ATT HTC One can flash International HTC One firmware

Search This thread

papi92

Nov 15, 2009
Hey I just wanted to make a list of things I have confirmed to be interchangeable between the ATT HTC One and International HTC One. I have yet to test bootloader.

1. System
2. Boot.img
3. Recovery.
4. Radio

Also all of these can be flashed in recovery if you are unlocked with a custom recovery

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

papi92

Nov 15, 2009
Screenshots
ajaja6ev.jpg
da9ega6a.jpg

buddy17

Aug 9, 2010
Which is why this separate forum isn't really needed

i agree completely....XDA is so bloated already with the amount of devices, we REALLY need to combine these two, sooner than later.

To be honest, i will most likely only be following the international thread if we do keep them separate. The development over there is exploding....i usually did the same with my Inspire 4G and the Desire HD forums....

papi92

Nov 15, 2009
Ya I follow them. Hell they will get 4.2.2 first.

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield
i agree completely....XDA is so bloated already with the amount of devices, we REALLY need to combine these two, sooner than later.

To be honest, i will most likely only be following the international thread if we do keep them separate. The development over there is exploding....i usually did the same with my Inspire 4G and the Desire HD forums....

same i spend most of my time there

aimetti

Nov 23, 2011
wait ,

you were able to flash the firmware.zip for 1.29.401.12

????

Edit nm , removed link also , so people dont download and install it.

I saw your post on the radio firmware and see that you installed it from that. Works great too.

Last edited:

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
Hey I just wanted to make a list of things I have confirmed to be interchangeable between the ATT HTC One and International HTC One. I have yet to test bootloader.

1. System
2. Boot.img
3. Recovery.
4. Radio

Also all of these can be flashed in recovery if you are unlocked with a custom recovery

What files are the "system" you are talking about ? I thought we still needed correct CID to flash the firmware package updates? I'm talking about the firmware updates like Mike1986 posted..http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2182823 This would be an entire firmware update.. at least all the important stuff. I assume we can flash it all now?
attachment.php

As far as radios...for ATT guys and gals if you are on Build 1.26.502.10 Then you already have the same radio. Radio 4A.14.3250.13_10.33.1150.01L
If you are on Build 1.26.502.6 Then you have the older radio. Radio 4A.13.3231.20_10.30.1131.05L and you may benefit from updating.
My phone shipped from ATT with the latest firmware. So the point is Check your radio version before flashing.. You might not need it.

Attachments

• firmware.jpg
    firmware.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2,831
Reactions: DiggerG

Smoothface

Oct 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Is there any other reading on this topic?

Or is it as simple as just treating the AT&T version like the international and just flashing whatever kernels/recoveries/roms we please?

If there is no blood offering needed, the AT&T version gains much more dev support and makes it much more attractive...

Sorry if I took any info wrongly, but it almost seems to good to be true in my mind.

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com

Or is it as simple as just treating the AT&T version like the international and just flashing whatever kernels/recoveries/roms we please?

If there is no blood offering needed, the AT&T version gains much more dev support and makes it much more attractive...

Sorry if I took any info wrongly, but it almost seems to good to be true in my mind.

So far everything is working great on the ATT phones. No telling what future firmware will hold but so far we are good to go.

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011

They're the same internal development codename. TMOUS, EMEA LTE, and ATT USA are all M7_UL in the bootloader, as far as HTC is concerned, they're the same phones with different radio bands enabled and disabled.

nasvi

Oct 17, 2012
Has anyone else noticed that a reboot brings back all uninstalled bloatware back...? And also any change in system (like using AdFree for changing host files are reverted back.

Any input?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

papi92

Nov 15, 2009
We can't write to system while booted without a custom kernel

nasvi

Oct 17, 2012
What is different from HTC One and One X, One X had no problem with this.

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Has anyone else noticed that a reboot brings back all uninstalled bloatware back...? And also any change in system (like using AdFree for changing host files are reverted back.

Any input?

We can't write to system while booted without a custom kernel

This ^ Any changes made to /system/ while booted will be reverted upon reboot. For anything to stick it needs to be added/removed via recovery (while not booted). Or (if still on the stock kernel, as I assume most custom kernel's already do this), you can do this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2230341

Doesn't the TWRP Recovery take care of that with the HTC Dumlock?

From what I understand TWRP's Dumlock is for flashing kernel's through recovery. Previous HTC Bootloaders on other devices would not allow flashing to the boot partition through recovery, so fastboot flashing boot.img was necessary unless you were s-off. Dumlock circumvented this. From what I've read, Dumlock is not necessary on our devices, as our current bootloader does not block the flashing of the boot partition from recovery (as long as your dev/chef includes the necessary scripting for the kernel/boot.img to be flashed during the ROM install). Keep in mind that any OTA could carry a new bootloader that will break this, so tread cautiously..

Last edited:

Wasuhz

Mar 20, 2013
I cannot find it

I cannot find it...does anyone know where i can find the factory rom for AT&T i didn't do a backup and need to return the phone..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. System
    2. Boot.img
    3. Recovery.
    4. Radio

What files are the "system" you are talking about ? I thought we still needed correct CID to flash the firmware package updates? I'm talking about the firmware updates like Mike1986 posted..http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2182823 This would be an entire firmware update.. at least all the important stuff. I assume we can flash it all now?
    attachment.php

As far as radios...for ATT guys and gals if you are on Build 1.26.502.10 Then you already have the same radio. Radio 4A.14.3250.13_10.33.1150.01L
    If you are on Build 1.26.502.6 Then you have the older radio. Radio 4A.13.3231.20_10.30.1131.05L and you may benefit from updating.
    My phone shipped from ATT with the latest firmware. So the point is Check your radio version before flashing.. You might not need it.
    Pretty much yes. Developers over there will let you know if their work will be ok to flash on your phone.
    Too actually clarify you can get ota updates made for the international htc one. I do not have mine anymore but I was able to put the stock the complete stock firmware on it and get an ota. All you have to have is the correct boot system radios and recovery.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2