[Q] Should I flash my G900I with a G900F ROM?

Search This thread

johnnyb33

Dec 6, 2013
Yeah with root explorer before you edit the others.xml file it asks you if you want to mount as read/write remember you need root

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Reactions: trevagreene

ramsesxv

May 7, 2014
ok found a way around it.
flash the taiwan rom with odin.
let it reboot and complete.
and extract the tar contents from the xsa firmware
then go back into download mode
and flash modem.bin
go back to download mode and flash NON-HLOS.bin
both using the CP option in odin.
so you get the taiwan rom without all the restrictions and the official gsm and lte modem from the xsa firmware
works GREAT!!!!!

I try this method but no success i can't flash nothing with odin full firmware or only modem.bin give always secure check fail

i get modem.bin from g900f version it say fail check

markymarkis

Apr 27, 2007
I try this method but no success i can't flash nothing with odin full firmware or only modem.bin give always secure check fail

U must get the 2 modem files from a g900i firmware, I suggest the latest ending in D2 download from sammobile dot com

gtda

Oct 20, 2010
Newcastle
Any one tried the new btu firmware on their Telstra model?

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

johnnyb33

Dec 6, 2013

Check in settings/ security you dont teactivation lock ticked and try flashing the modems again

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

markymarkis

Apr 27, 2007
---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Any one tried the new btu firmware on their Telstra model?

you can't flash the btu firmware which is for the g900f onto a g900i Australian phone.

Last edited:

gtda

Oct 20, 2010
Newcastle
---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

you can't flash the btu firmware which is for the g900f onto a g900i Australian phone.

Ahh spewing, wasn't sure. I used to have Swedish firmware on my old optus S4. Guess I'll stick to Telstra firmware.

markymarkis

Apr 27, 2007
Ahh spewing, wasn't sure. I used to have Swedish firmware on my old optus S4. Guess I'll stick to Telstra firmware.

ive flashed the taiwan firmware to get over the restrictions on the australians versions.
all Australian versions (carrier ones and direct from samsung ones) doesn't autorotate the pictures in the gallery when you turn the phone, theres no camera on the lock screen, you can't modify the dock icons, you can't silence the camera shutter sound.. etc...

have a look on the thread about Australian phones, you'll see lots of posts about it, and how you can remove the restrictions by flashing the taiwan rom, and the Australian modems to get the best experience.

Reactions: Sparkysparkler

hfs1314

May 7, 2014
Yes. you can flash it..You can see the omega rom,it support g900i..

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

gtda

Oct 20, 2010
Newcastle
ive flashed the taiwan firmware to get over the restrictions on the australians versions.
all Australian versions (carrier ones and direct from samsung ones) doesn't autorotate the pictures in the gallery when you turn the phone, theres no camera on the lock screen, you can't modify the dock icons, you can't silence the camera shutter sound.. etc...

have a look on the thread about Australian phones, you'll see lots of posts about it, and how you can remove the restrictions by flashing the taiwan rom, and the Australian modems to get the best experience.

Cheers mate, mite have a look. I'm pretty happy with my phone as it stands just prefer the undbranded firmware. Plus I get great coverage now I'm with Telstra.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Would I have to root to use omega. Im happy with sticking to official firmware at the moment. I used to root all my galaxies but kinda got over it

markymarkis

Apr 27, 2007

without prejudice:
1. omega rom isn't the latest BTU build, its based on the previous build.
2. omega rom is far from the official g900f firmware. its heavily modded.
3. i think the original question was has anyone flashed the original BTU firmware from g900f to the g900i which is NOT possible

i always used omega on my s4 and even donated to omega which got me pre-releases, but I'm not willing to trip my knox on a new phone when we don't know what problems could arise that may need to be replaced by warranty.

:laugh:

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Cheers mate, mite have a look. I'm pretty happy with my phone as it stands just prefer the undbranded firmware. Plus I get great coverage now I'm with Telstra.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Would I have to root to use omega. Im happy with sticking to official firmware at the moment. I used to root all my galaxies but kinda got over it

can i suggest u flash the official taiwan rom, then flash the australian modems over.
makes the phone much better! and remains official with warranty.

gtda

Oct 20, 2010
Newcastle
Just got official DVU1AND2 on Telstra. Was a 30mb update, only said performance updates that's it. don't think I'll worry about tawain firmware but thanks for the help so far

prot-

Jan 16, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I use XtreStoLite rom on my 900i. It works perfectly. It's co pretend stock but you get to choose what bloat were to install so it's clean and lite. Battery lasts 2 day easy for me

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Free mobile app

r35gtr

Jul 25, 2014
Perth
S5 G900i with Custom G900f Omega ROM

Hi,

I have Australian Galaxy S5 G900i, rooted using CF (via Odin), with Philz Recovery and Omega Rom v7.0.
Omega ROM v7.0 was installed as G900f last Sunday 27/7.
To date this setup is running smooth, no probs.
Using Optus network, showing "LTE" in "Status" under "About Device".
Getting consistent 4G reception as per stock ROM.

Hope this helps

al amery

Jul 30, 2014
Please help I want install rom G900F on my G900V Verizon

but taiwan rom doesnt have download booster

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

is work if your G900I flash Taiwan G900I rom, is only error when using G900I mobile Flash G900F Rom...
taiwan rom is goot, unless no download booster

Hi there
I want flash my phone, and install the rom of G900F to my verizon G900V, please help me if there are any way to do it, my phone already rooted by towel root

Last edited:

Mussels84

May 18, 2013
Hi,

I have Australian Galaxy S5 G900i, rooted using CF (via Odin), with Philz Recovery and Omega Rom v7.0.
Omega ROM v7.0 was installed as G900f last Sunday 27/7.
To date this setup is running smooth, no probs.
Using Optus network, showing "LTE" in "Status" under "About Device".
Getting consistent 4G reception as per stock ROM.

Hope this helps

this works because custom roms dont change the bootloader or modems.

I've just bought a G900I to add to my ever growing collection (i get them second hand or damaged and fix them), and this is very similar to how the S4 variants worked.

Flash latest stock ROM for your model (g900i) to get bootloader and modems - then root, custom recovery, and install any custom rom of a similar firmware (stock 4.4.2 = custom 4.4.2 will work fine)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the G900I and here's what I did to get around the locked dock.

Root the rom using cf-root and modify the following.

Open the /system/csc/others.xml file and change TRUE to FALSE on the following line:

<CscFeature_Launcher_ReplaceHotseatAreaInEditMode>TRUE</CscFeature_Launcher_ReplaceHotseatAreaInEditMode>

And while your at it, to enable gallery auto rotate after root, do the following in the same others.xml file

"<CscFeature_Gallery_AddAutoRotationIcon>TRUE</CscFeature_Gallery_AddAutoRotationIcon>" and change TRUE to FALSE.

Save your changes, reboot

As for using another rom, I'd wait until development is churning out lots of rom variations.

Sent from my SM-G900I.
    Hi people's,

I have created a thread for general discussions for all Galaxy S5 Australian users.

This thread has deviated from the OP Let's keep all our information flowing on the new thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2723223

Sent from my SM-G900I
    I've flashed many different ROMs over the years and never had issues but I was curious as to whether the different modem in another variant would cause issues with LTE?

The G900I I have has it's dock locked so can't change anything and the always on voice (Hi Galaxy from sleep) doesn't work. These 2 issues seem common with the G900I. Here in Australia our LTE bands seem different to most other countries so I need to know if I screw with the baseband etc, will I have issues with network speed?

Thanks
    antigravity - im not sure bout the camera but as far as using the taiwanese firmware let us know how you go. The OP had a good point in that other countries use different LTE bands so it may or may not work. Either way let us know..

Sent from my SM-G900I

Taiwanese firmware works perfectly well on an Australian 900I.

Doesn't have download booster or Paypal fingerprint, but I wouldn't use those features anyway.

Will probably end up loading a custom ROM at some stage, but so far, the Taiwanese firmware works great. No noticeable difference with 3G/4G on the Telstra network.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
    Does anyone try the omega rom for Aussie S5 SM-G900I?

Enviado do meu SM-G900I através de Tapatalk

Yes I have. V1.4 works perfectly.

Others have had a few problems with battery, Bluetooth and NFC. I installed it like this. Chainfire's root, PhilzTouch Recovery, Factory Reset, Wipe to install new ROM, Install Omega. Not one issue.