[SOLVED] Need to root Blu Dash 3.5 D161a (Android 4.2.2)

Search This thread

gringoben

Jan 30, 2007
So I'm finding a number of projects on hold as I need to root my phone to proceed.

I've found threads about rooting the Blu Dash 3.5 but they all refer to the D170 which is an older phone (dual sim version of the D160) but nothing mentioning the D161 or D171 varieties.

My phone is running Jelly Bean 4.2.2

I keep reading that I'll need a restore image for my phone but can't find one and it seems to extract my own I first need to have rooted the phone which seems to create a bit of a catch 22.

I could root using an image for the D170 but I suspect I'd been opening up a whole can of worms an weeks of pain.

Does anyone have a D161a rooted and able to tell me how or send me a image?

I've got ADB running and seeing my device. I can boot into fastboot mode.

Last edited:

shooteruk88

Apr 28, 2014
leeds
noob

Hi I'm new on here but like to help I've done some searching and have found a software to root your device withough unlocking boot loader I can't give you the link bye this poast but I might be able to give it you in pm if that's OK the program is Download Sigma Software v1.35.03 cheak it out and the sight is sigmakey/en/Sigma-News/Sigma-Software-v1.35.03.html thanks hope it helps :eek:

gringoben

Jan 30, 2007
D161a root and custom recovery

Hi I'm new on here but like to help I've done some searching and have found a software to root your device withough unlocking boot loader I can't give you the link bye this poast but I might be able to give it you in pm if that's OK the program is Download Sigma Software v1.35.03 cheak it out and the sight is sigmakey/en/Sigma-News/Sigma-Software-v1.35.03.html thanks hope it helps :eek:

Sigmakey software works with and requires a special hardware device and is used to do carrier unlock on phones. That's not what I need.

Reactions: shooteruk88

gringoben

Jan 30, 2007
Rooted using Kingo Android Root

Does anyone have a D161a rooted

Got my Blu Dash 3.5 D161a rooted using Kingo Android Root (v1.2.2 i think) download via cnet from link from Kingoapp.com website,

It took quite a while but was a painless one-click solution.

Now I am rooted I'll see if I can upload the stock system and recovery images somewhere (suggestions welcome).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D161a root and custom recovery

Sigmakey software works with and requires a special hardware device and is used to do carrier unlock on phones. That's not what I need.