[V20E JB]Collection of NANDROID (CWM) BACKUPS for all Rooted L9 Variants

Search This thread

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
IMPORTANT

• PLEASE BE ON TOPIC. TALK ONLY ABOUT CWM BACKUPS. NOT ABOUT ROOTING AND FLASHING.
  • These are Rooted CWM Backups to be used only for already ROOTED L9 phones.
  • If you don't have CWM (Recovery) already installed, then you are in wrong thread / topic.
  • USE INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK. I DO NOT GUARANTEE ANYTHING.
  • MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE
  • Full wipe restore method, so don't forget to take backup before restoring.
  • CM based Backups are not added because stable build is not yet released and I want this thread clean from bugs related discussions.
Since long time I am asking everyone I converse here to mirror KDZ ROMS for future use because LG links are disappearing very fast, but I am not getting any positive responses. And now since last week I am trying to coax everyone (by hook or crook) to upload ROOTED CWM BACKUPS they have for V10E/V10F/V10G/V10H, etc.

In this series, I am sharing the mirror of my first CWM BACKUP of Rooted V10C perfectly working on my P765.

CWM BACKUP IS ORIGINALLY CALLED NANDROID BACKUP. IF ANYONE IS ON ROOTED V10*/V20*, CAN RESTORE CWM BACKUP AND GO ON HIGHER/LOWER ROOTED BUILDS.
I HAVE TESTED THIS OK, but Results May Vary. :)

CLEAN, WIPED AND NO PERSONAL DATA(as claimed by respective uploaders)
picture.php

P760 Jelly Bean

P765 Jelly Bean

• CIS V20D by Casserole
  • V20C by s_shellster (sent in pm) 604.33mb
  • CIS V20B by Casserole
  • V20A Bhaarat (India) by gdjindal (from post) 562 mb
P768 Jelly Bean

P769 Jelly Bean

• V20H by Nathan.7118391 (sent in pm) (552.3 MB)
  • V20H by T3HG00GLEG33K (with busybox & init.d support) sent in pm
  • V20F by Nathan.7118391 (sent in pm)
  • V20F by Carloswii5 (post342)
  • V21B by kid_ding (571mb) from post
  • V20D P769 by Tablechair (551.2 MB) from post
  • V20D p769 by clockcycle (556.0 MB) from post

picture.php

P760 ICS
(also can be used on P765. I am using P760V10H on my P765, perfect and rock solid.)

• V10A By Hamdimo (from post)
  • V10E By Hamdimo (from post)
  • V10G Not available
  • V10H By Hamdimo (from post) :highfive: Flashed OK Perfect on P765 :laugh:my post
    gif-new.gif
  • V10i Not available
P765 ICS (also can be used on P760. Works perfect but without NFC option, useless though)

• CIS V10F by Casserole
  • V10C P765 V10C By CMahendra (488.14 MB)
  • V10G P765 V10G BY_DARK_FABLE (487.35 MB)
    THANKS DARK_FABLE:)
    gif-new.gif
  • V10A Not available not required as V10C directly rootable.
P768 ICS

P769/BK/BKGO ICS *P769 and P769BK and P769BKGO are all same and these cwm backups will work on any P769. Dont worry.

• V11A Canada by Tablechair (452.83 MB) (from post)
    gif-new.gif
  • V10G p769 by redheadplantguy (from post)
  • V10G P769 by MrMathematica (from post)
  • V10G P769BK by Jrkoffjonson (from post)
  • V10G P769 by Aeriandir Silverwing (481mb sent in pm)
  • V10E P769BK by Mike9200 (sent in pm)
  • V10E P769BKGO by avenge001 (sent in pm)
  • V10B P769 by kuma82 (post310)
After I requested some pals, I got promises from some generous and kind people who are going to share the plain CWM BACKUPS OF ROOTED ROMS.

I appeal everyone from bottom of my heart, who are with Rooted L9 (any variant, any version), please take CWM Backup and mirror it as soon as possible. GOD AND XDA WILL BLESS YOU.

How to create CWM Backup?

• See post#2

How to restore (install) cwm backup?

• See post#3
Wish me Goodluck and also to whole L9 XDA community. :D

Last edited:

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
USE INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK AS I DO NOT GUARANTEE ANYTHING HERE. BUT ITS TESTED OK BY ME.

HOW TO TAKE CWM BACKUP OF ROOTED ROM
?

THIS IS TESTED OK!!!! CWM BACKUP PROCEDURE MENTIONED IN OP (Opening Post) WORKED PERFECTLY WELL!!! 100%. WITHOUT REBOOTING PHONE. EVERYTHING IS DONE IN CWM ONLY.

1. Two Backups will be taken, therefore at least 2.5 GB free space should be there in External SD Card. Also, you must be rooted.
  2. Now you can start CWM and in Backup&Restore section,
    change Backup Format option to TAR format.
  3. Take First CWM Backup with your Full data and Apps (for your own restore). (Approx 1.2 GB or more)
  4. Wipe your personal data before Second Backup
    • Wipe Factory Data Reset
    • Wipe Cache Partition
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • (Dont worry, your data in Internal Memory and External Memory Card will not be deleted.)
  5. Take Second CWM Backup without any data (coz you blanked it all in previous step: no email-a/c, no system data, no applications, etc) this backup you are going to mirror.
    (Approx 480 to 750 MB)
  6. Restore your First CWM Backup and then Restart the phone. Now you will find all DATA and APPS, Launchers, Settings, etc. as it is. Nothing will be seen changed.
  7. Connect Phone to PC to copy files (MTP mode). You will find your First and Second Backup Folder in phone in following location. You need second backup to share from folder mentioned. Example...
    /sdcard/external_sd/clockworkmod/backup/2013-02-06.12.32.27

(*date time of folder will be different, of course) Now copy the second backup folder to your pc and ZIP the whole folder, which will be around 500+-mb. Name the zip something like this...
    Rooted_CWM_BACKUP_P765_V10G_by_YourName.zip
    Take this Zip file of Second Backup without any data and UPLOAD to www.multiupload.nl or any other site and share the link with details.
SUPER SU WILL REMAIN INTACT EVEN AFTER WIPING EVERYTHING AND WHEN INSTALLED LG RECOVERY INSTALLER WILL SHOW "RECOVERY ALREADY INSTALLED". In simple words, ROOT remains untouched after wiping data and cache, like it remained always there with our adventures with O2X. :D

Hope this motivates some more generous souls to take CWM backup of Rooted ROMs and upload it. :laugh:

Last edited:

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
USE INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK AS I DO NOT GUARANTEE ANYTHING HERE. BUT ITS TESTED OK BY ME. MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE.

HOW TO INSTALL (RESTORE) CWM BACKUP-FILE?

Steps(AFTER TAKING REGULAR BACKUP).

1. If you are on Rooted L9, you can skip this step and go to step 2,
    But if you are not, then download Rootable KDZ for any respective L9 Variant from this thread and Flash and Root it with this thread
  2. If you already have CWM then you can skip this step and go to step 3,
    But if you dont have CWM already installed, then go to this thread by Artas182x to install installer APK and then install CWM Recovery.
  3. Backup your data with titanium backup or other backup apps. (if required)
  4. Download the matching (variant) CWM Backup for your L9. Extract the ZIP on pc and copy the BACKUP folder in following CWM location on external memory card. Your folder will look something like this...
    Remember this is External Memory Card, not phone memory. You have to copy your backup in "/clockworkmod/backup/" folder of Memory Card.
  5. Disconnect phone, Restart phone in CWM Recovery mode. Wipe Data, Cache partition and Dalvik Cache.
  6. Select "Backup & Restore" from main menu, select "RESTORE" and Select your backup folder and RESTORE it. Done!!!
Once done restart the phone and you should be on Rooted Rom, ROOT INTACT and device will start a fresh starting with basic setup wizard.

Disadvantages: Only one! You have to backup your data before restore because you are restoring CWM from someone else which is clean.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Mr.Brown94

May 16, 2012
Teramo
R: [ROM] Collection of [ROOTED CWM BACKUPS] For rooted P760/765/768/769

It's possible to flash a p765 Rom on a p760?

Sent from my LG-P760 using xda app-developers app

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
It's possible to flash a p765 Rom on a p760?

Sent from my LG-P760 using xda app-developers app

I dont have P760 but someone else have already done this before (flashing P765 rom on P760). You can search forum and check yourself.

BTW, I have flashed almost all P760 roms various countries, various versions on my Asian P765 and used for several days without any issue. FLASHED IT AT LEAST 10 TO 12 TIMES :laugh:.

NFC:
Both are identical DEVICES, and you can try it. Should work. But P765 does note have NFC hardware inside, so you will not see NFC option in settings of your P760, but everything else should work without any issue.
When I flashed P760 on my P765, I saw NFC option (lolz) but it just stays there and does not work (coz P765 dont have NFC hardware, thats all).

Come on get some courage and yes Good Luck.

Last edited:

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Thanking a lot to Jrkoffjonson for his CWM Backup of P769BK V10G in this post.

Though I dont have P769, some simple experiment I want to suggest for this L9variant....

CAN WE DO A TEST ON ROOTED P769V10G TO BURST A MYTH?

• P769V10G is known for a myth that it cannot be flashed back to V10E or older. At the moment, if you are on V10G, you are stuck.
  • And here Jrkoffjonson have Rooted V10G Rooted
  • If someone shares CWM Backup of P769V10A or P769V10G and if Jrkoffjonson is successfully able to flash that V10A, then may be it will be first time that someone can roll back from V10G to V10A or V10E.
Why I think this may get success because, the OTA or offline KDZ flashing does not allow rolling back, because they might be holding some restricted install instructions given by LG lab representatives. But CWM is just a BACKUP IMAGE without any instructions like KDZ and should flash an IMAGE WITHOUT ANY STUPID INSTRUCTIONS (like in KDZ).

So is there anyone who can share CWM Backup of Rooted V10A or V10E for P769BK to test for bursting this myth?
:cowboy:

Last edited:

Jrkoffjonson

Dec 27, 2010
Brick
Thanking a lot to Jrkoffjonson for his CWM Backup of P769BK V10G in this post.

Though I dont have P769, some simple experiment I want to suggest for this L9variant....

CAN WE DO A TEST ON ROOTED P769V10G TO BURST A MYTH?

• P769V10G is known for a myth that it cannot be flashed back to V10E or older. At the moment, if you are on V10G, you are stuck.
  • And here Jrkoffjonson have Rooted V10G Rooted
  • If someone shares CWM Backup of P769V10A or P769V10G and if Jrkoffjonson is successfully able to flash that V10A, then may be it will be first time that someone can roll back from V10G to V10A or V10E.
Why I think this may get success because, the OTA or offline KDZ flashing does not allow rolling back, because they might be holding some restricted install instructions given by LG lab representatives. But CWM is just a BACKUP IMAGE without any instructions like KDZ and should flash an IMAGE WITHOUT ANY STUPID INSTRUCTIONS (like in KDZ).

So is there anyone who can share CWM Backup of Rooted V10A or V10E for P769BK to test for bursting this myth?
:cowboy:

The only thing that would be an issue is for non rooted 10G folks.. Like I mentioned in the other thread I had an extra L9 at my store that I rooted and did the CWM dump. Too bad the Wind Mobile cannot be rooted, we could have flashed the KDZ for it, rooted and flashed the backup I made.

Has anyone had luck with the LG Smartflash Tool? Always got "Magic number does not coincide"

Reactions: avenge001 and csrow

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
The only thing that would be an issue is for non rooted 10G folks.. Like I mentioned in the other thread I had an extra L9 at my store that I rooted and did the CWM dump. Too bad the Wind Mobile cannot be rooted, we could have flashed the KDZ for it, rooted and flashed the backup I made.

Has anyone had luck with the LG Smartflash Tool? Always got "Magic number does not coincide"

Thanks a lot for prompt reply. I know that some pals were sleeping and they pushed V10G OTA and it was updated before pals could root the phone. But there are some lucky pals, who did root V10G.

Above concept can be used at least for Rooted P769V10G.

I sent a PM to wkpark for his help regarding the SamrtFlash few days back. He may reply. He is huge dev from various devices and bit busy man. All I can do is wait for his reply with patience. :). I am also trying to find suitable person who can help us in this case. Will update later.

Jrkoffjonson

Dec 27, 2010
Brick
Thanks a lot for prompt reply. I know that some pals were sleeping and they pushed V10G OTA and it was updated before pals could root the phone. But there are some lucky pals, who did root V10G.

Above concept can be used at least for Rooted P769V10G.

I sent a PM to wkpark for his help regarding the SamrtFlash few days back. He may reply. He is huge dev from various devices and bit busy man. All I can do is wait for his reply with patience. :). I am also trying to find suitable person who can help us in this case. Will update later.

Good stuff, I have off the next few days and will try and find a better host for the 10E BIN/FLS files. Also thinking about doing a ADB backup for my apps and trying to flash another models firmware that CAN be rootable.. just gotta see what one is most similar to 769 to avoid touchscreen (or other) issues. If that can be done I don't see why we can't go that route.

Edit: Shame we can't reverse the process that LGExtract does. We could possibly build a whole new 10E KDZ..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1692191

Last edited:

avenge001

Oct 13, 2009
recovery images

USE INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK AS I DO NOT GUARANTEE ANYTHING HERE. BUT ITS TESTED OK BY ME. MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE.

Since long time I am asking everyone I converse here to mirror KDZ ROMS for future use because LG links are disapperaing very fast, but I am not getting any positive responses. And now since last week I am trying to coax everyone (by hook or crook) to upload ROOTED CWM BACKUPS they have for V10E/V10F/V10G/V10H, etc.

In this series, I am sharing the mirror of my first CWM BACKUP of Rooted V10C perfectly working on my P765.

IF ANYONE IS ON ROOTED V10A BUILD (OR ROOTED V10C/E), CAN RESTORE CWM BACKUP AND GO ON HIGHER ROOTED BUILDS. I HAVE TESTED THIS OK, but Results May Vary. :)

RESTORABLE CWM BACKUPS: STOCK, CLEAN, WIPED, ROOTED (as claimed by respective uploaders)

P760

• V10E Coming soon..... (from someone generous and kind person)
  • V10G Coming soon..... (from someone generous and kind person)
  • V10H Coming soon..... (from someone generous and kind person)
P765
  • V10C CWM-BACKUP-ROOTED-P765V10C-ByCMahendra-XDA.zip DOWNLOAD (488.14 MB)
P768
  • V10D Coming soon..... (from someone generous and kind person)
P769/BK

• V10A P769 Coming soon (MAY BE TO BURST A MYTH THAT V10G CANNOT BE ROLLED BACK :D) check 6th post below
  • V10G P769BK CWM Backup Rooted, Stock, wiped and clean DOWNLOAD (Thanks to kind soul, Jrkoffjonson from this post)
  • Other V10G Coming soon..... (from someone generous and kind person)
After I did some efforts, I have promises from some generous and kind people who are going to share the plain CWM BACKUPS OF ROOTED ROMS.

I appeal everyone from bottom of my heart, who are with Rooted L9 (any variant, any version), please take CWM Backup and mirror it as soon as possible. GOD AND XDA WILL BLESS YOU.

• See post#2

• See post#3

i have a lg p769bkgo and i made a working recovery image using the cmw l9 recovery installer.. what kind of backup is preferred? .tar or the .dup version of backup?

avenge001

Oct 13, 2009
backup images for p769bkgo

ok give me like 30 minutes and ill send one up.. maybe it will help.. ps. ive stripped most user apps except for bare essentials and it IS rooted.. obviously..... ;p even emptied all my contacts and history as i could.. let me know if this worked out for you, if it was what you needed..

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

ok give me like 30 minutes and ill send one up.. maybe it will help.. ps. ive stripped most user apps except for bare essentials and it IS rooted.. obviously..... ;p even emptied all my contacts and history as i could.. let me know if this worked out for you, if it was what you needed..

taking longer than anticipated.. dropbox AND my internet connection are slow.. itll be when it finishes uploading. ill share the link when it does.. sorry for the wait.

nuzbabu

Jul 6, 2006

But if you are not, then download V10A from any L9 Variant from this thread and Flash and Root it with this thread

Hope this helps.

1. i am on p769bk tmobile usa 10g. it says to pick any 10a variant and install. i thought we can not downgrade. pl clarify.

avenge001

Oct 13, 2009
p769bkgo cwm recovery backup link

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

this sites limitations prevent me from sending outside links until i send 10 posts..

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

i read in my init.rc file or the u2.init.rc file that it is using lgp760 as some kind of source, does anyone know if the lgp760 could work as backup source? for the p769bk?

avenge001

Oct 13, 2009

still uploading. im trying.. less than 30 min to go. wish i couldve just posted it already

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

not sure when this will finish so i will post a link asap. seems like its taking forever.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

well, its not looking to positive on getting this up before i go to sleep. ill keep plugging away at it until its done. again, sorry for the wait.

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

i need to make more posts in order to post the link

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

check your pm.. Link is in there

Ametho

Feb 7, 2013
Hi,
Is it possible to flash 10A or other rootable roms from 10H? Cuz everybody is talking about 10G, maybe there is a chance to do this on newer one ? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
i have a lg p769bkgo and i made a working recovery image using the cmw l9 recovery installer.. what kind of backup is preferred? .tar or the .dup version of backup?

Please please please read Opening Posts carefully. Its all there.

Saw your PM with link, you should WIPE DATA before making backup. See post#2.

i am on p769bk tmobile usa 10g. it says to pick any 10a variant and install. i thought we can not downgrade. pl clarify.

You are stuck and this may not be applicable to you. If you are Rooted, then you can wait for someone post V10A/E rom. Otherwise this thread is not going to help you. Sorry. :(

@All, PLEASE STOP QUOTING WHOLE OPENING POSTS FOR SINGLE LINE QUESTIONS. ITS ANNOYING AND PROVES HOW BAD NOOB YOU ARE. LOLZ :laugh:
(PUTTING IN BLOCK BIG LETTERS FOR VISUALLY IMPAIRED. HA HA HA.:laugh::laugh: TAKE IT EASY, KIDDING )

Last edited:
Reactions: galaxyfitankit

csrow

Nov 19, 2007
Thank you Jrkoffjonson.

Because my phone is not so stock, I could not get the OTA update from 10e to 10g to work. It would fail at about 20% mark when updating. So, I used your 10g back up file to update my 10e to 10g.

After the 10g restore, instead of starting from scratch, I went back and restored 'data' section from my 10e back up using the advance back up menu.

Everything recovered fine except for two items; I had to re-generate Link2SD script and also reinstall the two overclocking modules. Otherwise everything is working fine.

Now, I have to go back and delete bloatware and CarrierQ.

P.S. - I would have contribute my 10e image but it is so convoluted and it's not stock so I don't think it will help others.

Last edited:

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Thank you Jrkoffjonson.

Because my phone is not so stock, I could not get the OTA update from 10e to 10g to work. It would fail at about 20% mark when updating. So, I used your 10g back up file to update my 10e to 10g.

After the 10g restore, instead of starting from scratch, I went back and restored 'data' section from my 10e back up using the advance back up menu.

Everything recovered fine except for two items; I had to re-generate Link2SD script and also reinstall the two overclocking modules. Otherwise everything is working fine.

Now, I have to go back and delete bloatware and CarrierQ.

P.S. - I would have contribute my 10e image but it is so convoluted and it's not stock so I don't think it will help others.

Woohoo!!! SUCCESS!!!:good:

This is what I wanted to hear. You could Restore CWM Backup from other user. Thanks for confirmation.

Now, CWM backups from each other will help us JUMP from any build to any build, within variant or outside variant. :D

Works perfect with Rooted L9. Unrooted people please should stay away until they have Root.
:p

So I can say, my efforts to motivate everyone to share CWM BACKUP is succeeded.:good:

Now only, last thing is remaining if someone shares CWM Backup of P769V10A, then many of us who are on Rooted P769V10G, can come back to previous builds and vice versa. :laugh:

Last edited:

Jrkoffjonson

Dec 27, 2010
Brick
Quick update as to what I've been up to.

Downloaded P760 Euro 10A KDZ. Flashed and rooted, restored with my CWM backup. However I am getting the dreaded mirrored screen effect.

Someone send me files in /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/display0 so I can see if that fixes the issue?

I am now on 10G rooted but that's the only problem I've come across- making my device unusable.

10G KDZ WILL NOT FIX.. at least for me.. flashed about 15x since last night and same amount of factory resets lol.

EDIT: Another problem is that my softkeys and home button are funky.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMPORTANT

• PLEASE BE ON TOPIC. TALK ONLY ABOUT CWM BACKUPS. NOT ABOUT ROOTING AND FLASHING.
    • These are Rooted CWM Backups to be used only for already ROOTED L9 phones.
    • If you don't have CWM (Recovery) already installed, then you are in wrong thread / topic.
    • USE INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK. I DO NOT GUARANTEE ANYTHING.
    • MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE
    • Full wipe restore method, so don't forget to take backup before restoring.
    • CM based Backups are not added because stable build is not yet released and I want this thread clean from bugs related discussions.
    Since long time I am asking everyone I converse here to mirror KDZ ROMS for future use because LG links are disappearing very fast, but I am not getting any positive responses. And now since last week I am trying to coax everyone (by hook or crook) to upload ROOTED CWM BACKUPS they have for V10E/V10F/V10G/V10H, etc.

CWM BACKUP IS ORIGINALLY CALLED NANDROID BACKUP. IF ANYONE IS ON ROOTED V10*/V20*, CAN RESTORE CWM BACKUP AND GO ON HIGHER/LOWER ROOTED BUILDS.
    I HAVE TESTED THIS OK, but Results May Vary. :)

CLEAN, WIPED AND NO PERSONAL DATA(as claimed by respective uploaders)
    picture.php

P760 Jelly Bean

P765 Jelly Bean

• CIS V20D by Casserole
    • V20C by s_shellster (sent in pm) 604.33mb
    • CIS V20B by Casserole
    • V20A Bhaarat (India) by gdjindal (from post) 562 mb
    P768 Jelly Bean

P769 Jelly Bean

• V20H by Nathan.7118391 (sent in pm) (552.3 MB)
    • V20H by T3HG00GLEG33K (with busybox & init.d support) sent in pm
    • V20F by Nathan.7118391 (sent in pm)
    • V20F by Carloswii5 (post342)
    • V21B by kid_ding (571mb) from post
    • V20D P769 by Tablechair (551.2 MB) from post
    • V20D p769 by clockcycle (556.0 MB) from post

picture.php

P760 ICS
    (also can be used on P765. I am using P760V10H on my P765, perfect and rock solid.)

• V10A By Hamdimo (from post)
    • V10E By Hamdimo (from post)
    • V10G Not available
    • V10H By Hamdimo (from post) :highfive: Flashed OK Perfect on P765 :laugh:my post
      gif-new.gif
    • V10i Not available
    P765 ICS (also can be used on P760. Works perfect but without NFC option, useless though)

• CIS V10F by Casserole
    • V10C P765 V10C By CMahendra (488.14 MB)
    • V10G P765 V10G BY_DARK_FABLE (487.35 MB)
      THANKS DARK_FABLE:)
      gif-new.gif
    • V10A Not available not required as V10C directly rootable.
    P768 ICS

P769/BK/BKGO ICS *P769 and P769BK and P769BKGO are all same and these cwm backups will work on any P769. Dont worry.

• V11A Canada by Tablechair (452.83 MB) (from post)
      gif-new.gif
    • V10G p769 by redheadplantguy (from post)
    • V10G P769 by MrMathematica (from post)
    • V10G P769BK by Jrkoffjonson (from post)
    • V10G P769 by Aeriandir Silverwing (481mb sent in pm)
    • V10E P769BK by Mike9200 (sent in pm)
    • V10E P769BKGO by avenge001 (sent in pm)
    • V10B P769 by kuma82 (post310)
    After I requested some pals, I got promises from some generous and kind people who are going to share the plain CWM BACKUPS OF ROOTED ROMS.

• See post#2

• See post#3
    USE INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK AS I DO NOT GUARANTEE ANYTHING HERE. BUT ITS TESTED OK BY ME.

HOW TO TAKE CWM BACKUP OF ROOTED ROM
    ?

THIS IS TESTED OK!!!! CWM BACKUP PROCEDURE MENTIONED IN OP (Opening Post) WORKED PERFECTLY WELL!!! 100%. WITHOUT REBOOTING PHONE. EVERYTHING IS DONE IN CWM ONLY.

1. Two Backups will be taken, therefore at least 2.5 GB free space should be there in External SD Card. Also, you must be rooted.
    2. Now you can start CWM and in Backup&Restore section,
      change Backup Format option to TAR format.
    3. Take First CWM Backup with your Full data and Apps (for your own restore). (Approx 1.2 GB or more)
    4. Wipe your personal data before Second Backup
      • Wipe Factory Data Reset
      • Wipe Cache Partition
      • Wipe Dalvik Cache
      • (Dont worry, your data in Internal Memory and External Memory Card will not be deleted.)
    5. Take Second CWM Backup without any data (coz you blanked it all in previous step: no email-a/c, no system data, no applications, etc) this backup you are going to mirror.
      (Approx 480 to 750 MB)
    6. Restore your First CWM Backup and then Restart the phone. Now you will find all DATA and APPS, Launchers, Settings, etc. as it is. Nothing will be seen changed.
    7. Connect Phone to PC to copy files (MTP mode). You will find your First and Second Backup Folder in phone in following location. You need second backup to share from folder mentioned. Example...

(*date time of folder will be different, of course) Now copy the second backup folder to your pc and ZIP the whole folder, which will be around 500+-mb. Name the zip something like this...
      Rooted_CWM_BACKUP_P765_V10G_by_YourName.zip
      Take this Zip file of Second Backup without any data and UPLOAD to www.multiupload.nl or any other site and share the link with details.
    SUPER SU WILL REMAIN INTACT EVEN AFTER WIPING EVERYTHING AND WHEN INSTALLED LG RECOVERY INSTALLER WILL SHOW "RECOVERY ALREADY INSTALLED". In simple words, ROOT remains untouched after wiping data and cache, like it remained always there with our adventures with O2X. :D

Hope this motivates some more generous souls to take CWM backup of Rooted ROMs and upload it. :laugh:

But if you are not, then download Rootable KDZ for any respective L9 Variant from this thread and Flash and Root it with this thread
    2. If you already have CWM then you can skip this step and go to step 3,
      But if you dont have CWM already installed, then go to this thread by Artas182x to install installer APK and then install CWM Recovery.
    3. Backup your data with titanium backup or other backup apps. (if required)
    4. Download the matching (variant) CWM Backup for your L9. Extract the ZIP on pc and copy the BACKUP folder in following CWM location on external memory card. Your folder will look something like this...
      Remember this is External Memory Card, not phone memory. You have to copy your backup in "/clockworkmod/backup/" folder of Memory Card.
    5. Disconnect phone, Restart phone in CWM Recovery mode. Wipe Data, Cache partition and Dalvik Cache.
    6. Select "Backup & Restore" from main menu, select "RESTORE" and Select your backup folder and RESTORE it. Done!!!
    Once done restart the phone and you should be on Rooted Rom, ROOT INTACT and device will start a fresh starting with basic setup wizard.

Disadvantages: Only one! You have to backup your data before restore because you are restoring CWM from someone else which is clean.

Hope this helps.
    Check this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191634 :good:

Keep ur device on and then try flashing offline. The kdz tool will take ur device into sw upgrade mode. So, do not enter sw upgrade manually, let it happen automatically

I can't because I'm on CM 10.1 (I was flashing JB before), now I'm trying to use V10H CWM backup and flashing to V20B, after that (if it will be succeful) I will upload backup here :)

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

So, I finally uploaded rooted, clean backup of V20B (JB) from P760.

http://www.multiupload.nl/15Z5L6A6OE

cmahendra you can add it to list ;)
    As promised... i'm uploading P760-10e(rooted) right now WHILE my device is being updated via OTA to 10H
    so when update is finished, i'll upload also the P760-10h(rooted) :)

OK, i give you P760-10e(rooted)
    And P760-10h(rooted)