[Q] Super SLOW T-Mobile 4g Speeds

Search This thread

MamaGlue

Mar 2, 2011
Texas
getting extremely slow dl speeds (about 10-100kbps) very high ping (in the 1000s)
terrible upload
never went over the data limit i have the 2gb plan and i barley use 400mb a month
checked the coverage map and its covered in dark green (excellent coverage)
have full signal bars. (not anymore:/)
called tmobile up and asked them whats the deal they said they will fill out a report for my area. that was about it.
flashed latest gingerbread radio still same crap speeds.
running zips creamed glacier 4.03 w/o any kernel tweaks
anyone else experiencing this shizzle?

forgot to mention my sisters sensation 4g is also getting terrible speeds too (about the same as mine) and other sisters iphone 4s
but only because its unlocked and on tmobiles edge

Last edited:

paulvp

Mar 28, 2011
Minneapolis
Had the same issue after flashing a different Rom (don't remember which one, sorry) however recently flashed IceColdInsomnia and my 4g speeds seem to be back to normal.

MamaGlue

Mar 2, 2011
Texas
Had the same issue after flashing a different Rom (don't remember which one, sorry) however recently flashed IceColdInsomnia and my 4g speeds seem to be back to normal.

hm alright well zipsnet said he would be updating the ROM tonight or tomorrow i think ill just wait till then and see if my speeds will be back to normal.
if not i might flash icecoldinsomnia lol kinda dont want to change from creamed glacier

Root-Maniac

Jan 10, 2012
SO. Cali.
hm alright well zipsnet said he would be updating the ROM tonight or tomorrow i think ill just wait till then and see if my speeds will be back to normal.
if not i might flash icecoldinsomnia lol kinda dont want to change from creamed glacier

This is what I get at my house...
d0362794-6588-31eb.jpg

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
my speeds are still good but they are slower slightly. I wonder if Tmo is getting congested with the new monthly 4G plan

Sent from my HTC MyTouch 4G using XDA

mikef

Retired Senior Moderator
There are a couple of things you can try for slow data speeds. A different radio/RIL pair may help, and you might also try the rcdata.img fix for TMO. First post in the Sensation radio/RIL thread has more info. I do not know if it is compatible with the MyTouch, we just figured it out for the Sensation. It is flashed through bootloader with a PG58IMG.zip file that contains a file named rcdata.img. There are two different versions, then you match a build.prop setting to it.

Last edited:

ChrisMonsterr

Jul 10, 2011
My speeds were around 4mbps when I first got '4G' but now I don't even get 1mbps. I think its stupid to be paying for something you dont get.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA

Panero718

Dec 18, 2012
I'm getting an average of 900-1100 ping , 0.22 mbps Download and 1.21 Mbps upload. Currently in the Bronx NY by Westchester.