GB OTA manual update.zip-leaked!

Search This thread

hoppermi

Feb 7, 2011
Thanks to spjetrovic we have the update.zip for the GB update for your use now

http://www.multiupload.com/HAG3RFTBY6

1. Follow imnuts instructions for preparing for OTA found here http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10202-how-to-prepare-for-the-gb-ota/
2. place file on root of SD card and rename to update.zip
3. boot to stock recovery and select apply update.zip from sd card

It takes a while to complete, so be patient. Make sure you have plenty of battery.

ps. No one is responsible for what you do to your phone except you. This has been tested by at least a dozen people in IRC and works flawlessly when you follow the directions.

pss. this build is 4 days newer than "EP4P" regardless of what the numbering scheme may be.

Last edited:

GrainOsand

Jan 5, 2011
This belongs in the dev section, also what is included? ROM, KERNEL, RADIO?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

hoppermi

Feb 7, 2011
GOS,

It is the OTA update that will roll out later next week. It contains all the changes from EE4 to EP4 rom/kernel/recovery/ect.. It is just changes, by no way a stand-alone flash.

And I didn't post in Development, because I didn't develop it. It can be moved if the mods think it belongs there.

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
Here are my instructions for getting all this to work:

BEFORE YOU ODIN BACK TO EE4, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SU FLASHABLE ZIP, THE OTA UPDATE AND IMOSEYON'S KERNEL ON YOUR SDCARD!

Make sure the update file is renamed to "update" and that it's on the root of your sdcard. (not in any folders or anything)

Odin back to EE4. Reboot normally.

Turn the phone off, then reboot into Stock Recovery and run the update.

Once the update finishes and the phone boots regularly. Reboot into Download Mode and plug the phone into the computer.

Start Odin, Uncheck "Auto Reboot", select PDA, NOT PHONE!

Click on the PDA tab and find your recovery file then click "start."

Once it is done and you see the word "PASS" on Odin, unplug the usb cable and press down all three buttons to boot into recovery (volume up, home, power)

Once in recovery, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, mount /system and flash the SU flashable zip.

Go back and wipe cache and dalvik again, mount /system again and flash the kernel.

After that, your recovery will stick and you're good to go. You are now rooted and running on EP4D.

Last edited:

billygoat555

Jan 4, 2010
Sorry for the dumb question but after searching, I can't find the answer; how do I access the stock recovery?

WildH

Mar 23, 2011
If I flashed the unrooted, ep4p leak from last month, will I have to flash back to ee4 to install or recieve the official new update?

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
If I flashed the unrooted, ep4p leak from last month, will I have to flash back to ee4 to install or recieve the official new update?

You will only get this OTA or be able to use this update if you are on stock, unrooted EE4. You can't get there from any other point.

You can also wait a bit (probably less than a week) and someone will publish full Odins of EP4D. I'm personally not leaving EP4P until we have a deodexed version of EP4D and some themes.

Reactions: SOTK

WildH

Mar 23, 2011
Ah hell..that is a pain in the ass. I'll wait to see if they fixed the crackling on incoming calls before I go through the hassel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to spjetrovic we have the update.zip for the GB update for your use now

http://www.multiupload.com/HAG3RFTBY6

1. Follow imnuts instructions for preparing for OTA found here http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10202-how-to-prepare-for-the-gb-ota/
    2. place file on root of SD card and rename to update.zip
    3. boot to stock recovery and select apply update.zip from sd card

It takes a while to complete, so be patient. Make sure you have plenty of battery.

ps. No one is responsible for what you do to your phone except you. This has been tested by at least a dozen people in IRC and works flawlessly when you follow the directions.

pss. this build is 4 days newer than "EP4P" regardless of what the numbering scheme may be.
    How do you flash Imo's kernel if my recovery doesn't stick, and can't get into recovery?

you can't let the phone boot after you flash CWM. unselect auto-reboot and then boot straight to recovery after flash

You will only get this OTA or be able to use this update if you are on stock, unrooted EE4. You can't get there from any other point.

You can also wait a bit (probably less than a week) and someone will publish full Odins of EP4D. I'm personally not leaving EP4P until we have a deodexed version of EP4D and some themes.
    Otherwise, as poopy as ever.

"He called the **** poop!" - Billy Madison

Well, like I said, ymmv.

But when I odin'd a full EE4 unto the phone it goes through the Samsung logo, then a format cycle, then the Samsung logo then android boot. I think it needed to go through that format cycle because it did not work the first time and it appears to be working this time (albeit very slowly). I'm using the same update.zip file on the sdcard.

When installing the leaked OTA. My method is the absolute only way it will work until someone makes a flashable zip. I know this because i spent 6 hours trying every way possible to do it. Even using the "update from sdcard" option in CWR does not work.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk