Phone shuts off!! Automatically!!

Search This thread

petosak

Apr 13, 2011
Petition

I`m no. 121 in petition.
My phone is in service point. I called now.
In status "Consultation with LG" now.
SGS2 looks very well and i hate 2x LG brand...

LickMyEar

Apr 18, 2011
Sydney
FFS, if you go to facebook dot com/lgmobileaus

The stupid assholes are going to release the phone in Australia. As if its not causing enough problems already. Please PLEASE fill up their FB page with complaints about how F&%(ed this phone is!

I also signed the petition, only up to 140 signatures.

I warned people against buying it on their facebook page.

I contacted LG today who sent me to the LG service center who said they cant repair or replace the phone since I purchased it Overseas and its not available in Australia yet.

I want my F&%(#ing money back. Never again will I buy ANYTHING LG!

RedeemerSK

Apr 5, 2011
Bratislava
Just PM'd aco47, original starter of this thread:
Redeemer said:
Hi there

I'm one of many many many users discussing our LG Optimus 2X problems in a thread you originaly started - Phone shuts off!! Automatically!!.

If it's OK with you, could you please update your very first starting post with the links to the online petition http://www.petitiononline.com/LGO2XPrb/petition.html (and if you want to the FB page http://www.facebook.com/pages/LG-Optimus-2X-Random-Reboots/212332242129438?sk=info).

I thought that it would help to make thread newcomers aware.

Thx.
Redeemer

mikeyd85

Dec 23, 2009
Leeds
Problem with me and perhaps others is i have got the phone on contract. My networrk provider doesn't care as its lgs fault. Crummy position to be in.

Call customer support, tell them it doesn't meet the sales of goods act law stating that something must be fit for purpose and threaten court action via citizens advice and that you'll also contact watchdog ( I've contacted them once) about the issue. It may help you.

Vertigood

Apr 1, 2011
My last response from LG was that the info they have is that it is a softwareissue and that an update is on it's way within two weeks....yea right.

I wrote in my mail that I've tried everything, of course a hard reset. The first thing they wrote back was. "Have you tried to do a hard reset? Press....bla bla...."

Do they even read the mails! In the second mail they wrote the thing about the update.
So, I'm still waiting. Can't see the point of sending it in for service. Noy yet.

Swedes, how does it work? If I send it in for service three times and it's still faulty what can I do then? Get another phone from my provider? I mean not a Optimus 2x. Or do I have to except a new 2x? I'm on a Telenor-contract.

mikeyd85

Dec 23, 2009
Leeds
Also, I'm on my 3rd handset which came with v10D installed. I'm trying to make it bsod but it just won't happen! Lol.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

rambell

Jan 11, 2010
I had the phone for 2 weeks now, never had an issue with it until it suddenly shuts off yesterday and rebooted itself. Not too sure what to make of it, most likely if it doesn't occur again, it should be working fine. I think.

awf

May 9, 2008
I had the phone for 2 weeks now, never had an issue with it until it suddenly shuts off yesterday and rebooted itself. Not too sure what to make of it, most likely if it doesn't occur again, it should be working fine. I think.

Well my first one was fine the first 3 weeks after that a horror story...

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

rambell

Jan 11, 2010
Oh well, it rebooted again today. It's been uplugged for over 60 hours, not sure if that's a factor.

Wwax

Feb 2, 2010
More and more convinced that most of the problems is due to heat, not because it gets very hot but the saftey treshold is set waaaay to low.

geistio

May 20, 2010
I just experienced another "sleep of death" on the latest CM7 build.
Luckily I could connect via adb and do a "logcat".
This is what I got: pastebin.com/prGFPNMt (I cannot post links yet... sorry!)
This is the output from "dmesg": pastebin.com/ARJS66K1
And this from "ps": pastebin.com/jhvXC9ui

At least to me it seems that that "system_server" somehow crashes and effectively turns down the whole system.

Maybe we should get this pastebin-link to the CM7 developers?!
Any volunteers? :)

Last edited:

sader0

Sep 3, 2010
Dont own Optimus 2x, but the owner of Tegra 2 Tablet(Toshiba Folio 100). Watching this thread cause wnt to buy Tegra 2 phone due to performance gain...
My vote goes for Tegra 2 raw & ****ty drivers, Imho they do cause Tegra 2 devices to hang in the middle of nowhere.....SoD is also a syphtome

xmoo

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net
I think it may be a hardware issue. Went to the local phone shop here, and the O2X they has. Had a uptime of 240hours!!! So no SOD or reboots... Was running 10A tho

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

zorgl

May 6, 2011
mine seems more stable since i no longer use 'advanced task killer'
i still had one freeze, but no more i'm-dead-please-remove-my-battery.
rem: i also charge it via the usb, not the charger, will try the charger again...

kostasalfa

Nov 17, 2008
mine seems more stable since i no longer use 'advanced task killer'
i still had one freeze, but no more i'm-dead-please-remove-my-battery.
rem: i also charge it via the usb, not the charger, will try the charger again...

Disabling autokill on screen off helped me with reboots too

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Twice my phone has frozen during charge (using LG and HTC Hero charger) during the night when charging from less than 20%.

Charges from > 20% appear to have no issues.
    Charges from < 20% with wifi and mobile data off also appeared to have no issues.

Can't say I've had any random reboots. I've disabled F-Secure through the app itself (it was annoying me) and I use Launcher Pro Plus instead of that horrid LG UI.

All on a stock, unrooted ROM.

Edit: One thing I haven't mentioned is that my longer , successful overnight charges have all been ended by the phone's alarm going off in the morning. the phone has been fully charged throughout the night and woken fine like this.

Edit 2: Can all UK users with the issue visit: http://www.lg.com/uk/support/index.jsp and go on live chat. Speak to the representative and ask them to raise a "Voice of Customer" notice. This will help get the issue escalated.
    Just joined, and don't think I'll read the whole thread.
    Here is my experience :)

I have had the phone for about a month and have had few problems. I got a bit disappointed when i saw how slow and unresponsive it was, especially when installing from market. One day at work the battery was suddenly empty, turns out it was Messages going in to a crash and restart loop. and a couple of days later the whole thing crashed, wouldn't boot. Had to flash it.

After the flash I rooted it, uninstalled useless applications and widgets, installed pre-dexopt fix and haven't had a single problem yet.

2-3 days battery life, opposed to almost one day when new.
    No random reboots, not while using, not while charging.
    Excellent call quality

My phone was shipped with Euro Open Rom date 19032011. V10B I think.
    I now run Euro Open V10C, kernel 2.6.32.9 dirty, baseband 1035.21_20110405
    try these settings..

.. to ease the pain.

Check box to Stay Awake while charging (settings, applications, development).

And most importantly , you MUST disable the screen timeout completely, to NEVER timeout. You may need to download an App ( quick settings, my settings..) to allow you to do this.

Just remember to manually turn off the screen with the top button (on / off) , otherwise your battery will deplete rapidly.

I don't whether this tip is Perfect, but i haven't experienced any problems for 3 days now.

Hope it helps.

And thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post on this community. I'm sure all this information has helped many..
    In fact you ONLY need to DISABLE your Screen Timeout. It's not necessary to Check Stay Awake while charging, as once you've set your Timeout to NEVER it already does the same.

Can't believe it was something so simple. Always thought it was a AUTOMATIC Screen Timeout problem..

So come on LG ! We've discovered the problem with YOUR software, so please can you resolve this Automatic timeout issue in your next update. It can't be that difficult , now the problem has been identified.

Don't want to have to manually adjust the screen timeout forever. It is a chore.

Come on LG - you surely can fix it now !

At last a future with no more Black unresponsive screens and reboots !
    I've been emailing Quentyn Kennemer from Phandroid and he is going to get in contact with LG regarding the issue. :)

Edit: Alos: http://phandroid.com/2011/04/08/doe...oot-or-turn-itself-off-every-so-often-issues/ :)