[Q] Safe bloat ware/apks to uninstall?

Search This thread

mr_b_alex

Feb 15, 2014
Greetings member, hope your all well...

Just downloaded the stock firemware again on the phone. Running good, and good to see my internal sd and RAM not full yet. Spent a while trying to find accurate info'/links on apks/system app/bloats etc that can be safety removed.... No such luck yet.

If any one has link/info' on safe apks/system app/bloats to remove it would be nice to know, and delete them soon..

Found this page, it's not very detailed and I reckon I would need some of the apks listed http://www.droidviews.com/list-of-b...ng-galaxy-devices-that-can-be-safely-removed/

I downloaded nobloat free yesterday, says it can move the aps to ex ds them re install later. I tried, can not re install on the apks I deleted already

Any info' on safe bloat ware removal would be great. Thanks guys n ' gals

Alex

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi

Just downloaded the stock firemware again on the phone. Running good, and good to see my internal sd and RAM not full yet. Spent a while trying to find accurate info'/links on apks/system app/bloats etc that can be safety removed.... No such luck yet.

If any one has link/info' on safe apks/system app/bloats to remove it would be nice to know, and delete them soon..

Found this page, it's not very detailed and I reckon I would need some of the apks listed http://www.droidviews.com/list-of-b...ng-galaxy-devices-that-can-be-safely-removed/

I downloaded nobloat free yesterday, says it can move the aps to ex ds them re install later. I tried, can not re install on the apks I deleted already

Alex

Here is a list of apps that can be removed.. But Understand what you are doing:
Active applications
AllShare Play
AllShare Service
Best Face
Bluetooth Test 1.0
Bubbles 1.0
ChatON
Chrome
Clock (Digital)
Clock (Modern)
Deep Sea 1.0
DirectConnectManager
Dual Clock (Analogue)
Dual Clock (Digital)
Email 4.0
Exchange Service
Face Unlock
Favorite Apps
Flash Annotate
Flash AnnotateSvc
Game Hub
Google Play Magazine
Google Play Music
Google+
Group Play
Help 1.0
Kies Via Wi-Fi
Live Wallpaper
Luminous dots 1.0
Mobile Print
Mobile Tracker
Music FX 1.4
Nearby Devices
PageBuddyNotiSvc 1.0
Phase Beam 1.0
Photo wall
Picasa Uploader
Pickup Tutorial
Polaris Viewer
S Memo
S Note Provider
S Planner Widget
S Suggest
S Voice
Samsung account
Samsung Apps
Samsung Browser
Samsung Calendar
Samsung Cloud
Samsung Contact
Samsung Push Services
Samsung Setup Wizard
Samsung Snote SyncAdapter
Samsung Syncadapters
Samsung TTS
SamsungAppsUNA2
SASlideShow 1.0
Simple Alarm Clock
SNS
Talk
Talkback
Task provider
Trim 38.6
User manual
Weather Daemon
Weather Widget
Weather Widget Main
Windy Weather
Wlan Test
Yahoo Finance
Yahoo News

You can use Root Uninstaller, for removing bloatwares, it will automatically the copy of APK which you are uninstalling.Hope your phone is rooted, as rooting is essential to remove bloatwares/system apps

mr_b_alex

Feb 15, 2014
Hey DMJoh, thanks for the info'

I had on mine also (first in list) acu weather widget apk and also acu weather something, there the first to go:cowboy:, reckon chat on will become chat OFF very soon;)

mr_b_alex

Feb 15, 2014
Weather Daemon (0.06%)- Battery Stats Plus
battery.rootuninstaller.com/app?pkg=com.sec.android.daemonapp.ap...
Weather Daemon battery usage stats on Android devices: 0.06% ... Battery Statistic on Android-powered Device Report (update 21 March 2013)

(This one gone to weatherdemon)

mr_b_alex

Feb 15, 2014
Okay Cool.. So what are you trying to say? Anyways, everything is fine i hope, Bro!

Just mean't the info' is about the weather demon apk, saw a few bits on google about the battery consumption on it, that's all. Was a 'lazy' cut n paste..

Hey DMJoh, I have deleted the windy weather apk amonst others apks, though can see the apk for deleting the stockwall live and the news wall live paper. Know where these 2 apk are 'hidden' by any chance? There not on any root uninstaller list.

Thanks for any info',

Alex

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi
Just mean't the info' is about the weather demon apk, saw a few bits on google about the battery consumption on it, that's all. Was a 'lazy' cut n paste..

Hey DMJoh, I have deleted the windy weather apk amonst others apks, though can see the apk for deleting the stockwall live and the news wall live paper. Know where these 2 apk are 'hidden' by any chance? There not on any root uninstaller list.

Thanks for any info',

Alex

You can use any Root File Explorer apps, i personally prefer Xplore, but it depends on your mindset.. Okay, whatever, see you can find these apks in /Root/system/app. If it is there, just simply delete it. If you want a backup copy move it to some other location, say External SD.

But understand removing live wallpaper picker may sometime creates FC. But am not sure about that, see to it.

mr_b_alex

Feb 15, 2014
You can use any Root File Explorer apps, i personally prefer Xplore, but it depends on your mindset.. Okay, whatever, see you can find these apks in /Root/system/app. If it is there, just simply delete it. If you want a backup copy move it to some other location, say External SD.

But understand removing live wallpaper picker may sometime creates FC. But am not sure about that, see to it.

Thanks, xplore is good, now deleted the ES file explore ap'... Using Xplore, have ticked see hidden files box, though still can't find that sneaky apk stockwall live and the news wall live paper apk? Ar well,no worries

Cheers

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi
Thanks, xplore is good, now deleted the ES file explore ap'... Using Xplore, have ticked see hidden files box, though still can't find that sneaky apk stockwall live and the news wall live paper apk? Ar well,no worries

Cheers

I think the apk is livewallpaper picker something like that, am not sure, search a bit in dat folder.. Also see /Root/system/priv-app. But you should be careful deleting files in that folder. Sorry i cant exactly remember the name of those apks, am not on stock now!

There is an apk called SecWallpaperChooser.apk, its the app which chooses wallpaper, not live walls, so dont delete it,
You need superuser access that you can enable in Configuration menu of Xplore.

Last edited:

mr_b_alex

Feb 15, 2014
I think the apk is livewallpaper picker something like that, am not sure, search a bit in dat folder.. Also see /Root/system/priv-app. But you should be careful deleting files in that folder. Sorry i cant exactly remember the name of those apks, am not on stock now!

OK cool thanks for the intel':good:.Will have a look. Think I will not delete anything I am not sure of, after last week deleting the actually live wall paper:eek:, all good now though, reflashed stock firmware:cowboy:

Last edited:

mr_b_alex

Feb 15, 2014

There is an apk called SecWallpaperChooser.apk, its the app which chooses wallpaper, not live walls, so dont delete it,

Cool, thanks alot for your info' again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Alex

Here is a list of apps that can be removed.. But Understand what you are doing:
    Active applications
    AllShare Play
    AllShare Service
    Best Face
    Bluetooth Test 1.0
    Bubbles 1.0
    ChatON
    Chrome
    Clock (Digital)
    Clock (Modern)
    Deep Sea 1.0
    DirectConnectManager
    Dual Clock (Analogue)
    Dual Clock (Digital)
    Email 4.0
    Exchange Service
    Face Unlock
    Favorite Apps
    Flash Annotate
    Flash AnnotateSvc
    Game Hub
    Google Play Magazine
    Google Play Music
    Google+
    Group Play
    Help 1.0
    Kies Via Wi-Fi
    Live Wallpaper
    Luminous dots 1.0
    Mobile Print
    Mobile Tracker
    Music FX 1.4
    Nearby Devices
    PageBuddyNotiSvc 1.0
    Phase Beam 1.0
    Photo wall
    Picasa Uploader
    Pickup Tutorial
    Polaris Viewer
    S Memo
    S Note Provider
    S Planner Widget
    S Suggest
    S Voice
    Samsung account
    Samsung Apps
    Samsung Browser
    Samsung Calendar
    Samsung Cloud
    Samsung Contact
    Samsung Push Services
    Samsung Setup Wizard
    Samsung Snote SyncAdapter
    Samsung Syncadapters
    Samsung TTS
    SamsungAppsUNA2
    SASlideShow 1.0
    Simple Alarm Clock
    SNS
    Talk
    Talkback
    Task provider
    Trim 38.6
    User manual
    Weather Daemon
    Weather Widget
    Weather Widget Main
    Windy Weather
    Wlan Test
    Yahoo Finance
    Yahoo News

You can use Root Uninstaller, for removing bloatwares, it will automatically the copy of APK which you are uninstalling.Hope your phone is rooted, as rooting is essential to remove bloatwares/system apps
    Okay Cool.. So what are you trying to say? Anyways, everything is fine i hope, Bro!

Thanks for any info',

Alex

Cheers