[APP][2.1+][NO ROOT] Screenshot Ultimate - Contains all possible screenshot methods!

Search This thread

Themuzz

Nov 24, 2007
Screenshot Ultimate is the most complete screen capture app available for Android. We have implemented 16 different methods for taking screenshots (with and without root) and all the functionality you can think of!

Now supports tablets fully!

If you can't take a screenshot with Screenshot Ultimate you can't with any other screenshot app!

Since there are way to many features only a few have been mentioned below.

Features:
- Free!!
- Full tablet support!
- Edit taken screenshot: draw, add text, crop, add information (android version, wifi ip, date/time, etc), rotate, mirror, switch colors, overlay image, use your own editor
- Share taken screenshot: Use your custom app for sharing (Email, Picasa, Memo, etc), or upload to Imgur, Glowfoto, ImageShack, POST to server, TwitPic, Tumblr
- View all taken screenshots and select multiple for sending, create zip, edit and more!
- Automatically apply "Screenshot Adjustments" to every taken screenshot (switch colors, rotate, mirror, add text, crop, overlay image)
- Multiple capture methods (over 9) with an auto detect option
- Set default save folder, filename and image format (PNG / JPEG)
- Password protect the app
- Set optional custom shutter sound
- Trigger media scan after screenshot
- Effects: sepia, black and white, gray scale, etc
- Auto rotate screenshots
- View / Send log

Trigger methods:
- Overlay icon which is visible on top of all screens (icon, button or custom icon)
- Shake
- Service icon click
- Audio
- Power connect/disconnect
- Folder listener
- Webserver
- Camera hardware button
- Long click search hardware button
- Custom shortcut
- Widget button
- Button inside the app
- Intent (Tasker support)
- Interval
- Cronjob
- Light sensor
- Proximity sensor

For every trigger separately you can set: what to do after the taking, vibrate, sound, toast, timeout, show countdown and more!

FAQ

No Capture Method is available for my device!
This is normal if your device isn't rooted. It's the way how the Android security model works, it just doesn't allow taking a screenshot. However, you can enable screenshot functionality on your device by enabling it through a computer (this is a small flaw in Android which can be used for this). It's really simple, you will need to download a file on your computer, connect your device and run the file to enable screenshot functionality. To see how you can do this go to Screenshot Ultimate > Settings > Capture methods > No capture method help. You can email the manual to yourself so you can complete it on your computer (Windows, Linux or OSX).

I don't understand how to...
Just post your question (or comment) here and I'll try to respond asap (or someone else will).

Feedback
All feedback is welcome, so please let me know what you think of the app! Since the app is released on Play you can, if you want, post about it wherever you like!

- Let me know what device and Android version you use and what capture methods are available on your device.
- People with a camera hardware button and/or a search hardware button, could you please try the trigger methods for these buttons and let me know whether it works ok?

Download
You can download the free version from below:
Screenshot Ultimate

Or download the paid version which has no ads (and popups), supports us with development, and extra allows to upload to Glowfoto, ImageShack, TwitPic and/or Tumblr:
Screenshot Ultimate Pro

Attachments

• 2012_10_20_14.54.30.png
    2012_10_20_14.54.30.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 5,349
  • 2012_10_20_14.51.53.png
    2012_10_20_14.51.53.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 4,614
  • 2012_10_20_14.43.28.png
    2012_10_20_14.43.28.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 4,811
  • 2012_10_20_14.50.30.png
    2012_10_20_14.50.30.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 3,604
  • 2012_10_20_14.44.50.png
    2012_10_20_14.44.50.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 3,528
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 3,115
  • big.png
    big.png
    114 KB · Views: 3,098
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 2,982
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 1,085
Last edited:
S

shadowch31

Just downloading now, will report back shortly. Also thanks for sharing.

Edit:
Installed and first run let it find capture methods.
No root 2
No root 3
Root 2
Root 3
Root 4
Root 7
Root 8
No adjustments needed.
Unfortunately no method worked all pictures were distorted. Ran Screenshot UX Trail to test and worked great.
All info in sig is correct and upto date.

Last edited:

Themuzz

Nov 24, 2007
Just downloading now, will report back shortly. Also thanks for sharing.

Edit:
Installed and first run let it find capture methods.
No root 2
No root 3
Root 2
Root 3
Root 4
Root 7
Root 8
No adjustments needed.
Unfortunately no method worked all pictures were distorted. Ran Screenshot UX Trail to test and worked great.
All info in sig is correct and upto date.
That's weird, what device do you have? And what Android version?
And could you maybe post the distorted screenshot? And did you have root?
If you had root some screenshot method should work.

Other people who tried have a different experience?

Themuzz

Nov 24, 2007
That's weird, what device do you have? And what Android version?
And could you maybe post the distorted screenshot? And did you have root?
If you had root some screenshot method should work.

Other people who tried have a different experience?
My apologies, I just saw you meant your signature is up to date.But could you maybe send the distorted screenshots? If you run the test you can go to /mnt/sdcard/screenshotultimate/auto/ where the test screenshots per method are located.

And shadowch31, could you try whether this app also gives distorted screenshots?
com.androidscreenshotapptool.free

Did anyone else have the distorted screenshots? Because I can't reproduce it on my devices.

tuananh1589

Sep 18, 2009
No more people who use it and have feedback? I would really appreciate it :)

Just tested your app on my rooted N7000 running ICS 4.0.4. I tried 5 trigger methods: overlay icon, shake, service icon click, audio, power connects and everything works fine :p, but it always captures Superuser notification so I have to disable notification in Superuser.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,528

Themuzz

Nov 24, 2007
Just tested your app on my rooted N7000 running ICS 4.0.4. I tried 5 trigger methods: overlay icon, shake, service icon click, audio, power connects and everything works fine :p, but it always captures Superuser notification so I have to disable notification in Superuser.
You can solve that in two ways.
- As you mention yourself, disable superuser notification
- OR, you can change the capture method. First, you can run the auto detect method for detecting the available capture methods and see which ones have the superuser notification on top.
But if you take one screenshot with "Root 3" after that you can pick "No Root 3" and no superuser is required. Root 3 start a small temporary service running with root permissions which can take screenshots.
Let me know whether that works.

Did other people try it as well? Feedback is really welcome!

thesparky007

Oct 15, 2008
Thanks, I would appreciate it if you could post here what you think of it.

Also, since the app has just been released on Play I would really appreciate it if everyone could post a review on Play, we really need some reviews :) Thanks!

just bought the pro version and tried it out, i like that it has several methods to capture but I wish it was more intuitive to use...

also price is a bit high for a screen shot app

BitGeeker

Nov 25, 2011
Testing now... So far so good... Bionic running ics cyanogen mod

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

atuladhikari

Dec 20, 2010
Ahmedabad
"Temporary promotion!
Everyone who replies to this thread before 2012-10-29 can buy Screenshot Ultimate Pro and afterwards PM me and I will refund the payment, so you will get the paid app for free!"

Marketing gimmik?
Downloading the free version. 4$ seems to much for just taking screenshots...
Will give a review in the evening...

thesparky007

Oct 15, 2008
the more i use it the more confused i am getting... gui is very confusing and i dont understand what happens when a screenshot is taken...

Themuzz

Nov 24, 2007
Testing now... So far so good... Bionic running ics cyanogen mod

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
Great to hear it works ok. Could you let me now what capture methods are available? And maybe post some screenshots.

"Temporary promotion!
Everyone who replies to this thread before 2012-10-29 can buy Screenshot Ultimate Pro and afterwards PM me and I will refund the payment, so you will get the paid app for free!"

Marketing gimmik?
Downloading the free version. 4$ seems to much for just taking screenshots...
Will give a review in the evening...
The reason I decided on doing this small promotion is to get some more feedback :) So if you want you can buy the pro version and get the full price refunded to your account.
About the app though, does it work on your phone? And what do you think of it? I'm looking forward to reading your review :)

the more i use it the more confused i am getting... gui is very confusing and i dont understand what happens when a screenshot is taken...
Well, that should not happen, I thought the app was designed to be used intuitive. Could you explain a bit more on what you are confused about?
Here some explanations:
- When you take a screenshot it will get saved default to /mnt/sdcard/screenshotultimate/ (can be changed on settings page) and a window will show where you can edit, share or preview the taken screenshot.
- When you open the app you can press the menu button on the start screen (or go to settings > trigger methods) to enable/disable trigger methods. A trigger method will give you the possibility to take a screenshot on different triggers.
Let me know what's unclear so I can try to help you or maybe make the app easier to use (that's what feedback is for).

So does anyone else use the app or has an opinion on it? The more feedback I get the easier I can make the app :) Thanks!

CRIME INC.

Jan 18, 2011
HENDERSONVILLE
Just downloaded for my wife's unrooted phone, will test out and post feedback

When my kids ask me,"Dad, what does this word mean?" I say bring me a dictionary.......then I smack them with it, and tell them to Google that sh¡t!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot Ultimate is the most complete screen capture app available for Android. We have implemented 16 different methods for taking screenshots (with and without root) and all the functionality you can think of!

Now supports tablets fully!

If you can't take a screenshot with Screenshot Ultimate you can't with any other screenshot app!

Since there are way to many features only a few have been mentioned below.

Features:
    - Free!!
    - Full tablet support!
    - Edit taken screenshot: draw, add text, crop, add information (android version, wifi ip, date/time, etc), rotate, mirror, switch colors, overlay image, use your own editor
    - Share taken screenshot: Use your custom app for sharing (Email, Picasa, Memo, etc), or upload to Imgur, Glowfoto, ImageShack, POST to server, TwitPic, Tumblr
    - View all taken screenshots and select multiple for sending, create zip, edit and more!
    - Automatically apply "Screenshot Adjustments" to every taken screenshot (switch colors, rotate, mirror, add text, crop, overlay image)
    - Multiple capture methods (over 9) with an auto detect option
    - Set default save folder, filename and image format (PNG / JPEG)
    - Password protect the app
    - Set optional custom shutter sound
    - Trigger media scan after screenshot
    - Effects: sepia, black and white, gray scale, etc
    - Auto rotate screenshots
    - View / Send log

Trigger methods:
    - Overlay icon which is visible on top of all screens (icon, button or custom icon)
    - Shake
    - Service icon click
    - Audio
    - Power connect/disconnect
    - Folder listener
    - Webserver
    - Camera hardware button
    - Long click search hardware button
    - Custom shortcut
    - Widget button
    - Button inside the app
    - Intent (Tasker support)
    - Interval
    - Cronjob
    - Light sensor
    - Proximity sensor

For every trigger separately you can set: what to do after the taking, vibrate, sound, toast, timeout, show countdown and more!

FAQ

No Capture Method is available for my device!
    This is normal if your device isn't rooted. It's the way how the Android security model works, it just doesn't allow taking a screenshot. However, you can enable screenshot functionality on your device by enabling it through a computer (this is a small flaw in Android which can be used for this). It's really simple, you will need to download a file on your computer, connect your device and run the file to enable screenshot functionality. To see how you can do this go to Screenshot Ultimate > Settings > Capture methods > No capture method help. You can email the manual to yourself so you can complete it on your computer (Windows, Linux or OSX).

I don't understand how to...
    Just post your question (or comment) here and I'll try to respond asap (or someone else will).

Feedback
    All feedback is welcome, so please let me know what you think of the app! Since the app is released on Play you can, if you want, post about it wherever you like!

- Let me know what device and Android version you use and what capture methods are available on your device.
    - People with a camera hardware button and/or a search hardware button, could you please try the trigger methods for these buttons and let me know whether it works ok?

Download
    You can download the free version from below:
    Screenshot Ultimate

Or download the paid version which has no ads (and popups), supports us with development, and extra allows to upload to Glowfoto, ImageShack, TwitPic and/or Tumblr:
    Screenshot Ultimate Pro
    I just updated Screenshot Ultimate to v 2.3.1, some little bug fixes including a better description on what to do when you have no root and no available capture method.

We also updated the files you can use to enable screenshot functionality using your computer.

Give the app a try and let me know what you think of it!
    Hey guys Ill send some your way.
    @Themuzz sorry i am not able to join the group & perform beta test.but i would like to request that make an option to resize the floating icon,it looks a bit bigger in my small device samsung galaxy y duos.hope to have a wonderful app just even greater! :good:
    @killoid That's fine, I really appreciate you took the time to reply :) About the request, that's a bit hard to implement since we are using the icon drawable and otherwise have to load it as a bitmap and add a resize setting. However, when it's loaded as bitmap and resized that will give some problems on some older devices. We'll look into it but I can't promise anything.
    In the mean time, are you maybe able to use the service icon trigger method? If not, could you elaborate a bit on why?

About the beta, I myself don't have any experience with the new Play beta testing so if someone could verify whether he/she was able to install the beta through Play that would be great. Thanks! :D