What kind of battery life are you getting?

Search This thread

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012
Hey everyone,

I was checking out the battery stats thread over at the m7ul forum, and I was blown away. People were getting 5+ hours screen time, no problem. Obviously, we can't reproduce their setups; our phones aren't compatible with their ROMs.

So, I thought this thread may come in handy for those of us struggling with battery life, and would like to know what kinds of numbers can be achieved. Post your battery stats here along with your setup. Include ROM, kernel, tuning, services, etc. please!

I know the Sprint M7 is kind of a dying community, but hopefully we'll get a lot of participants.

Reactions: THADDIUS25

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012
*ahem*

Wow guys don't all post at once.

Anyway, I guess I'll just share mine to get you started.

As you can see, my battery life sucks. Not sure why, because I'm running SD 9 with Kangaroo, and I installed Amplify to reduce the Google Play Services Wakelocks. Also, power saver is on 24x7. If anyone has a recommended setup, that would be great. thanks!

Last edited:

ghostinrags

Apr 22, 2010
South Bend, Indiana
The sound of silence...

Yeah, hopping place ya got here. LOL. I've ROM hopped all over the place, tuned and tried apps, prayed to the dark lords of battery power, all to no avail. The M7's battery life simply stinks. But, it's a supercomputer in your pocket, so I kinda have to think that's fairly amazing. I use power saver mode ALL the time, never have a need to crank it up, I turn my brightness down to the first bar on the quick toggle when I use it and the lowest setting for just glancing and messages, Beats off, NFC off, any radio I'm not using off, GPS off and in battery saving mode. I stream via Bluetooth for probably five solid hours at work and I can make it all day with some texting and make it home, so I can't complain. But, if I'm streaming, talking, surfing, and such, I'm glad I carry my charger everywhere I go.

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012
Yeah, hopping place ya got here. LOL. I've ROM hopped all over the place, tuned and tried apps, prayed to the dark lords of battery power, all to no avail. The M7's battery life simply stinks. But, it's a supercomputer in your pocket, so I kinda have to think that's fairly amazing. I use power saver mode ALL the time, never have a need to crank it up, I turn my brightness down to the first bar on the quick toggle when I use it and the lowest setting for just glancing and messages, Beats off, NFC off, any radio I'm not using off, GPS off and in battery saving mode. I stream via Bluetooth for probably five solid hours at work and I can make it all day with some texting and make it home, so I can't complain. But, if I'm streaming, talking, surfing, and such, I'm glad I carry my charger everywhere I go.

Well you can't objectively say it's battery life "stinks" because there are definitely people out there getting absolutely incredible numbers in the int'l forum. I just wanted a Sprint specific thread so that we could replicate the setups of people having great success.

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012
Does CDMA use more power than GSM maybe? I've never researched that.

That's actually the reason I created this thread. I want to see if there are any Sprint users who can actually get that kind of battery life. So far, it seems that they can't.
I would hate for that to be true, but I've never seen a Sprint phone get those insane numbers. So, it's possible that Sprint's network is a battery hog. But we can't conclude that unless absolutely nobody posts a good setup.

ghostinrags

Apr 22, 2010
South Bend, Indiana
That's actually the reason I created this thread. I want to see if there are any Sprint users who can actually get that kind of battery life. So far, it seems that they can't.
I would hate for that to be true, but I've never seen a Sprint phone get those insane numbers. So, it's possible that Sprint's network is a battery hog. But we can't conclude that unless absolutely nobody posts a good setup.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of us left, unfortunately. Must of the guys I knew when this thing was hot jumped to the M8 when it came out due to the problems this phone has. There's not alot of devs out there making ROMs either, though in HTC's defense, Sense 6 was so awesome there wasn't a huge need to go crazy. The one thing that has always been said though, is poor battery life. I'm on SkyDragon v 10 now with nagging wife kernel and I'm not too unhappy, I can post my stats for fun tomorrow. But, do us unstock guys count in your test?

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012
There doesn't seem to be a lot of us left, unfortunately. Must of the guys I knew when this thing was hot jumped to the M8 when it came out due to the problems this phone has. There's not alot of devs out there making ROMs either, though in HTC's defense, Sense 6 was so awesome there wasn't a huge need to go crazy. The one thing that has always been said though, is poor battery life. I'm on SkyDragon v 10 now with nagging wife kernel and I'm not too unhappy, I can post my stats for fun tomorrow. But, do us unstock guys count in your test?

Yep, anyone who has a sprint htc one can post their stats and setup here. Im running the same thing as you. Hopefully after the settling i get something out of this.

Honestly, Im just desperate to find out if m7sprs can get the same battery life as those insane gsms.

So far, it seems like a no.

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012
Check this out. http://blog.laptopmag.com/tmobile-phones-longer-battery-life

Sent from my kangaroo powered Inverted ViperONE using Tapatalk 2

OK @#$% this, I'm out.

Ugghhhhhhhhh why. I used to have TMo, was happy with it, got caught into sprint with gimmicks. I hate my life. :(

OK it's not that serious, but why is this?

8/5 means 60% EXTRA battery life. That would explain how the people in the international forums get such insane numbers.

So, what's the best we can do with our measly Sprint phones?

indy1811

Jul 19, 2008
Bangalore
3.5 hours Screen on time

I'm using a Sprint HTC One on a GSM network in India. I get on an average around 3.5 hours of screen on time.

I

indy1811

Jul 19, 2008
Bangalore
Setup and screen shot would be nice, though that's a far cry from the 5 hours in the int'l thread :(.

2wddq2u.png

JoeNeckbone

Sep 22, 2011
NYC
OK @#$% this, I'm out.

Ugghhhhhhhhh why. I used to have TMo, was happy with it, got caught into sprint with gimmicks. I hate my life. :(

OK it's not that serious, but why is this?

8/5 means 60% EXTRA battery life. That would explain how the people in the international forums get such insane numbers.

So, what's the best we can do with our measly Sprint phones?

I'll be switching to T-Mobile when m9 comes out. Mainly because of the sprint "wait now" network. Have been wanting to switch for years but figured I would give them a chance to fix it.

Sent from my kangaroo powered Inverted ViperONE using Tapatalk 2

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
The m7 on sprint has bad battery life. If all I do is browse the internet on WiFi and text I can average 4 hrs SoT but by then my phone is already about die. This is only on sense sadly I get worse SoT on AOSP

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012
The m7 on sprint has bad battery life. If all I do is browse the internet on WiFi and text I can average 4 hrs SoT but by then my phone is already about die. This is only on sense sadly I get worse SoT on AOSP
I started a thread on this, but I'll guess I'll ask here too.

What percent of your battery usage goes to Android System? According to GSam. I've noticed that the GSM guys have app usage in the high 20s or mid 30s. Mine is in the mid 50s. The Android System battery drain and kernel wakelocks are the issue here.

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012
From what I've heard, poor signal on your sprint phone decreases your battery life. My average is around 2 hours OST within maybe 13 hours of use? I gave up on trying to make this thing last more than a day
That's absolute crap compared to the international guys.

And pretty close to what I'm getting, though mine isn't that bad. I can get 3/15 ish with my setup. If you want, I can pm you my setup.

muneebrocks

Nov 7, 2010
Karachi
That's absolute crap compared to the international guys.

And pretty close to what I'm getting, though mine isn't that bad. I can get 3/15 ish with my setup. If you want, I can pm you my setup.

I have been trying to post in this waiting for my battery to die. :p
till then here I am at the 50% benchmark
I basically greenify everything with it to disable hibernation upon notification. and mainly use this phone for whatsapp and blinkfeed reading
I am using sprint phone but with a international gsm provider

picture uploader

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

I was checking out the battery stats thread over at the m7ul forum, and I was blown away. People were getting 5+ hours screen time, no problem. Obviously, we can't reproduce their setups; our phones aren't compatible with their ROMs.

So, I thought this thread may come in handy for those of us struggling with battery life, and would like to know what kinds of numbers can be achieved. Post your battery stats here along with your setup. Include ROM, kernel, tuning, services, etc. please!

I know the Sprint M7 is kind of a dying community, but hopefully we'll get a lot of participants.