Root achieved on CAT B15Q !!!

Search This thread

batisas

Nov 20, 2007
Rooted but not quite...

I have installed this APK. And it went normally and installed King User.
This app works ok for me, but it does not get ROOT permissions to to the other apps. But it shows that everything is ok.
Does anyone get to achieve root permissions and can use it with the apps that needs it?

And how to uninstall this King User, because it needs root permissions to do that which i don't have :)

batisas

Nov 20, 2007
What do you mean by rooted?
Does it mean you just installed this app and thats it, or does Root Checker shows that it is rooted?

cityshark_cz

Mar 28, 2011
Not a clue... Silly question, but... Did you rebooted after install? Try install again maybe... How to uninstall no clue, maybe hard reset...

Sent from my B15Q using Tapatalk

batisas

Nov 20, 2007
Yap, I did all that, nothing worked.
It needs root permission in order to get rid of that king user app.
Wel... i would greatly appreciate root permission, but I cannot find any good manual of how to root that smartphone.

htron

Jul 24, 2014
Dunno, I got rooted.

Sent from my B15Q using Tapatalk

Hello cityshark_cz,
first many thanks for your usefull informations.

Short question before i try: Are the 3 yello buttons are still working
after the rooting as normal? Especially the middle button:
Long hold switches Cam-LED on / off and double push switches
to camera-mode?

Greetings,
htron

AZZA751

Aug 29, 2014
NO LUCK

im new to android and rooting i tried the install but after 100% i just got an android crying face so i take it something went wrong but i dont know what because its all in chinese any clues?

AZZA751

Aug 29, 2014
sorted

im new to android and rooting i tried the install but after 100% i just got an android crying face so i take it something went wrong but i dont know what because its all in chinese any clues?

never mind got it rooted after a reboot any ideas on custom roms? wanting to save apps to sd card as 4gb aint cutting it and incrase music volume through headphones as its stupidly quiet

Brcinskij

Sep 2, 2014
Hi all,

any ideas how to install cyanogen mod ROM?

or how to swap storage, cause max 1,9 GB of free internal storage space is fcking low...

moving files to SD is just a little solution, cause it wont let you to install larger apps than max amount of your free internal space..

I cant figure it out, I am totally sick of it, cause device is not supported by Odin, clockwork, and others to make it work.

Thanks

Last edited:

shad0wrun

Sep 6, 2014
apps to sd on kitkat

Achieving root is one thing. I then applied a patch to allow app to external sd on kitkat and it worked as well but it's still a no go. i don't understand why selling a 4gb phone with kitkat knowing perfectly that google removed the possibility to write apps to sd. or i'm missing something there ?

Brcinskij

Sep 2, 2014
Achieving root is one thing. I then applied a patch to allow app to external sd on kitkat and it worked as well but it's still a no go. i don't understand why selling a 4gb phone with kitkat knowing perfectly that google removed the possibility to write apps to sd. or i'm missing something there ?

You are right man, I dont understand it too, I have a nexus 7 tablet with internal storage only, and I never wonder about problem like this. It is totally insane to sell phone like this without ability to install apps directly to sd.

I wrote to cat few days ago about this bad experience and they sent me this answer (They are kidding me or what???):

Thank you for contacting CAT Phone support, we are currently receiving a high volume of emails so please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and for any delay in getting back to you.

Further support options can be found at the following Web site.

www catphones com/en-gb/support aspx

CAT Phone Support Team

It is really bad for us, owners of this phone, cause root is really fine, yes, but we are not able to install custom Roms, until someone figure it out.

I will be very happy to have Cyanogenmod on it and then have possibility to swap storages, but we need someone who can do it (porting to this device, I guess)

Maybe in few months someone will fix it, either from cat or some code expert(maybe you know somebody).

There is one good message I have for you, I use Sygic navigation and under Root explorer (maybe it is not necessarily), I have moved Sygic folder to Sdcard1 (Sdcard0 is emulated internal storage, Sdcard1 is real SD), and it is working without any issues. The truth is that in this folder are not all app data, and that is propably the reason why it is working, but there are maps, and when you want to download more maps, they will download directly to this folder on Sdcard1. I am very happy about it, cause I was afraid that it is not possible too. I can use navigation without issues with more than 4GB of maps on Sdcard1.

(Sorry for my english)

Last edited:

shad0wrun

Sep 6, 2014
rom and coca cola

You are right man, I dont understand it too, I have a nexus 7 tablet with internal storage only, and I never wonder about problem like this. It is totally insane to sell phone like this without ability to install apps directly to sd.

I wrote to cat few days ago about this bad experience and they sent me this answer (They are kidding me or what???):

Thank you for contacting CAT Phone support, we are currently receiving a high volume of emails so please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and for any delay in getting back to you.

Further support options can be found at the following Web site.

www catphones com/en-gb/support aspx

CAT Phone Support Team

It is really bad for us, owners of this phone, cause root is really fine, yes, but we are not able to install custom Roms, until someone figure it out.

I will be very happy to have Cyanogenmod on it and then have possibility to swap storages, but we need someone who can do it (porting to this device, I guess)

Maybe in few months someone will fix it, either from cat or some code expert(maybe you know somebody).

There is one good message I have for you, I use Sygic navigation and under Root explorer (maybe it is not necessarily), I have moved Sygic folder to Sdcard1 (Sdcard0 is emulated internal storage, Sdcard1 is real SD), and it is working without any issues. The truth is that in this folder are not all app data, and that is propably the reason why it is working, but there are maps, and when you want to download more maps, they will download directly to this folder on Sdcard1. I am very happy about it, cause I was afraid that it is not possible too. I can use navigation without issues with more than 4GB of maps on Sdcard1.

(Sorry for my english)

thanks ! at least pictures and movies can be stored on sd card root or not (when you put default storage disk to sd1 external in the settings. for the rest i will write as well to support. they will need to modify their rom. cheers.

Brcinskij

Sep 2, 2014
thanks ! at least pictures and movies can be stored on sd card root or not (when you put default storage disk to sd1 external in the settings. for the rest i will write as well to support. they will need to modify their rom. cheers.

Thanks also, I really like this phone for its design, cause it is not so bulky as other resistant phones on the market. What bothers me, that Kyocera has now new model Brigadier, with sapphire glass, 16GB internal storage and more, but I dont like the design... It would be really nice if this cat has these specs... :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root finally achieved on CAT B15Q.

I tried all the simple methods, none worked.

I used PDAnet USB drivers.

To achieve root, I made a recovery using the CWM method with SP Flash Tool V5.1408.00 following this guide
    chinaphonearena.com/forum/Thread-Tutorial-Ultimate-no-root-backup-CWM-MT6582-MT6592-MT6589-MT6589T-MT6577-MT6595

Recovery was patched using MTK Droid tools. However, SP Flash Tool V5 would not flash the phone with the patched Recovery and Boot files, so for that I used SP Flash Tool V3.1332.0sn187. Then root using MTK Droid tools - Superuser (SuperSU failed). Also useful was this guide
    chinaphonearena.com/forum/Thread-Tutorial-How-to-build-CWM-and-root-Bedove-X21-MTK6577-and-other-MTK-phones

Note: When plugging phone in for flashing (this is done with the phone OFF), put battery in, plug cable into phone, hold volume down button when you plug the USB cable into the computer.

Checking with a root checker, it told me I did not have full root access, even though Superuser appeared to be working, I only had temporary root.

I then used Root Genius, which finally achieved full root.

A bit of messing around, but worth it.
    Hey people, since cyanogenmod.org is down, i annouce my latest release of cm 13.0 here. It's the first upload on github itself, so you will find it here:
    https://github.com/hersche/android/releases/tag/cm-13.0

Mateuszol: i've tried to document the stuff as good as possible here: https://github.com/hersche/android/wiki

i assume you have to learn something more about sp-flashtool, but i'm not shure where it hangs on your side.

i whish you good luck and a good new year :)
    hey people, i'm sorry for answering that late..

i invest my time atm really in other stuff and get me a blackview bv6000, rooted proper tonight, but with stock (wanna say: don't do dev there).

because of it's still in use, i've compiled another version - i'm really not shure if it solves any problem, but have a look at the commits told me, some zip-related stuff is fixed. also there are 3 "r-versions"/revisions increased from google itself which may also fix some stuff..?

i hope that helps, but with android 6 you may have to live with such workarounds like adb and/or moving the apk's directly to /data/apps..

the new rom is here: https://github.com/hersche/android/releases/tag/0.0.2

because it looks missing in discussion, i did some doc's there: https://github.com/hersche/android/wiki

also possible, that ported roms, which are older, works better on some points, but i don't will test this - hope there is a good solution for the users. if someone want to continue with the development, i will give answers where i can :)

good luck with the apks!
    Root apk to download

Sorry guys I posted wrong url.

correct is: http://203.205.136.145/dl.shuame.co...obile.apk?mkey=53eb98d2161940bb&f=178a&p=.apk

Let me know if this works for you as it worked for me :)
    Yes, a detailed tutorial how to successful rooting a Cat B15Q would be greatly appreciated.
    I've tried with towelroot, but app says phone is not compatible.
    Newest chinese version from RootGenius is 1.9.6, but international version is only 1.8.7 from
    march 2014. Has anybody tried successfully with one of the versions?

Greetings,
    htron