GG on LGG2 Works- sorta..?

Search This thread

thecadman99

May 14, 2014
Running 4.4.2 on a rooted LGG2. After reading on the forums, I have my (completely stock) GG connecting to my G2 and it seems to work, BUT I don't get any notifications, music player doesn't work... facebook app doesn't seem to work and I get an error saying
"Samsung apps not installed"

My path so far has been to install an older version of watchmanager 1.6.132701, along with the apps.
The watch connected after that.
I then installed the updated watch manager 1.7.031004

My watch then updated itself, and rebooted twice.

I have since installed several apps (ebay and facebook) from the forum, but they don't seem to communicate with the watch properly.

So my next step is installing a custom ROM on the watch?
Will bluetooth conversations on the watch ever work?
If I could get ebay, mail, and text notifications working I'd probably be satisfied.
Thanks for any help!

forshaw

Feb 4, 2012
Running 4.4.2 on a rooted LGG2. After reading on the forums, I have my (completely stock) GG connecting to my G2 and it seems to work, BUT I don't get any notifications, music player doesn't work... facebook app doesn't seem to work and I get an error saying
"Samsung apps not installed"

My path so far has been to install an older version of watchmanager 1.6.132701, along with the apps.
The watch connected after that.
I then installed the updated watch manager 1.7.031004

My watch then updated itself, and rebooted twice.

I have since installed several apps (ebay and facebook) from the forum, but they don't seem to communicate with the watch properly.

So my next step is installing a custom ROM on the watch?
Will bluetooth conversations on the watch ever work?
If I could get ebay, mail, and text notifications working I'd probably be satisfied.
Thanks for any help!

null rom is about the only one available atm

nullproject.net

thecadman99

May 14, 2014
null rom has Bluetooth tethering profile which will allow apps on watch to connect to internet
check the themes and apps section for notification options
check other device threads in gear forum to see how they achieved best setup

Thanks for the replies guys.

So if I install the null rom, will I be able to use the bluetooth audio function of the watch to make and receive calls?