2.6.3.0...and I agree with you that after flash a ROM...we will have some errors...that was my case...

Questions:
1. What version of CWM Touch do you have installed? I have a file for CWM_Touch_6.0.3.6_Vigor_PH98IMG.zip
2. I have a file for CWM-6.0.4.5-recovery.img but it's not Touch, How do you install a img file?
3. Any other recommedation before I install your ROM?

Thanks
TecMan

zekemo

Mar 27, 2012
I'm having issues with the status bar on my install. I did a clean install with clockwork touch. Installed gapps, etc. Every now and then when I drag the status bar down my screen expands and the launcher goes into what looks like a reboot and sometimes it gets stuck into a loop of reopening. Anybody else experience this? Thanks :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

TecMan45

May 10, 2007
Hi Damacy & Friends:

I have your Commotio ROM 4.4.3 KitKat in my Rezound...it's my first installation...and I don't know how to access my SDCard from my PC.

In the past, I connected my Rezound to my PC with USB Cable and I changed to disk and done...

but...into the KitKat, I don't know how do it.

Can you help me please?

Sorry for the question

TecMan

Hi Damacy & Friends:

I have your Commotio ROM 4.4.3 KitKat in my Rezound...it's my first installation...and I don't know how to access my SDCard from my PC.

In the past, I connected my Rezound to my PC with USB Cable and I changed to disk and done...

but...into the KitKat, I don't know how do it.

Can you help me please?

Sorry for the question

TecMan

Check the second post in my Vanir thread under Rezound Original Android Development. :) I have directions for turning on USB mass storage in there, you'd miss it if you didn't know where the settings were. I even did for the first 2 weeks of my original Vanir release, I thought USB storage didn't work! New build is being uploaded! :D I have the next Kang release baking right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: TecMan45
Check the second post in my Vanir thread under Rezound Original Android Development. :) I have directions for turning on USB mass storage in there, you'd miss it if you didn't know where the settings were. I even did for the first 2 weeks of my original Vanir release, I thought USB storage didn't work! New build is being uploaded! :D I have the next Kang release baking right now.

New Commotio release is live! :D

TecMan45

May 10, 2007
Hi Damacy:

Thanks for your reply and thanks for the USB Mass Storage tip..I really need it

I have your Commotio ROM (B66-commotio-vigor-060614) with 6-2_GApps_Standard_4.4.3_signed in my Rezound and let me give you my first reactions as a feedback and some questions for you:

1. CDMA Signal is only 2 bars vs. 4 bars with Global_OTA_BLUE-v2.5
2. Settings/Device/More doesn't work
3. Settings/Wireless & Networks/More/Call Settings/Internet Call Settings...I loaded my SIP Account and doesn't work...with Global_OTA_BLUE-v2.5 worked
4. Google Now is working great!!!
5. Bluetooth is working :)

Questions:
a. What are the differences between Commotio ROM (B66-commotio-vigor-061314) and Vanir ROM (vanir_vigor_4.4.3.061314)?
b. How do you wipe/clean the internal sdcard before flashing?
c. Is Android 4.4.3 beta or final version?
d. Do you recommend me to update my Rezound with B66-commotio-vigor-061314 or stay with B66-commotio-vigor-060614?

Thanks

TecMan

bluetooth_decay

Jul 19, 2009
Texas, baby!
I'm having issues with the status bar on my install. I did a clean install with clockwork touch. Installed gapps, etc. Every now and then when I drag the status bar down my screen expands and the launcher goes into what looks like a reboot and sometimes it gets stuck into a loop of reopening. Anybody else experience this? Thanks :)

Yes, on the last two versions of Vanir prior to 6-13, though not on the last Spec Ops version (5-11?) I'm trying out Omni at the moment, so I haven't followed up on it, but Omni keeps shutting down my phone a couple times a day so I'm willing to go back to Vanir or Commotion and test.

SigLover21

Jun 27, 2011
Poulsbo
I'm having good luck with this most recent build 6-13. For me it's more reliable with less glitches than CM11. And so it is my new daily driver.
Thank you
:good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

PrimeDirective

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2010
No one on my team has given you permission to post official builds. Remove from the thread title. And list the actual developers in your op FFS.

If you have a problem with it you can talk to me through Google hangouts.

Dave Kessler

Last edited:

Nemesis02

Mar 21, 2009
Don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but I'm having an issue with unresponsive softkeys on my Rezound with this ROM. It's not so much unresponsive but seems its not sensitive enough cause i have to play around with the button before it recognizes my finger being on it.

zekemo

Mar 27, 2012
Are the keys only unresponsive when the phone is plugged in?

Sent from my Rezound on Tachyon using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nemesis02

Mar 21, 2009
No, doesn't matter if its plugged in or not, i tap it repeatedly but doesn't seem to respond at all, sometimes if i spend a few minutes doing it, it'll respond and work. I just enabled to screen soft keys and disabled the hardware soft keys. I'm pretty sure this isn't related to the ROM cause I've seen this issue on another ROM also, but also seem to be seeing random shutdowns when i disconnect from my charger. Happens about once or twice a day.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Straight from the ROM kitchen Laboratory of a Special Forces Information Systems Tech comes Vanir-based ROM...

COMMOTIO!!
    Main Vanir Developers:
    Dave Kessler - PrimeDirective
    Eric McCann - nuclearmistake
    Derek Hunter - DHO
    Dan Trifan - styrr

I am only the device maintainer for the HTC ReZound!!

Commotio+1.png

Commotio.png

Commotio+3.png

Commotio+2.png

Features
    Status Bar
    - Quick Setting including numerous customizations
    - Customize clock display and location, customize signal bar
    - % displayed in battery + circle mod
    - Transparency

Navigation Bar
    - Customizable buttons + colors
    - Customizable height + width
    - Navi Ring
    - Transparency

Lockscreen
    - Fully customizable targets/rotation/widgets/ and more
    - Transparency

General Tweaks
    - Tablet UI Chooser
    - DPI/LCD changer + force tablet settings mode
    - Theme Chooser: Including inverted theme
    - ADB over network
    - Custom Carrier text
    - Custom backlight
    - Expanded Desktop: with different modes
    - Extended Power menu
    - Long press back to kill (in developer options)

Application Tweaks
    - Selectable Gtalk
    - Expanded Phone: noise reduction, advanced settings, speaker proximity
    - Expanded MMS including Quick Emoji
    - Camera: Enhanced settings (credit CM)
    - Functional Sound Recorder
    - Koush’s Superuser
    - Vanir Keyboard – removed tracking/logging – highly optimized

Sound
    - Hightly customized DSManager with 96k sample rate and more options/butter
    - Quiet Hours
    - DSP Manager included (Credit CM)
    - Volume wake / rocker music controld
    - Rewritten Speaker proximity designed for Commotio/Vanir

Debloated
    - All inclusive ~180 MB –> 60 MB of Bloat removed
    - Fully featured LatinIME Keyboard, but only 2.2 MB (normally 16-20 MB), removed tracking/logging
    - And soo much more

Butter
    - Compiled with linaro keychain
    - GCC 4.8 w/ -O2 -fstrict-aliasing AKA highly optimized compiling for better results (like Linaro)
    - Vanir.cfg – Set your CPU frequencies, colors, ZRAM, and much more. Set and once and forget; it stays on your SD card
    - DHOtheory: Sets up the kernel/ROM the way I like it, then self destructs on first boot, so you can change it later
    - Go-faster Axiom scripts
    - Vanirice – makes everything just a bit smooth
    - For every 1 user settings there are 5 power saving + performance tweaks tweaks

Theme
    - TRIAGE theme – (Inspiration DroidTh3ory)

Commotio Special Powers
    - Being to dirty flash between Vanir and Commotio

Rezound specific features:
    -Rezound Hybrid Kernel
    -Hyperspace fast and prototype Jump Gate technology with O2 flags

Bugs -
    Art is touchy, use at your own risk

Installation Instructions:
    I recommend users of this ROM to be on at least HBoot 2.7, and also S-Off your device, and if coming in fresh, USE CLEAN WIPE!!
    For Recovery - I use CWM Touch 6.0.3.6, though you can also use Philz Touch or the latest TWRP!
    1) Put the ROM on your SD Card
    2) Reboot to Recovery
    3) Scroll down and Select Wipe
    4) Wipe the following:
    - Wipe ALL data/factory reset
    - Wipe /data
    - Wipe /cache
    - Wipe Dalvik-cache
    - Wipe /boot
    - Wipe /system
    (4a- Choose Install -> Install from SD Card -> Pick Clean Wipe! and let it do it's thing then do a data/factory reset)
    5) Scroll to and press return
    6) Install from SD Card
    7) Reboot and enjoy!

~Note: Please do not mirror the rom! Thank you!~

Downloads:
    ROM:COMMOTIO!!
    (THE ROM IS HOSTED ON MY PRIVATE SERVER AND YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT THE SELF SIGNED CERTIFICATE TO BE ABLE TO CONNECT.)
    BaNkS GApps: BaNkS GApps

Help support our troops! I'm currently on active duty and have a full family that I am supporting!

Source
    Google - Android
    Vanir Source
    Kernel - Hybrid

250px-Aperture_Science_grey.svg.png
    Change log

Change log:
    10-04-2014 - Updates because I can. :p I moved the ROM to my private server for hosting.

08-03-2014 - Updated to 4.4.4! Get yo sleek on!

06-13-2014 - Updated Vanir code base. Oh, hi. So, how are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO.

06-06-2014 - Updated to 4.4.3. Share and enjoy!

06-02-2014 - More clean up in the Vanir code base. Its June, I figured we could use something fresh. We haven't entirely nailed down what element it is yet, but I'll tell you this: it's a lively one and it does not like the human skeleton.

05-28-2014 - Theme chooser implemented! Let's be honest: Neither one of us knows what that thing does. Just put it in the corner, and I'll deal with it later.

05-21-2014 - Removal of Performance Control during baking of the ROM, things just got nasty. >.< We fire the whole bullet, that's 65% more bullet per bullet.

05-10-2014 - Morfe changes to the Vanir code base, I got bored and updated. :p

05-05-2014 - Cinco de Mayo update, changes to Vanir Code base, more under the hood changes. You're angry. I know it. 'She tested me too hard. She’s unfair.” Boo hoo.

04 - 27 - 2014 - Initial Commotio Rezound release. We can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster.
    I want to install either this rom or the latest version of Vanir rom but I can't decide. Can anyone elaborate the differences between these two?

Commotio is a Vanir derivative with a few different tweaks under the hook and some interface changes. It would be like having 2 Z28 Camaros, one with a sun roof, and the other with T-tops.
    What were the updates??

Just curious... I am the counter over in the ReZound CyanogenMod. It seems as though the main thing to get fixed is the Camcorder. Any ideas?? Anything that we could help you with?? Would like to see this KitKat version fully working before we all depart. Seems like the HTC One M8 is attracting a lot of our developers and users. I might go there later -but- first I would like to get this one working fully. I do believe that it has been greatly overlooked by the public. Course I am prejudice... I like the phone.

Anywho, IF you are working on the Camcorder problem -and- there is -anything- that I can do to help just please let me know. Either publicly or in a PM.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    New Update posted! :D