Can someone with N 8020 post their param.bin here please? Here's how...

Search This thread

smegg

Jun 28, 2011
ballarat
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/param of=/sdcard/param.img
exit
exit
adb pull param.img

and post it here?
It would be a huge help to me to repair my tablet!
Greetz from Smegg

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

smegg

Jun 28, 2011
ballarat
adb shell
su
exit
exit
adb pull param.img

and post it here?
It would be a huge help to me to repair my tablet!
Greetz from Smegg

Don't make me beg people!
female_farnsworth_futurama.gif

smegg

Jun 28, 2011
ballarat
What happen to your tablet Smegg? I want to help you but mine is N8000:D.

I have a corrupted boot screen (instead of galaxy note 10.1 before Samsung I get full screen static) and I can't connect to my pc any more except for download mode. I have tried everything and suspect a corrupted partition information file. Everything works OK but not connecting to my pc is horrible. I need a way to Reflash the new bootloader and part it on layout. I think the above information from an n8020 will help me get it back. :)

filchi756

Sep 29, 2010
Tarlac city
I have a corrupted boot screen (instead of galaxy note 10.1 before Samsung I get full screen static) and I can't connect to my pc any more except for download mode. I have tried everything and suspect a corrupted partition information file. Everything works OK but not connecting to my pc is horrible. I need a way to Reflash the new bootloader and part it on layout. I think the above information from an n8020 will help me get it back. :)

Ok sad to hear. If only N8000 have the same param.bin as yours, in the leak version of N8000 has param.bin included but on the official firmware its missing.

willfunhh

Jul 20, 2012
Hamburg
also, here's q good little tutorial on adb
http://www.geek.com/mobile/what-is-adb-and-how-do-i-use-it-1461697/
And with more specific detail and instructions. .
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36159253

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I will try to dive into it when I am home from Work....
Regarding your Rom:
I have an Vodafon Ultracard with 2 devices. If both bevices are logged into the provider net the incomming call goes directly to the mailbox. If I use the same card in an other device, this does not happen. I will doublecheck this by flashing the stock again to verify if this is comming from your stock or from stock rom. Can I just flash the stock over yours?

Reactions: smegg

willfunhh

Jul 20, 2012
Hamburg
Thanks for trying... I will sort it out myself though. No dramas. ..I'll troll the stock firmwares until I find one...should use up some of my 500gb 100mb/s plan lol.

I did not have time enough to see how to start ADB...is it also good for you if I just copy it with total commander. The folder where I found it was : dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by-name/ param
maybe this helps

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

When I run :

I got message "Cannot open for read: No such file or directory"

Try this one: dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by-name/ param
Or give me a short how to start ADB I only get a Console that closes after running someting ( ist to fast to see):rolleyes:

Reactions: smegg

willfunhh

Jul 20, 2012
Hamburg
I did not have time enough to see how to start ADB...is it also good for you if I just copy it with total commander. The folder where I found it was : dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by-name/ param
maybe this helps

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Or give me a short how to start ADB I only get a Console that closes after running someting ( ist to fast to see):rolleyes:

Now I also got ADB to run. adb could not find directory to su in my case

willfunhh

Jul 20, 2012
Hamburg
Regarding your Rom:
I have an Vodafon Ultracard with 2 devices. If both bevices are logged into the provider net the incomming call goes directly to the mailbox. If I use the same card in an other device, this does not happen. I will doublecheck this by flashing the stock again to verify if this is comming from your stock or from stock rom. Can I just flash the stock over yours?

Hi Smegg, this was no bug....I had to wipe all and reflash. That did the trick for me....
Regarding your files, I would love to help you, but somehow I am not able to...Nobb I would say :cyclops:

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

you guys are all awesome! What I know about coding would fit into a matchbox. You won't even need to remove the matches :)

:silly: I can only tell you someting about optics and cameras for industrial us...programming is not mine :eek: never the less I would love to help you, because you cooked nice roms for us. Will you cook another Echoe Rom or a XDA for for us Nobbs? Please tell me I loved the Echoe V2

hansitogo

Jul 10, 2014
@smegg I am using n8020 with baseband N8020XXBMI3 and buildnumber Echoe_Illusion_N8020 v1.
There is no directory file /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1. (Only /dev/block/platform/dw_mmc and s3c-sdhci.2)
There is a file param in /dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by-name.

govinda9

Mar 21, 2013
Lost Usb Connection with n8020,too

@smegg: I have the same Problem: After rooting German dbt kitkat Stockfirmware with cwm, the adb/Usb Connection with N8020 und Tablet got lost, there is no working usb-OTG funktion, too. Before everything worked. Did you find a solution to get back usb adb Connection with the Computer? If you found one, could you please post the solution here, I am urgently looking for the solution. Thanks in advance !

smegg

Jun 28, 2011
ballarat
I have not found a proper fix, but entering #*0808# into the phone dialler then choosing ap and then mtp will fix it until reboot. If you find a more permanent solution please let us all know.
Regards, smegg.

govinda9

Mar 21, 2013
The solution

@ smegg: I found the solution to bring back the tablet to full functionality: Attached the recovery zip file, which restores the param to its original state with all bootlogos and normal usb functionality. You can either flash it with Zedomax HighonAndroid recovery for the n8000, the newer recoveries won't work or you run the commands of the logo_mover.sh inside via adb.
By the way, is your deodexed n8020 kitkat Rom with initd functionality?

Attachments

• boot-usb-logo-GT-N8020.zip
    457.9 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: vladutgm and smegg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The solution

@ smegg: I found the solution to bring back the tablet to full functionality: Attached the recovery zip file, which restores the param to its original state with all bootlogos and normal usb functionality. You can either flash it with Zedomax HighonAndroid recovery for the n8000, the newer recoveries won't work or you run the commands of the logo_mover.sh inside via adb.
    By the way, is your deodexed n8020 kitkat Rom with initd functionality?
    also, here's q good little tutorial on adb
    http://www.geek.com/mobile/what-is-adb-and-how-do-i-use-it-1461697/
    And with more specific detail and instructions. .
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36159253

Regarding your Rom:
    When I run :

Thanks for trying... I will sort it out myself though. No dramas. ..I'll troll the stock firmwares until I find one...should use up some of my 500gb 100mb/s plan lol.

maybe this helps

When I run :