✦✦✦ [GUIDE] Build LineageOS ✦ How To use Github ✦✦✦

Search This thread

dmbardal

Did you already repo sync source and built your custom successfully?

I did a repo sync over the night, and now successfully got the proprietary blobs from a pre-built custom LineageROM (older build),
but I got an error.

I'm retrying everything now to see where it went wrong.

Question: Do I HAVE to do repo sync, or can I do repo sync -c to get only the current branch?

FSadino

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 27, 2011
Blue River City
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
I did a repo sync over the night, and now successfully got the proprietary blobs from a pre-built custom LineageROM (older build),
but I got an error.

I'm retrying everything now to see where it went wrong.

Question: Do I HAVE to do repo sync, or can I do repo sync -c to get only the current branch?

To get proper blobs you have two options:

1. Read this guide and jump to Extract proprietary blobs

OR

2. Search for proper blobs on https://github.com/TheMuppets and add it to your android/system/.repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml

You have talked about github.com/lineageos/android_device_xiaomi_capricorn, this is not device blobs, this is your device tree.
Blobs are placed on android/system/vendor/...

dmbardal

To get proper blobs you have two options:

1. Read this guide and jump to Extract proprietary blobs

OR

2. Search for proper blobs on https://github.com/TheMuppets and add it to your android/system/.repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml

You have talked about github.com/lineageos/android_device_xiaomi_capricorn, this is not device blobs, this is your device tree.
Blobs are placed on android/system/vendor/...

Aah, that makes more sense.

I extracted the blobs from an older (a few weeks) .zip that I flashed.
Will it make a difference if I use that over if I get it from https://github.com/TheMuppets for example?
Are proper blobs updated so it will change things? Camera-quality, WiFi etc. etc.?
Or is all this in github.com/lineageos/android_device_xiaomi_capricorn when they update it?

Also, since I build it for "capricorn" (Mi5s) - Can I just keep github.com/lineageos/android_device_xiaomi_capricorn open, and then repo sync when I see there are changes there, and then rebuild again?

Edit:

"Looking for dependencies in device/xiaomi/capricorn
Looking for dependencies in device/xiaomi/msm8996-common
Looking for dependencies in device/qcom/common
Dependencies file not found, bailing out."

This ends with an error (make failed to build some targets), and this is the only thing I can find that might be wrong.
Would this be my fault with the blob I extracted from the .zip ?

Last edited:

micku7zu

Oct 8, 2010
Cluj-Napoca
Hi guys, I have a similar problem with xiaomi capricorn.

I followed the guide step by step and replaced device name with "capricorn" and I got this error:

Code:
Starting build with ninja
ninja: Entering directory `.'
ninja: error: '/root/android/lineage/out/target/product/capricorn/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libinit_msm8996_intermediates/export_includes', needed by '/root/android/lineage/out/target/product/capricorn/obj/EXECUTABLES/init_intermediates/import_includes', missing and no known rule to make it
build/core/ninja.mk:151: recipe for target 'ninja_wrapper' failed
make: *** [ninja_wrapper] Error 1
make: Leaving directory '/root/android/lineage'

#### make failed to build some targets (33 seconds) ####

Do you know what I missed or what I need to do? I checked every step from the build guide and I did it exactly the same...

Here is the full output: https://pastebin.com/Qt8EPEq2

Thanks guys

FSadino

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 27, 2011
Blue River City
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
Aah, that makes more sense.

I extracted the blobs from an older (a few weeks) .zip that I flashed.
Will it make a difference if I use that over if I get it from https://github.com/TheMuppets for example?
Are proper blobs updated so it will change things? Camera-quality, WiFi etc. etc.?

Yes, if you use blobs from TheMuppets you will have them updated every time you sync/build

Also, since I build it for "capricorn" (Mi5s) - Can I just keep github.com/lineageos/android_device_xiaomi_capricorn open, and then repo sync when I see there are changes there, and then rebuild again?

What you mean by "keep github.com/lineageos...... open"?

Edit:

"Looking for dependencies in device/xiaomi/capricorn
Looking for dependencies in device/xiaomi/msm8996-common
Looking for dependencies in device/qcom/common
Dependencies file not found, bailing out."

This ends with an error (make failed to build some targets), and this is the only thing I can find that might be wrong.
Would this be my fault with the blob I extracted from the .zip ?

This error is because lineageos does not have built for capricorn yet.

paultsr

May 18, 2014
Kerala
How-to Build LineageOS 14.1

This guide was taken from Official LineageOS wiki and all credits goes to LineageOS Maintainers :D

Introduction

These instructions will hopefully assist you to start with a stock device, unlock the bootloader (if necessary), and then download the required tools as well as the very latest source code for LineageOS (based on Google’s Android operating system) for your device. Using these, you can build both LineageOS and LineageOS Recovery image from source code, and then install them both to your device.

It is difficult to say how much experience is necessary to follow these instructions. While this guide is certainly not for the very very very uninitiated, these steps shouldn’t require a PhD in software development either. Some readers will have no difficulty and breeze through the steps easily. Others may struggle over the most basic operation. Because people’s experiences, backgrounds, and intuitions differ, it may be a good idea to read through just to ascertain whether you feel comfortable or are getting over your head.

Remember, you assume all risk of trying this, but you will reap the rewards! It’s pretty satisfying to boot into a fresh operating system you baked at home :). And once you’re an Android-building ninja, there will be no more need to wait for “nightly” builds from anyone. You will have at your fingertips the skills to build a full operating system from code to a running device, whenever you want. Where you go from there– maybe you’ll add a feature, fix a bug, add a translation, or use what you’ve learned to build a new app or port to a new device– or maybe you’ll never build again– it’s all really up to you.

What you’ll need

* A device (supported by LineageOS)
* A relatively recent 64-bit computer (Linux, OS X, or Windows) with a reasonable amount of RAM and about 100 GB of free storage (more if you enable ccache or build for multiple devices). The less RAM you have, the longer the build will take (aim for 8 GB or more). Using SSDs results in considerably faster build times than traditional hard drives.
* A USB cable compatible with the OnePlus One (typically micro USB)
* A decent internet connection & reliable electricity :)
* Some familiarity with basic Android operation and terminology. It would help if you’ve installed custom roms on other devices and are familiar with recovery. It may also be useful to know some basic command line concepts such as cd for “change directory”, the concept of directory hierarchies, that in Linux they are separated by /. etc.

Build LineageOS and LineageOS Recovery

Install the SDK

If you haven’t previously installed adb and fastboot, you can download them from Google. Extract it using:

Now we have to add adb and fastboot to our path. Open ~/.profile and add the following:

Then, run this to update your environment.

Install the build packages

Several packages are needed to build LineageOS. You can install these using your distribution’s package manager.

You’ll need:

For Ubuntu 15.10 (wily) and newer, substitute:

lib32-readline-gplv2-dev → lib32readline6-dev

For Ubuntu 16.04 (xenial) and newer, substitute:

libwxgtk2.8-dev → libwxgtk3.0-dev

Java

Different versions of LineageOS require different JDK (Java Development Kit) versions.

LineageOS 11.0-13.0: OpenJDK 1.7 (install openjdk-7-jdk)*
LineageOS 14.1: OpenJDK 1.8 (install openjdk-8-jdk)

* Ubuntu 16.04 and newer do not have OpenJDK 1.7 in the standard package repositories. See Ask Ubuntu question How do I install openjdk 7 on Ubuntu 16.04 or higher Note that the suggestion to use PPA openjdk-r is outdated (the PPA has never updated their offering of openjdk-7-jdk, so it lacks security fixes); skip that answer even if it is the most upvoted.

Create the directories

You’ll need to set up some directories in your build environment.

To create them:

Install the repo command

Enter the following to download the repo binary and make it executable (runnable):

Put the ~/bin directory in your path of execution

In recent versions of Ubuntu, ~/bin should already be in your PATH. You can check this by opening ~/.profile with a text editor and verifying the following code exists (add it if it is missing):

Then, use this to update your environment.

Initialise the LineageOS source repository

Enter the following to initialize the repository:

Download the source code

To start the download of the source code to your computer:

The Lineage manifests include a sensible default configuration for repo, which we strongly suggest you use (i.e. don’t add any options to sync). For reference, our default values are -j 4 and -c. The -j 4 part means that there will be four simultaneous threads/connections. If you experience problems syncing, you can lower this to -j 3 or -j 2. -c will ask repo to pull in only the current branch, instead of the entire LineageOS history.

Prepare the device-specific code

After the source downloads, ensure you’re in the root of the source code (cd ~/android/system), then type:
You have to change DEVICE with the codename of your device (for example: Oneplus ONE codename is bacon)

This will download your device’s device specific configuration and kernel.

Important:Some maintainers require a vendor directory to be populated before breakfast will succeed. If you receive an error here about vendor makefiles, jump down to Extract proprietary blobs. The first portion of breakfast should have succeded, and after completing you can rerun breakfast

Extract proprietary blobs

Now ensure your device is connected to your computer via the USB cable, with ADB and root enabled, and that you are in the ~/android/system/device/your_device/codename folder. Then run the extract-files.sh script:

The blobs should be pulled into the ~/android/system/vendor/your_device folder. If you see “command not found” errors, adb may need to be placed in ~/bin.

Turn on caching to speed up build

You can speed up subsequent builds by running:

And adding that line to your ~/.bashrc file. Then, specify the maximum amount of disk space you want cache to use by typing this from the top of your Android tree:

Where 50G corresponds to 50GB of cache. This needs to be run once. Anywhere from 25GB-100GB will result in very noticeably increased build speeds (for instance, a typical 1hr build time can be reduced to 20min). If you’re only building for one device, 25GB-50GB is fine. If you plan to build for several devices that do not share the same kernel source, aim for 75GB-100GB. This space will be permanently occupied on your drive, so take this into consideration. See more information about ccache on Google’s Android build environment initialization page.

Configure jack

Jack is the new Java compiler used from Lineage 14. It is known to run out of memory

Simple fix is to run this command:

Adding that command to your ~/.bashrc file will automatically configure Jack to allocate a sufficient amount of memory.
If this doesn't help, you can reduce the number of Jacks to 1 in config.properties

$HOME/.jack-server/config.properties
jack.server.max-service=1

Start the build

Time to start building! Now, type:

Remember, device is the codename for your device

The build should begin.

Install the build

Assuming the build completed without errors (it will be obvious when it finishes), type the following in the terminal window the build ran in:

There you’ll find all the files that were created. The two files we’re interested in are:

recovery.img, which is the LineageOS recovery image.
lineage-14.1-build_date-UNOFFICIAL-device.zip, which is the LineageOS installer package.

Success! So… what’s next?

You’ve done it! Welcome to the elite club of self-builders. You’ve built your operating system from scratch, from the ground up. You are the master/mistress of your domain… and hopefully you’ve learned a bit on the way and had some fun too.
Now, what to do next? You can jump to next section of this guide to understand how GIT works and how to pick some commits from other developers/teams to improve your custom ROM

I had deleted the following folders :

rm -rf external/gello-build/
rm -rf packages/apps/Browser/
rm -rf packages/apps/Gello
After deleting the folder Gello using " rm -rf packages/apps/Gello" and typing repo sync, i got the following errors(check the attachment for more details) :

Code:
Shared project LineageOS/android_hardware_ril found, disabling pruning.
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by checkout:
	default.xml
	snippets/cm.xml
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can switch branches.
Aborting
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by checkout:
	runtime/arch/arm/instruction_set_features_arm.cc
Aborting
	libc/Android.bp
	libc/NOTICE
	libc/arch-arm/arm.mk
Aborting
Aborting
	app/src/main/res/values-fr/strings.xml
Aborting
Syncing work tree: 100% (603/603), done.  

external/ahbottomnavigation/: discarding 14 commits
external/chromium-webview/: discarding 1 commits
error: android/: LineageOS/android checkout f9ffaa13831a339482c2520eb03e8f9d0d17e3d6 
error: art/: LineageOS/android_art checkout 8b0b7302c8c24e12a840de15f0c8b7b95d42ab6b 
error: vendor/cmsdk/samples/weatherproviderservice/WundergroundWeatherProvider/: LineageOS/android_packages_apps_WundergroundWeatherProvider checkout 5de40fe35de6495525a42132aa2aef44b340b802
http://6052.kissr.com/LineageOS/e0.png
http://6052.kissr.com/LineageOS/e1.png
http://6052.kissr.com/LineageOS/e2.png
http://6052.kissr.com/LineageOS/repo_sync_error.txt

What should i do now??Help me.I have been spending alot of time just to compile and build a ROM.

Last edited by a moderator:

satcom886

Jan 10, 2016
Hey, I would like to ask a question. One LOS builder just stopped maintaining Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus (GT-I9105P, also known as s2vep). He has complete device tree, kernel sources and compatibility patches. I have access to a device running his latest build 14.1-20170118-UNOFFICIAL-i9105p (which is pretty old, but it is still LOS 14.1). I would like to know if I can use his device tree and kernel source to build up-to-date LOS builds. I have successfully built LOS for kccat6 (SM-G901F), but that device is officially supported, the S2 is not. I asked him for build guide already, but he does not respond and I don't know if it is because it's too difficult to build for an unofficial device or because he simply doesn't use XDA anymore...
Can you help me, please?
Link to the thread: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2-plus/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-14-1-t3524368

FSadino

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 27, 2011
Blue River City
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
Hey, I would like to ask a question. One LOS builder just stopped maintaining Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus (GT-I9105P, also known as s2vep). He has complete device tree, kernel sources and compatibility patches. I have access to a device running his latest build 14.1-20170118-UNOFFICIAL-i9105p (which is pretty old, but it is still LOS 14.1). I would like to know if I can use his device tree and kernel source to build up-to-date LOS builds. I have successfully built LOS for kccat6 (SM-G901F), but that device is officially supported, the S2 is not. I asked him for build guide already, but he does not respond and I don't know if it is because it's too difficult to build for an unofficial device or because he simply doesn't use XDA anymore...
Can you help me, please?
Link to the thread: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2-plus/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-14-1-t3524368

Yes, if you have device tree and supported kernel to your device, you can sync lineage source and add device tree and kernel to your local manifests

Reactions: tripLr

mrllvllinh

Jan 24, 2017
LineageOS does not support note 4 n9100. this guide will help me build a ROM for n9100??? Im a new member!

paultsr

May 18, 2014
Kerala
can i emulate or run my ROM in laptop before flashing it to my phone?

i had built the ROM using the following commands :
Code:
breakfast surnia user
brunch surnia user
I tried to run it on my laptop using the command "emulator", but i got the following error :
HTML:
emulator: ERROR: Can't find 'Linux version ' string in kernel image file: /home/paul/android/lineage/out/target/product/surnia/kernel

infixremix

Jan 12, 2017

I tried to run it on my laptop using the command "emulator", but i got the following error :
emulator: ERROR: Can't find 'Linux version ' string in kernel image file: /home/paul/android/lineage/out/target/product/surnia/kernel

No

FSadino

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 27, 2011
Blue River City
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
Code:
breakfast surnia user
brunch surnia user
HTML:

Yes you can. I dont have information about that but you can search about it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fs25.postimg.org%2Fk4tz2dr2n%2Flineageos_logo.jpg

How-to Build LineageOS

Introduction

These instructions will hopefully assist you to start with a stock device, unlock the bootloader (if necessary), and then download the required tools as well as the very latest source code for LineageOS (based on Google’s Android operating system) for your device. Using these, you can build both LineageOS and LineageOS Recovery image from source code, and then install them both to your device.

It is difficult to say how much experience is necessary to follow these instructions. While this guide is certainly not for the very very very uninitiated, these steps shouldn’t require a PhD in software development either. Some readers will have no difficulty and breeze through the steps easily. Others may struggle over the most basic operation. Because people’s experiences, backgrounds, and intuitions differ, it may be a good idea to read through just to ascertain whether you feel comfortable or are getting over your head.

Remember, you assume all risk of trying this, but you will reap the rewards! It’s pretty satisfying to boot into a fresh operating system you baked at home :). And once you’re an Android-building ninja, there will be no more need to wait for “nightly” builds from anyone. You will have at your fingertips the skills to build a full operating system from code to a running device, whenever you want. Where you go from there– maybe you’ll add a feature, fix a bug, add a translation, or use what you’ve learned to build a new app or port to a new device– or maybe you’ll never build again– it’s all really up to you.

What you’ll need

* A device (supported by LineageOS)
    * A relatively recent 64-bit computer (Linux, OS X, or Windows) with a reasonable amount of RAM and about 100 GB of free storage (more if you enable ccache or build for multiple devices). The less RAM you have, the longer the build will take (aim for 8 GB or more). Using SSDs results in considerably faster build times than traditional hard drives.
    * A USB cable compatible with the OnePlus One (typically micro USB)
    * A decent internet connection & reliable electricity :)
    * Some familiarity with basic Android operation and terminology. It would help if you’ve installed custom roms on other devices and are familiar with recovery. It may also be useful to know some basic command line concepts such as cd for “change directory”, the concept of directory hierarchies, that in Linux they are separated by /. etc.

Summary

1. Install SDK
    2. Install build packages
    3. Java
    4. Create the directories
    5. Install the repo command
    6. Initialize the LineageOS source repository
    7. Download the source code
    8.Prepare the device-specific code
    9. Extract proprietary blobs
    10. Turn on caching to speed up build
    11. Configure jack
    12. Start the build
    13. Install the build

Build LineageOS and LineageOS Recovery​

1. Install SDK

If you haven’t previously installed adb and fastboot, you can download them from Google. Extract it using:
    Code:
    unzip platform-tools-latest-linux.zip -d ~

Now we have to add adb and fastboot to our path. Open ~/.profile and add the following:

Code:
    # add Android SDK platform tools to path
    if [ -d "$HOME/platform-tools" ] ; then
        PATH="$HOME/platform-tools:$PATH"
    fi

Then, run this to update your environment.
    Code:
    source ~/.profile

2. Install build packages

Several packages are needed to build LineageOS. You can install these using your distribution’s package manager.

You’ll need:

Code:
    bc bison build-essential ccache curl flex g++-multilib gcc-multilib git gnupg gperf imagemagick lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline-dev lib32z1-dev liblz4-tool libncurses5-dev libsdl1.2-dev libssl-dev libwxgtk3.0-dev libxml2 libxml2-utils lzop pngcrush rsync schedtool squashfs-tools xsltproc zip zlib1g-dev

For Ubuntu versions older than 16.04 (xenial), substitute:

libwxgtk3.0-dev → libwxgtk2.8-dev

3. Java

Different versions of LineageOS require different JDK (Java Development Kit) versions.

LineageOS 11.0-13.0: OpenJDK 1.7 (install openjdk-7-jdk)*
    LineageOS 14.1: OpenJDK 1.8 (install openjdk-8-jdk)

* Ubuntu 16.04 and newer do not have OpenJDK 1.7 in the standard package repositories. See Ask Ubuntu question How do I install openjdk 7 on Ubuntu 16.04 or higher Note that the suggestion to use PPA openjdk-r is outdated (the PPA has never updated their offering of openjdk-7-jdk, so it lacks security fixes); skip that answer even if it is the most upvoted.

4. Create the directories

You’ll need to set up some directories in your build environment.

To create them:

Code:
    $ mkdir -p ~/bin
    $ mkdir -p ~/android/system

5. Install the repo command

Enter the following to download the repo binary and make it executable (runnable):

Code:
    $ curl https://storage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo
    $ chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

Put the ~/bin directory in your path of execution

In recent versions of Ubuntu, ~/bin should already be in your PATH. You can check this by opening ~/.profile with a text editor and verifying the following code exists (add it if it is missing):

Code:
    # set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
    if [ -d "$HOME/bin" ] ; then
        PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH"
    fi

Then, use this to update your environment.

Code:
    source ~/.profile

6. Initialise the LineageOS source repository

Enter the following to initialize the repository:

Code:
    $ cd ~/android/system
    $ repo init -u https://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b lineage-16.0

7. Download the source code

To start the download of the source code to your computer:

Code:
    $ repo sync

The Lineage manifests include a sensible default configuration for repo, which we strongly suggest you use (i.e. don’t add any options to sync). For reference, our default values are -j 4 and -c. The -j 4 part means that there will be four simultaneous threads/connections. If you experience problems syncing, you can lower this to -j 3 or -j 2. -c will ask repo to pull in only the current branch, instead of the entire LineageOS history.

8. Prepare the device-specific code

After the source downloads, ensure you’re in the root of the source code (cd ~/android/system), then type:
    You have to change DEVICE with the codename of your device (for example: Oneplus ONE codename is bacon)

Code:
    $ source build/envsetup.sh
    $ breakfast "DEVICE"

This will download your device’s device specific configuration and kernel.

Important: Some maintainers require a vendor directory to be populated before breakfast will succeed. If you receive an error here about vendor makefiles, jump down to Extract proprietary blobs. The first portion of breakfast should have succeded, and after completing you can rerun breakfast

9. Extract proprietary blobs

Method 1
    Now ensure your device is connected to your computer via the USB cable, with ADB and root enabled, and that you are in the ~/android/system/device/your_device/codename folder. Then run the extract-files.sh script:

Code:
    $ ./extract-files.sh

The blobs should be pulled into the ~/android/system/vendor/your_device folder. If you see “command not found” errors, adb may need to be placed in ~/bin.

Method 2 (Recomended)
    Search for your device blobs on TheMuppets or Donkeycoiote and add them to local manifest

10. Turn on caching to speed up build

You can speed up subsequent builds by running:

Code:
    $ export USE_CCACHE=1

And adding that line to your ~/.bashrc file. Then, specify the maximum amount of disk space you want cache to use by typing this from the top of your Android tree:

Code:
    $ prebuilts/misc/linux-x86/ccache/ccache -M 50.0G

Where 50G corresponds to 50GB of cache. This needs to be run once. Anywhere from 25GB-100GB will result in very noticeably increased build speeds (for instance, a typical 1hr build time can be reduced to 20min). If you’re only building for one device, 25GB-50GB is fine. If you plan to build for several devices that do not share the same kernel source, aim for 75GB-100GB. This space will be permanently occupied on your drive, so take this into consideration. See more information about ccache on Google’s Android build environment initialization page.

11. Configure jack

Jack is the new Java compiler used from Lineage 14. It is known to run out of memory

Simple fix is to run this command:

Code:
    $ export JACK_SERVER_VM_ARGUMENTS="-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -XX:+TieredCompilation -Xmx4096m"

Adding that command to your ~/.bashrc file will automatically configure Jack to allocate a sufficient amount of memory.
    If this doesn't help, you can reduce the number of Jacks to 1 in config.properties

$HOME/.jack-server/config.properties
    jack.server.max-service=1

12. Start the build

Time to start building! Now, type:

Code:
    $ croot
    $ brunch [COLOR="red"]device[/COLOR]

Remember, device is the codename for your device

The build should begin.

13. Install the build

Assuming the build completed without errors (it will be obvious when it finishes), type the following in the terminal window the build ran in:

Code:
    $ cd $OUT

There you’ll find all the files that were created. The two files we’re interested in are:

recovery.img, which is the LineageOS recovery image.
    lineage-14.1-build_date-UNOFFICIAL-device.zip, which is the LineageOS installer package.

Success! So… what’s next?​

You’ve done it! Welcome to the elite club of self-builders. You’ve built your operating system from scratch, from the ground up. You are the master/mistress of your domain… and hopefully you’ve learned a bit on the way and had some fun too.
    Now, what to do next? You can jump to next section of this guide to understand how Github works and how to pick some commits from other developers/teams to improve your custom ROM​

This guide was taken from Official LineageOS wiki and all credits goes to LineageOS Maintainers :D

What is Github and how to use it

GitHub is a code hosting platform for version control and collaboration. It lets you and others work together on projects from anywhere. It is a powerful tool with many features available and here i´m going to talk about how you can use it to help you build and customize your "Custom ROM"

Summary

1. Repositories
    2. How to add/remove repositories
    3. How to add/remove remotes
    4. Repository Fork

1. Repositories

Now that you have built custom lineage from source to your device, you can explore deeper and see how things work and change them according to your needs.
    First we are going to se what is inside .repo folder

Code:
    cd ~/working_dir/.repo
    ls

It will show you something similar to this:

Captura_de_ecr_2017-09-07_22-39-15.png

Inside the .repo folder are the necessary "manifest files" that tell the repo sync command what to include or remove from our project when synchronizing with the source

Open manifest.xml

Code:
     gedit ~/working_dir/.repo/manifest.xml

Inside that file you have all information about which repositories belongs to source. These are the base repositories to build LineageOS.
    Inside ~/working_dir/.repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml you can see the repositories needed to build for your specific device. This file is created after breakfast device step and includes, besides others, device tree and kernel.

2. How to add/remove repositories

Lets take a look at how we use roomservice.xml to add/remove repo's from our project, i will use Oneplus ONE device tree for example

Code:
     <project name="LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_bacon" path="device/oneplus/bacon" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />

* project name="LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_bacon Name of repository (without https://github.com)
    * path="device/oneplus/bacon" Here is where the files will reside in our working directory
    * remote="github" Is the for remote we are using, in this case is github (see below how to add/remove remotes to your project)
    * revision="cm-14.1" Revision is the branch we want to sync

Image:
    Captura_de_ecr_2017-09-08_20-03-54.png

3. How to add/remove remotes

Code:
    <remote fetch="https://github.com" name="github" />

* remote fetch="https://github.com Url for remote you want to add to your project (in this case, we are working with github)

* name="github" This is the name for remote

Now that you understand the concept of repository, you can "fork" one and start making your
    changes and keep it up to date with LineageOS source. For that, you need a Github Account.​

4. Repository Fork

In this example, i will fork Oneplus ONE device tree

1. Create Github Account

2. Go to https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_bacon and tap on Fork button. After that you can see that repository on you Github account

Image:

Captura_de_ecr_2017-09-08_21-23-01.png

3. Now that you have "forked" one repository, you need to edit ~/working_dir/.repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml and change the default location to your location on your github.[/SIZE]

Image:

Captura_de_ecr_2017-09-08_21-31-19.png

This is the basic steps you need to understand how to use Github to keep your code saved and updated. On next section, i will tell you how use Git so you can work on your project and start to pick some cool commits from others projects.
    if I have a unsopported device (zuk z2 pro) how can sobstitute the breakfast and brunch command?

This thread is for supported devices, that will be my next guide
    A3 2017

Hi , I have Galaxy A3 2017 I got to point of breakfast and I cound download files for my phone. What I have to do if I want to have Lineage OS Nuggat in my phone. I hate original rom :-{

breakfast a3y17lte
    including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh
    build/core/product_config.mk:249: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "lineage_a3y17lte". Stop.
    build/core/product_config.mk:249: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "cm_a3y17lte". Stop.
    build/core/product_config.mk:249: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "lineage_a3y17lte". Stop.
    Device a3y17lte not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from LineageOS Github
    Repository for a3y17lte not found in the LineageOS Github repository list. If this is in error, you may need to manually add it to your local_manifests/roomservice.xml.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'lineage_a3y17lte'
    ** Do you have the right repo manifest?

Is that mean that I have to wait for support from LineageOS dvlpr team <?
    Roman