[App] SHORTCUT MASTER: Hidden Shortcut Explorer / Secret Code Revealer

Search This thread

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
SHORTCUT MASTER

Shortcut Master is a powerful tool for creating, capture, searching... shortcut. It can reveal any hidden shortcuts, hidden secret codes... in your device.

You can create shortcuts for any hidden functions or secret codes, such as App Ops, *#*#4636#*#* (Testing menu), etc...

* SECRET CODE EXPLORER:

Here you will get a list of all secret codes available in your device. You can filter the list by All apps, System apps or User (downloaded) apps.

* APP EXPLORER: (Package Explorer)

Here you will get a list of installed apps (packages) in your device. You can filter the list by All apps, System apps or User (downloaded) apps.

* SEARCH:

Here you can search the target by full text searching. Just enter any text to the search box and press the button to search. The text will be searched in the app name, package name and the target class name.

You can filter the search result by All apps, System apps or User (downloaded) apps.

* CAPTURE SHORTCUT:

You can capture the shortcut manually or automatically.

* EXPORT / IMPORT:

You can export the favorite list to the file on the sdcard for backup. Use the file to import later or copy the file to other devices.

*** ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS ***

- Some system functions may need ROOT permission to be launched.
- Some system functions can not be created shortcut on the Home screen.

Please be noted that it is due to device policy, and these vary from devices to devices.

To start creating a shortcut, follow these simple steps:

1) Find the target by using one of the following tools (under the Menu):
- Secret Code Explorer
- App Explorer
- Search
- Capture Shortcut

2) You can test the target by opening it (Launch button).

3) Create the shortcut in the list (Favorite button) or on the Home screen.

DOWNLOAD: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.shortcutmaster.lite

FULL Edition: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.shortcutmaster

lite.png
full.png

You can download the shortcuts list file and import in to the app.
(Android 4.3 Hidden Shortcuts.rar and Samsung (Note 3) Hidden Shortcuts.rar)

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 13,188
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 12,831
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 12,501
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 10,662
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 10,152
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 9,679
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 9,253
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 9,016
Last edited:

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

#01:
Q: After capture shortcut, when I place the shortcut in the Favorites section, the shortcut works. However, when I place the same shortcut in the Home Screen, it says "Application not installed". Why is that?
A: Some shortcuts can be launched without root and some shortcuts require root to be launched. In this case, the shortcut is required root to launch. That's why it can be launched in the Favorites list, but cannot be launched in the Home Screen, because a shortcut on the Home Screen can only be launched without root.

Last edited:
Reactions: TechDad378

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Tip:

To create a shortcut for App Ops, go to Menu --> Search and enter 'appops' to search. Tap and select Favorite to create a shortcut in the favorite list.

Last edited:

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Tip:

To create a shortcut for Notification History, go to Search menu, enter 'notificationstation' to search. Tap to create a shortcut.

Reactions: shawmens

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
To create a shortcut for Recent Apps, go to Search menu, enter 'recent.recent' to search. Tap to create a shortcut.

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
To create a shortcut for Testing Menu (*#*#4636#*#*), there are several ways:

a- Go to Search menu, enter 'testingsetting' to search. Tap to create a shortcut.
b- OR go to 'Secret Code Explorer' menu, scroll down to 4636. Tap to test if the code works (Launch 1, 2 or 3) and then create a shortcut.

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Update v1.1.0:

- Added 'Launch Method 0' for secret codes. This method allows you to launch secret code with ROOT permission. This way you can launch almost ALL secret codes available for your device, that may have been prohibited due to security policy on some devices (e.g. Samsung).

- Changed the default setting for 'Launch Method 0 and 1' to 'Use per-code scheme', that allows you to launch non-standard secret code on some devices (e.g. Samsung). You can change it in the Settings menu.

Reactions: chazwarth

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
To create a shortcut for Band Mode, go to Search menu, enter 'bandmode' to search. Tap to create a shortcut.

Final5k

Aug 5, 2009
Incredible app! Now we can change the Network Bands as well as the RCC Revision which were disabled by Samsung in 4.4....all secrets codes that I was using in GB/ICS work here! Thank you! Really a 5 star app!!

Edit : Why does it need Full Internet access?

Last edited:
Reactions: vndnguyen

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Incredible app! Now we can change the Network Bands as well as the RCC Revision which were disabled by Samsung in 4.4....all secrets codes that I was using in GB/ICS work here! Thank you! Really a 5 star app!!

Edit : Why does it need Full Internet access?

Hi, thank you for using my app.

The Lite version need Internet access to display ads. The Full version doesn't require this permission.

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Hi again,
I'm using your app Shortcut Master and it's a very useful application. I would like to ask you where does Android 4.4 store the file for the secret code *#301279#

This code allows us to change the Rcc Hspa Control and I was wondering in which file/folder is it stored?

Thanks!!

Hi,

Open Shortcut Master app, go to 'Secret Code Explorer' menu, scroll down to 301279, you will see the details of this code:

- The app that handle this secret code: Service mode RIL
- The package name: com.sec.android.RilServiceModeApp
- The broadcast receiver that handle this code: SecKeyStringBroadcastReceiver

Tap on this code, select 'Explore' to get more info...

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
To create a shortcut for GTalk Service Monitor (*#*#8255#*#*), go to Search menu, enter 'gtalkdiagnostic' to search. Tap to create a shortcut.

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
To create a shortcut for Radio Info (where you can select preferred network type: WCDMA, CDMA, GSM, LTE...), go to Search menu, enter 'radioinfo' to search. Tap to create a shortcut.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
To create a shortcut for Running Services, go to Search menu, enter 'runningservice' to search. Tap to create a shortcut.

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
To create a shortcut for Proxy Settings, go to Search menu, enter 'proxyselect' to search. Tap to create a shortcut.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SHORTCUT MASTER

Shortcut Master is a powerful tool for creating, capture, searching... shortcut. It can reveal any hidden shortcuts, hidden secret codes... in your device.

You can create shortcuts for any hidden functions or secret codes, such as App Ops, *#*#4636#*#* (Testing menu), etc...

* SECRET CODE EXPLORER:

Here you will get a list of all secret codes available in your device. You can filter the list by All apps, System apps or User (downloaded) apps.

* APP EXPLORER: (Package Explorer)

Here you will get a list of installed apps (packages) in your device. You can filter the list by All apps, System apps or User (downloaded) apps.

* SEARCH:

Here you can search the target by full text searching. Just enter any text to the search box and press the button to search. The text will be searched in the app name, package name and the target class name.

You can filter the search result by All apps, System apps or User (downloaded) apps.

* CAPTURE SHORTCUT:

You can capture the shortcut manually or automatically.

* EXPORT / IMPORT:

You can export the favorite list to the file on the sdcard for backup. Use the file to import later or copy the file to other devices.

*** ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS ***

- Some system functions may need ROOT permission to be launched.
    - Some system functions can not be created shortcut on the Home screen.

Please be noted that it is due to device policy, and these vary from devices to devices.

To start creating a shortcut, follow these simple steps:

1) Find the target by using one of the following tools (under the Menu):
    - Secret Code Explorer
    - App Explorer
    - Search
    - Capture Shortcut

2) You can test the target by opening it (Launch button).

3) Create the shortcut in the list (Favorite button) or on the Home screen.

DOWNLOAD: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.shortcutmaster.lite

FULL Edition: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.shortcutmaster

lite.png
    full.png

You can download the shortcuts list file and import in to the app.
    (Android 4.3 Hidden Shortcuts.rar and Samsung (Note 3) Hidden Shortcuts.rar)
    I'm running Shortcut Master Lite on an LG G3 rooted running CM13. When I load the App Explorer I get this:

Screenshot_20160824-083149.png

If I press continue it will continue to attempt loading but if I press the back button it will give me the first 20 or so apps. I love this app but if I can't access all of my app activities it's not worth buying for me. Thanks!
    If you got the "Error type 2" message (see the attached screenshot) when trying to launch a secret code (in the 'Secret Code Explorer' menu), you need to update SuperSU app to the version 2.49 (currently still Beta) or later, and also update its binaries.

Here is how:
    - Download the zip file at http://download.chainfire.eu/740/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.zip
    - Extract and get the Superuser.apk file from the 'common' folder inside it.
    - Install Superuser.apk, it will ask to update the binaries to the latest version. Let it update.
    - Reboot the phone.

This problem could be caused by SELinux. Using
    Code:
    runcon u:r:init_shell:s0 am broadcast...
    should do the trick with SuperSu 2.46.
    FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

#01:
    Q: After capture shortcut, when I place the shortcut in the Favorites section, the shortcut works. However, when I place the same shortcut in the Home Screen, it says "Application not installed". Why is that?
    A: Some shortcuts can be launched without root and some shortcuts require root to be launched. In this case, the shortcut is required root to launch. That's why it can be launched in the Favorites list, but cannot be launched in the Home Screen, because a shortcut on the Home Screen can only be launched without root.
    Trying too activate VOLTE on my unlocked Note 8 and keep receiving this message when Shortcut Master when I try. /data/users/0/ org.vndnguyen.shortcutmaster.lite/cache/run[2]not found Any ideas?

Thanks,
    That mean this shortcut need root permission to work.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk