[KERNEL] Jmz M8 Kernel Remove Write Protection

Search This thread

pokedroid

Apr 21, 2010
Getting access denied message. Really need stock kernel, anyone else getting access denied?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Absolutely nothing special here. WP turned off. Thats it.

Flash in recovery.

Download

Source
    Can you clarify for me what write protection this removes? Hate to ask a stupid question but I'm new to htc and this device and just want to knows what's what.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

On stock kernel you are unable to make changes to /system partition even with root. This removes that.
    Is this the same kernel as the international m8 or att version?

They are the same source code

I'm able to access sdcard just fine.

+1

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

Forked now I can break some ****!

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Also so this question isn't asked a million times ,"How do I know if the kernel flashed properly?" . Look at your default.prop , it will say ro.secure=0 instead of 1 . Or your changes will stick on reboot. I figure I would just toss that out there before someone felt the need for clarification.

Old and outdated,hense dead link.

Well I just got my AT&T m8 and its still on 4.4.2 and will be until lollipop... AT&T halted updates. And I just wanted to keep it rooted and stock but get the ability to debloat, so if anyone has a link or file I would appreciate it. I saw flar2 kernel won't work with 4.4.2