[GUIDE][AKURO-DATA2SD] new method to increase internal memory

Search This thread

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
there are already similar method to save our internal memory such as: link2sd, a2sd darktremor, amarullz, and my previous data2sd method. those method is quite popular and I believe you're using one of them now. some of you might also already use my data2sd method which used a script in init.d to mount sdcard ext partition to /data or use my data2sd kernel. however, both that methods have several bugs. in my data2sd kernel, script manager doesnt work. while if you use script in init.d, some 3rd party gps app like ndrive won't work. thats not a big deal if you're using gmaps, but its a lil bit frustrating for me since I hate to use gmaps app. so, I was experimenting with some other script several days ago and find a new method to overcome the bug from my previous method.

in this method, we use similar method with a2sd darktremor and amarullz but its a lot simpler. my method will mount sdcard ext partition on /system/sd then replace the partition on /data/app, /data/dalvik-cache, and /data/data with the one in /system/sd.

pre requirement:
1. good sdcard with ext3 partition
2. kernel with init.d support
3. cwm
4. luck

preparation step
1. copy cwm and my script on your sdcard
2. with your terminal emulator type
Code:
su
mount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd
3. with your explorer go to /data. copy everything inside it to /system/sd
4. unmount your ext partition "umount /system/sd"
5. go to recovery.
6. flash my script via cwm.
7. reboot.

I made this tweak as a modular stuff. it consist of 1 script used to mount the ext partition and the other three script used to mount the partition on /data. in this way, you can get four mode.
- a2sd mode (cache2sd-data2sd) --> delete 01akuro2_app (to activate cache2sd only, delete 01akuro4_data)
- amarullz-like mode --> delete 01akuro3_dalvik
- akuro mode --> delete nothing
- old data2sd mode --> delete 01akuro2_app, 01akuro3_dalvik, 01akuro4_data. make a new script "01akuro5_adata" contain
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
mount -o bind /system/sd /data

notes:
1. I highly recommend to install my script on fresh installed rom
2. a2sd, amarullz, data2sd script and link2sd will conflict with this method
3. this mod only works on ext3 partition. you'll need to modify the script by yourself if you're using another partition type

credits:
1. amarullz for the idea
2. irfanbagus n savie
3. all xda member here

TERM OF USE AND SHARING:
this thread intent is for sharing. feel free to use, edit, distribute all material inside this thread which came from me. if there any parts of this mod which comes not from me please refer to the original dev I've mentioned in this thread. if want to share it to another forum or modify it you don't have to ask my permission. no need to credits, put links or whatsoever. you'll only need to remember that you should held all the responsibility by using this mod, modify it or distribute it. DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK

Last edited:

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
updates and changelog:
v2.0 : http://d-h.st/HB4

installation procedure:
- flash this file via CWM
- reboot. check /data/kuro_akuro.log if the app and dalvik succesfully mounted copy /data/data to /system/sd.
- reboot your device.

changelog:
v1
- first release project. link in 1st post
v2
- log system. check /data/kuro_akuro.log
- semi automated system. app and dalvik cache auto move. data should be manually copied to /system/sd after reboot.
- auto mount for all type partition
- aroma installer

Last edited:

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
haha...its just a side project. I still don't have a linux environment yet, so I was experimenting with several tweaks. here is one of the result. I think I'll need your help when I've setted up my system :3

Reactions: denniz05 and tandob

b16h22

Apr 30, 2012
haha...its just a side project. I still don't have a linux environment yet, so I was experimenting with several tweaks. here is one of the result. I think I'll need your help when I've setted up my system :3

Something for me to include in my next update:D
Btw, use wubi.That's a good method to install linux.I've setup the linux environment today:good:

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
Reserved :)

Sir kurotsugi, Can you make this and other tweaks of your built in in one kernel? I think it is easier for newbies to flash a kernel than to go over the steps above -just a thought.
BTW, Good work!

Added to Samsung Galaxy Young for Dummies 2nd Edition - New Users Start Here under Guide to Tweaking and Modding
not everyone want to have those tweak on one flash file. sorry.
Btw, use wubi.That's a good method to install linux.I've setup the linux environment today:good:
I'll consider that option. the problem is that I don't have any distro linux on my comp at this moment. (lol)
Wow thanks for the great guide.......

Sent from my GT-S6102 using Tapatalk 2
this is the method I've discussed with you via PM several days ago. you can extract it and see inside it. amarullz works in backwards. it mount ext partition in /data then mount dev/block/bmlXX (the data partition) to /sd-ext. after that it mounts /sd-ext/dalvik-cache and /sd-ext/data to /data.

rkmiks

Jul 1, 2012
Is it okay to use this method on a class4 sd card . So far i have been using link2sd only , never tried other options under the impression that they might require class 10 or something.

tandob

Mar 10, 2012
kolkata
it is not good. It is takes my internal memory. Like, before install apps memory was used 61.4mb. After 4apps installed memory 64.9mb

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
yup it still use internal memory for system data and log. check into /system/sd to see if you can find files like in /data. if you can find them it means its installed correctly. go to /data, clean your log files, tombstones, and dropbox files.

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
this is the new script for akuro. its still in beta and not yet released to public. can anyone see into this and give me some suggestion?
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
# kuro akuro: new data2sd method
# copyright@mycat (2012) - lol...i'm just joking. no copyright or whatsoever
# contact : kaze.noichi17@gmail.com

# v.1 - first release
# v.1.1 - automated system, new build,

LOG_FILE=/data/kuro_akuro.log
    if [ -e $LOG_FILE ]; then
        rm $LOG_FILE;
    fi;

# the preface
echo "==========================
#  TWEAK AKURO-LOG FILE  #
==========================
in the name of Allah, 
the most beneficent, 
the most mercifull
system information:
vendor   : $( getprop ro.product.brand )
model    : $( getprop ro.product.model ) 
ROM      : $( getprop ro.build.display.id )

running the script...
start at: 
$( date +"%m-%d-%Y %H:%M:%S" )
==========================" | tee -a $LOG_FILE;

# unmount sdext if mounted
umount /system/sd

# fix sdcard speed
if [ -e /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb ]; then
	echo "2048" > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb;
	echo "fix sdcard speed tweak   [OK]" | tee -a $LOG_FILE;
fi;

# create sdext dir in /system
if [ ! -e /system/sd ]; then
	echo "WARNING!: no sdext dir
please create dir /system/sd" | tee -a $LOG_FILE;
fi;

echo "SDEXT directory check    [OK]" | tee -a $LOG_FILE;

# mount sdcard all type
busybox mount -o noatime,nodiratime,nosuid,nodev  /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd;
mountext=`busybox mount | egrep 'ext2|ext3|ext4'`;
if [ -n "$mountext" ]; then
	chown 1000:1000 /system/sd;
	chmod 771 /system/sd;
fi;

echo "akuro: sd-ext mount      [OK]" | tee -a $LOG_FILE;

# create the directories

if [ ! -e /system/sd/app ]; then
	mkdir /system/sd/app;
	mv /data/app/* /system/sd/app;
fi;

if [ ! -e /system/sd/dalvik-cache ]; then
	mkdir /system/sd/dalvik-cache;
	mv /data/dalvik-cache/* /system/sd/dalvik-cache;
fi;

echo "akuro: preparation step  [OK]" | tee -a $LOG_FILE;

# mount sd to data directories
mount -o bind /system/sd/app /data/app;
chown 1000:1000 /system/sd/app;
chmod 771 /system/sd/app;

if [ -e /system/sd/app ]; then
	echo "akuro: app mount step      [OK]" | tee -a $LOG_FILE; else
	echo "akuro: app mount step    [FAIL]" | tee -a $LOG_FILE;
fi;

mount -o bind /system/sd/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache;
chown 1000:1000 /system/sd/dalvik-cache;
chmod 771 /system/sd/dalvik-cache;

if [ -e /system/sd/dalvik-cache ]; then
	echo "akuro: dalvik mount step   [OK]" | tee -a $LOG_FILE; else
	echo "akuro: dalvik mount step [FAIL]" | tee -a $LOG_FILE;
fi;

if [ -e /system/sd/data ]; then
	mount -o bind /system/sd/data /data/data;
	chown 1000:1000 /system/sd/data;
	chmod 771 /system/sd/data;
fi;

if [ -e /system/sd/data ]; then
	echo "akuro: data mount step     [OK]" | tee -a $LOG_FILE; else
	echo "akuro: data mount step   [FAIL]" | tee -a $LOG_FILE;
fi;

sync;

# end
echo "==========================
done at: 
$( date +"%m-%d-%Y %H:%M:%S" )
all praise is due to Allah
--   have a nice day    -- 
      kurotsugi@xda
==========================" | tee -a $LOG_FILE;

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
aroma...i hope they know how to use it (lol)

btw, my init.d method have several limitation. your a2ad doesn't work in my kernel. this project is still not finished. the script still contain several bug including:
- wrong syntax @ unmount command (forgot to change it when upload it)
- ext4 can't be mounted
- can't create /system/sd folder when it doesn't exist
- can't move /data/data partition automatically (kernel limitation. only in my kernel. init.d method failure)
- app and dalvik cache not moved if sdext have both folder.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    there are already similar method to save our internal memory such as: link2sd, a2sd darktremor, amarullz, and my previous data2sd method. those method is quite popular and I believe you're using one of them now. some of you might also already use my data2sd method which used a script in init.d to mount sdcard ext partition to /data or use my data2sd kernel. however, both that methods have several bugs. in my data2sd kernel, script manager doesnt work. while if you use script in init.d, some 3rd party gps app like ndrive won't work. thats not a big deal if you're using gmaps, but its a lil bit frustrating for me since I hate to use gmaps app. so, I was experimenting with some other script several days ago and find a new method to overcome the bug from my previous method.

in this method, we use similar method with a2sd darktremor and amarullz but its a lot simpler. my method will mount sdcard ext partition on /system/sd then replace the partition on /data/app, /data/dalvik-cache, and /data/data with the one in /system/sd.

pre requirement:
    1. good sdcard with ext3 partition
    2. kernel with init.d support
    3. cwm
    4. luck

preparation step
    1. copy cwm and my script on your sdcard
    2. with your terminal emulator type
    Code:
    su
    mount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd
    3. with your explorer go to /data. copy everything inside it to /system/sd
    4. unmount your ext partition "umount /system/sd"
    5. go to recovery.
    6. flash my script via cwm.
    7. reboot.

I made this tweak as a modular stuff. it consist of 1 script used to mount the ext partition and the other three script used to mount the partition on /data. in this way, you can get four mode.
    - a2sd mode (cache2sd-data2sd) --> delete 01akuro2_app (to activate cache2sd only, delete 01akuro4_data)
    - amarullz-like mode --> delete 01akuro3_dalvik
    - akuro mode --> delete nothing
    - old data2sd mode --> delete 01akuro2_app, 01akuro3_dalvik, 01akuro4_data. make a new script "01akuro5_adata" contain
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    mount -o bind /system/sd /data

notes:
    1. I highly recommend to install my script on fresh installed rom
    2. a2sd, amarullz, data2sd script and link2sd will conflict with this method
    3. this mod only works on ext3 partition. you'll need to modify the script by yourself if you're using another partition type

credits:
    1. amarullz for the idea
    2. irfanbagus n savie
    3. all xda member here

TERM OF USE AND SHARING:
    this thread intent is for sharing. feel free to use, edit, distribute all material inside this thread which came from me. if there any parts of this mod which comes not from me please refer to the original dev I've mentioned in this thread. if want to share it to another forum or modify it you don't have to ask my permission. no need to credits, put links or whatsoever. you'll only need to remember that you should held all the responsibility by using this mod, modify it or distribute it. DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK
    updates and changelog:
    v2.0 : http://d-h.st/HB4

installation procedure:
    - flash this file via CWM
    - reboot. check /data/kuro_akuro.log if the app and dalvik succesfully mounted copy /data/data to /system/sd.
    - reboot your device.

changelog:
    v1
    - first release project. link in 1st post
    v2
    - log system. check /data/kuro_akuro.log
    - semi automated system. app and dalvik cache auto move. data should be manually copied to /system/sd after reboot.
    - auto mount for all type partition
    - aroma installer
    Reserved :)

Sir kurotsugi, Can you make this and other tweaks of your built in in one kernel? I think it is easier for newbies to flash a kernel than to go over the steps above -just a thought.
    BTW, Good work!

Added to Samsung Galaxy Young for Dummies 2nd Edition - New Users Start Here under Guide to Tweaking and Modding
    not everyone want to have those tweak on one flash file. sorry.
    I'll consider that option. the problem is that I don't have any distro linux on my comp at this moment. (lol)
    Wow thanks for the great guide.......

Sent from my GT-S6102 using Tapatalk 2
    this is the method I've discussed with you via PM several days ago. you can extract it and see inside it. amarullz works in backwards. it mount ext partition in /data then mount dev/block/bmlXX (the data partition) to /sd-ext. after that it mounts /sd-ext/dalvik-cache and /sd-ext/data to /data.
    how do i unmount ext partition "umount /system/sd"????
    yup...please read post 2# you don't need to unmount anything if you're using the new versiion.
    Pls reply

sent from the best fastest smoothest rom for sgy
    I already answered your question in another thread...twice.