[RECOVERY LOCKED] Safestrap Recovery v3.71 [2013-12-27 EXFAT Fix]

Search This thread

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
VERIZON SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 (JFLTEVZW)

THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN UPDATED BY A COMMUNITY MEMBER. SEE HERE.

*** DISCLAIMER ***
I work on projects that may brick your device. Don't sue me, hate me or try and kill my dog if that happens. I will feel bad the community will feel bad and hopefully we'll find a way to get you going again. But, the very nature of my projects involves a certain amount of risk taken by YOU. And by using the projects that I work on, you've accepted that fact.

CURRENTLY THERE IS AN UNKNOWN ISSUE WHERE IF YOU HAVE ENCRYPTION ENABLED AND INSTALL SS IT BOOTLOOPS. IF YOU FIT THIS DESCRIPTION PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM SAFESTRAP FOR NOW.

CURRENT PROJECT STATUS:
v3.71: Debugging some rom-slot issues (almost stable)
v3.65: Stable for ME7/MI1 builds

WHAT IS SAFESTRAP?

Safestrap is a Bootstrap / Recovery for locked bootloader phones. The goal is to avoid touching your primary system (I'll call this "stock" system) and only flash or make large changes to another place on your phone that Safestrap treats as a "2nd system" (in this case, it's a series of virtual ROM slots located on the internal emmc area: "/sdcard"). Once installed, you will see a "Splashscreen" giving you the option to hit "menu" to enter recovery. The recovery portion of Safestrap is now based on TWRP 2.6.1.0 (a touch based recovery) and you can perform .zip installs, backups and restores here. The additional features I've added to TWRP are mostly located under the "Boot Options" menu:

1. Here you can create virtual ROM-slots (2 on the S4 due to partition size and internal space) for flashing ROMs. These ROM-slots allow for 3 different sizes of /data partitions: 1GB, 2GB and 3GB. NOTE: The bigger you make the /data partition the less room you will have to make other ROM-slots.
  2. You can activate a new ROM-slot by choosing the slot you wish to make active and then selecting the "Activate" button. Once active, you will see the "rom-slot#" up in the top of the screen shown in green. If you make the "stock" ROM active, then you can see it in the top shown in red.
  3. Once a ROM-slot is active, all actions you would normally perform using TWRP are directed to that ROM-slot. For example, "Install" to flash a .zip, backup and restore.

For more information you can read up here:
http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/how-to-safestrap/

HOW DO I INSTALL SAFESTRAP?

1. Requirement: Root
  2. Requirement: Allow APK install from Unknown Sources
  3. Download the Safestrap APK
  4. Find the APK using a Filemanager tool and open it on your device, then click "Install".
  5. (If updating from an existing Safestrap you might be warned that this will over-write the existing installation. Click the "Yes" equivalent to this message.)
  6. Once installed, open up the Safestrap application as you would any other app.
  7. Agree to the disclaimer that you won't try to sue me and hunt me down with a rifle if you manage to break your phone..
  8. Then use the "Install Recovery" button. You should see the current version down in the lower left corner of the window. And the "Status:" should say "Installed" when you're done.
  9. From there you can reboot and you *should* see a new splash screen during the boot up. While this is showing you can enter Safestrap Recovery using the [ menu ] button.
  10. That's it for the installation! Read below for a brief overview of Safestrap Recovery v3.x

HOW DO I ENTER RECOVERY?

During each reboot a splashscreen will be displayed showing whether the device is running a rom-slot or on the "Stock ROM".
Press under the button shown on the screen to either enter "RECOVERY" or "CONTINUE" booting.
By "under", I mean on the touch key portion of the front display on either side of the center button.

DOWNLOADS:
CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE USING A VERIZON WIRELESS SAMSUNG GALAXY S4

FOR USERS OF MJ7/MK2:
USE 3.71+:BETA Safestrap-JFLTEVZW-3.71.apk (updated 2013-12-27)
Mirror 1: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/jfltevzw

FOR USERS OF ME7/MI1:
USE v3.65 ONLY!: Safestrap-JFLTEVZW-3.65.apk (updated 2013-11-15)
Main XDA Downloads Page

ALSO DOWNLOAD THE KERNEL MODULES .ZIP THAT MATCHES YOUR BUILD # (FLASH THIS AFTER ROMS):
ME7: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=507
MI1: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=1342
MJ7: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=2459
MK2: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=2536

HOW TO MANUALLY REMOVE SAFESTRAP:
[ INSTRUCTIONS ONLY FOR v3.65. REMOVE VIA APK FOR v3.70+ ]

Enter adb shell from your pc:
Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
mv /system/etc/init.qcom.modem_links.sh.bin /system/etc/init.qcom.modem_links.sh
rm -rf /system/etc/safestrap
rm /system/etc/firmware/q6.mdt
ln -s /firmware/image/q6.mdt /system/etc/firmware/q6.mdt
mount -o remount,ro /system

As of version 3.6x, Safestrap Recovery is now based on TWRP 2.6.3.x. For more on TWRP you can visit their website: http://www.teamw.in/

WARNING: Safestrap is heavily modified to be "Safe" for your device. Do not download TWRP from their website and expect it to work the same way. Also TWRP does not support Safestrap, tho some issues that may come up will be TWRP dependant, please try and contact myself or look on the forums for your device for answers before hunting down TWRP people. They won't be able to help w/ Safestrap specific questions.

For the purposes of direct user testing I've established a channel on freenode.net IRC: #safestrap
I'm in the channel mostly all the time, but may not be active for discussion.

This thread is a development ONLY thread.
For discussion go here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2428226

XDA:DevDB Information
Safestrap Recovery v3.71, Tool/Utility for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
Hashcode, DeesTroy & TeamWin
Source Code: https://github.com/Hashcode/android_bootable_recovery

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.65
Stable Release Date: 2013-11-15
Current Beta Version: 3.71
Beta Release Date: 2013-12-27

Created 2013-09-12
Last Updated 2015-04-08

Attachments

• background-nonsafe.jpg
    background-nonsafe.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 57,492
  • background-safe.jpg
    background-safe.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 56,436
  • ss-3.50-01-main.jpg
    ss-3.50-01-main.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 56,717
  • ss-3.50-02-choose-romslot.jpg
    ss-3.50-02-choose-romslot.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 55,635
  • ss-3.50-03-create-romslot.jpg
    ss-3.50-03-create-romslot.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 54,975
Last edited:

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011
Reserved

MAIN MENU:

• Boot Options: This area is for managing your virtual ROM-slots. You create a new ROM-slot by clicking on one and if it doesn't exist you will be prompted to create it. Follow the on-screen guides. Once a ROM-slot is created you select that slot to activate or delete it. Under each ROM slot (once created) you can:
    • Activate: Makes the chosen ROM-slot the "current" one, where almost all of the features of TWRP affect that slot. This will also be the ROM that is booted.
    • Set Nickname: For convenience you can set a small name for each ROM-slot. This is limited to 10 characters as it will eventually be added to the beginning of backup names. This name is shown on the ROM-slot button once it is set.
    • Check FS: This performs a file system checks on the ROM-slot and fixes any errors found.
    • Delete: Delete the ROM-slot files (disabled if the ROM is active — please choose another ROM-slot to activate and then come back) USE WITH CAUTION, THERE'S NO GETTING THESE BACK UNLESS YOU HAVE BACKUPS.
  • Install: This is for flashing a .zip file to the currently active system. Currently, this is disabled for the stock system. In a future release I will enable flashing to the stock system.
  • Backup / Restore: This should be self-explanitory, but you use these options for making backups of the currently selected system. Or restoring a previously made backup to the currently selected system (regardless of where you backed it up from). DON'T RESTORE A CUSTOM ROM-SLOT BACKUP TO THE STOCK ROM. THIS WILL MOST LIKELY BRICK YOUR PHONE.
  • Mount: You can manually manage mounts here. NOTE: the "system", "data" and "cache" mounts will use the currently selected ROM-slot.
  • Wipe: Manually erase portions of the device. NOTE: You only have 1 internal and 1 external SD card. These are not "virtual" if you erase them. They are gone. Use with caution. Wiping the "system" when "stock" ROM is selected will try and keep the Safestrap hijack in place.
  • Advanced:
    • Copy Log to SD: Experienced something odd and want to report it? DO THIS and include the log when you send me the report. Otherwise, the recovery.log will disappear when you reboot.
    • Fix Permissions: This can fix up ROMs which are displaying odd force close issues, etc. You will probably never need to do this.
    • Partition SD Card: You can add ext3 partitions to the external SD card if you want. I'm not sure we have much of a need for this on our devices.
    • File Manager: This works like any other file manager inside Android. You can thank the TWRP people for this, because it is quite possibly one of the best features I've ever seen in a recovery.
    • Terminal Command: Also very handy for those once in a while moments when you have to do something via terminal but don't have adb handy. USE WITH CAUTION
    • Settings:
      • Here you can turn on and off signature verification of .zip files
      • Force MD5 sum checks on .zip files prior to flashing
      • "Use rm -rf instead of formatting" this may or may not be checked in Safestrap, but the key partitions which are signed and cannot be truely formatted will automatically use this feature
      • There are a few other checkbox options in here. Please know what you are doing.
      • Simulate most actions for theme testing. If you have this checked, Safestrap/TWRP will not perform most actions but show the dialog boxes so you can review theme elements. If you turn this on, it STAYS ON till you turn it off. And will show "SIMULATING ACTIONS" up top.
      • Set the Time Zone (use "Set Time Zone" button after choosing which time zone you want)
      • Restore Defaults. Use this to reset all options back to default as it came when you installed for the first time. Does not erase backups or ROM-slots, tho it might change the active slot.
  • Reboot: Choose from 2 options for rebooting "System" which performs a reset/reboot of the device and "Power Off" which turns the device off.

Last edited:

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011
KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Bluetooth remote control isn't working on rom-slots.

CHANGELOG:
[2013/12/27] EXFAT fix for 64gb SD cards
[2013/12/17] BETA for SElinux Builds
- Added support for new rom-slot system partition creation method to pass verification checks (THANKS @evilpotatoman for sharing the verification check info!)
- Added "Instant Stock" button support during the Safestrap Splashscreen. If you press the "HOME" button you will instantly boot to stock without having to go into Safestrap. NOTE: This is a temporary selection. The next reboot will go back into the current "active" slot.
- Added hijack rules for skipping in recovery and charge only modes
[2013/12/16] ALPHA for SElinux Builds
- New hijack to support safestrap under SElinux!
[2013/11/13] TWRP updates
[2013/11/13] "toolbox" binary / symlinks in recovery fixed
[2013/11/11] Uninstall from the APK fixed
[2013/09/17] /sdcard mounting bugfix
[2013/09/17] Hijack improments to support default rootfs files
[2013/09/17] ROM-slot image creation bugfix for size > 2gb
[2013/09/12] Much improved block device handling
[2013/09/11] Bugfix in script translation
[2013/09/11] hijack / init.rc tweaks
[2013/09/11] Bugfix for display lag / buffering issue (WIP)
[2013/09/10] Adjust "ROM-slot" display in UI
[2013/09/10] /data/media handling changes
[2013/09/06] custom twrp.fstab files
[2013/09/06] /data/media handling changes

Last edited:

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
Awesome, even though I have MDK Bootloader and can flash away, this is awesome news and great work @HasH..

ncdub

Apr 29, 2010
Greensboro
I rooted and recovered my MDK phone prior to the update but, I love seeing community members working I'm this!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

h311sdr0id

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 20, 2011
This is GREAT. A positive step forward towards freedom. Thank you for taking the time to do something that will help others for no cost at all. People tend to forget that what we do here is for FREE and because we believe in something bigger. Thank you again for all the time you put into this.

-h311sdr0id

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
I hope that by "now" you don't mean "at this very moment". There aren't any useable ROMs for SS at the moment. Plus SS isn't totally ready.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

Well, its available for download. I'm on MDK and while there aren't any usable ROMs I will be downloading it just to check it out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cicuye

stvn2569

Nov 10, 2010
How do you know if you have an encrypted gs4?

"Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"
"Oderint Dum Metuant"

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
Hash I remember u from the droid razr dayz and over on droidhive. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my Beastly powered Hyperdrived S4 using Tapatalk 4

joshw0000

Jun 15, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Nice work. I'll be watching this. Chances are I'll be flashing the stock recovery and safestrapping. I love dual (or more) booting.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Google Pixel Tablet
How do you know if you have an encrypted gs4?

"Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"
"Oderint Dum Metuant"

You encrypted it in security settings because you had to.
It will ask you for a pin or password.
Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Soft bricked my encrypted GS4 running ME 7. This time the SS screen came up but did not go into recovery. Bootloops at VZW white logo screen, like last time. Can't get to password decryption screen, like last time. Well, time to Odin! :rolleyes:

Odin didn't fix it! Not decrypting.

Reactions: cris312

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VERIZON SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 (JFLTEVZW)

THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN UPDATED BY A COMMUNITY MEMBER. SEE HERE.

*** DISCLAIMER ***
    I work on projects that may brick your device. Don't sue me, hate me or try and kill my dog if that happens. I will feel bad the community will feel bad and hopefully we'll find a way to get you going again. But, the very nature of my projects involves a certain amount of risk taken by YOU. And by using the projects that I work on, you've accepted that fact.

CURRENTLY THERE IS AN UNKNOWN ISSUE WHERE IF YOU HAVE ENCRYPTION ENABLED AND INSTALL SS IT BOOTLOOPS. IF YOU FIT THIS DESCRIPTION PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM SAFESTRAP FOR NOW.

CURRENT PROJECT STATUS:
    v3.71: Debugging some rom-slot issues (almost stable)
    v3.65: Stable for ME7/MI1 builds

WHAT IS SAFESTRAP?

Safestrap is a Bootstrap / Recovery for locked bootloader phones. The goal is to avoid touching your primary system (I'll call this "stock" system) and only flash or make large changes to another place on your phone that Safestrap treats as a "2nd system" (in this case, it's a series of virtual ROM slots located on the internal emmc area: "/sdcard"). Once installed, you will see a "Splashscreen" giving you the option to hit "menu" to enter recovery. The recovery portion of Safestrap is now based on TWRP 2.6.1.0 (a touch based recovery) and you can perform .zip installs, backups and restores here. The additional features I've added to TWRP are mostly located under the "Boot Options" menu:

1. Here you can create virtual ROM-slots (2 on the S4 due to partition size and internal space) for flashing ROMs. These ROM-slots allow for 3 different sizes of /data partitions: 1GB, 2GB and 3GB. NOTE: The bigger you make the /data partition the less room you will have to make other ROM-slots.
    2. You can activate a new ROM-slot by choosing the slot you wish to make active and then selecting the "Activate" button. Once active, you will see the "rom-slot#" up in the top of the screen shown in green. If you make the "stock" ROM active, then you can see it in the top shown in red.
    3. Once a ROM-slot is active, all actions you would normally perform using TWRP are directed to that ROM-slot. For example, "Install" to flash a .zip, backup and restore.

For more information you can read up here:
    http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/how-to-safestrap/

HOW DO I INSTALL SAFESTRAP?

1. Requirement: Root
    2. Requirement: Allow APK install from Unknown Sources
    3. Download the Safestrap APK
    4. Find the APK using a Filemanager tool and open it on your device, then click "Install".
    5. (If updating from an existing Safestrap you might be warned that this will over-write the existing installation. Click the "Yes" equivalent to this message.)
    6. Once installed, open up the Safestrap application as you would any other app.
    7. Agree to the disclaimer that you won't try to sue me and hunt me down with a rifle if you manage to break your phone..
    8. Then use the "Install Recovery" button. You should see the current version down in the lower left corner of the window. And the "Status:" should say "Installed" when you're done.
    9. From there you can reboot and you *should* see a new splash screen during the boot up. While this is showing you can enter Safestrap Recovery using the [ menu ] button.
    10. That's it for the installation! Read below for a brief overview of Safestrap Recovery v3.x

HOW DO I ENTER RECOVERY?

During each reboot a splashscreen will be displayed showing whether the device is running a rom-slot or on the "Stock ROM".
    Press under the button shown on the screen to either enter "RECOVERY" or "CONTINUE" booting.
    By "under", I mean on the touch key portion of the front display on either side of the center button.

DOWNLOADS:
    CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE USING A VERIZON WIRELESS SAMSUNG GALAXY S4

FOR USERS OF MJ7/MK2:
    USE 3.71+:BETA Safestrap-JFLTEVZW-3.71.apk (updated 2013-12-27)

FOR USERS OF ME7/MI1:
    USE v3.65 ONLY!: Safestrap-JFLTEVZW-3.65.apk (updated 2013-11-15)
    Main XDA Downloads Page

ALSO DOWNLOAD THE KERNEL MODULES .ZIP THAT MATCHES YOUR BUILD # (FLASH THIS AFTER ROMS):
    ME7: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=507
    MI1: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=1342
    MJ7: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=2459
    MK2: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=2536

HOW TO MANUALLY REMOVE SAFESTRAP:
    [ INSTRUCTIONS ONLY FOR v3.65. REMOVE VIA APK FOR v3.70+ ]

Enter adb shell from your pc:
    Code:
    su
    mount -o remount,rw /system
    mv /system/etc/init.qcom.modem_links.sh.bin /system/etc/init.qcom.modem_links.sh
    rm -rf /system/etc/safestrap
    rm /system/etc/firmware/q6.mdt
    ln -s /firmware/image/q6.mdt /system/etc/firmware/q6.mdt
    mount -o remount,ro /system

As of version 3.6x, Safestrap Recovery is now based on TWRP 2.6.3.x. For more on TWRP you can visit their website: http://www.teamw.in/

WARNING: Safestrap is heavily modified to be "Safe" for your device. Do not download TWRP from their website and expect it to work the same way. Also TWRP does not support Safestrap, tho some issues that may come up will be TWRP dependant, please try and contact myself or look on the forums for your device for answers before hunting down TWRP people. They won't be able to help w/ Safestrap specific questions.

For the purposes of direct user testing I've established a channel on freenode.net IRC: #safestrap
    I'm in the channel mostly all the time, but may not be active for discussion.

This thread is a development ONLY thread.
    For discussion go here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2428226

XDA:DevDB Information
    Safestrap Recovery v3.71, Tool/Utility for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    Hashcode, DeesTroy & TeamWin
    Source Code: https://github.com/Hashcode/android_bootable_recovery

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.65
    Stable Release Date: 2013-11-15
    Current Beta Version: 3.71
    Beta Release Date: 2013-12-27

Created 2013-09-12
    Last Updated 2015-04-08
    Reserved

MAIN MENU:

• Boot Options: This area is for managing your virtual ROM-slots. You create a new ROM-slot by clicking on one and if it doesn't exist you will be prompted to create it. Follow the on-screen guides. Once a ROM-slot is created you select that slot to activate or delete it. Under each ROM slot (once created) you can:
      • Activate: Makes the chosen ROM-slot the "current" one, where almost all of the features of TWRP affect that slot. This will also be the ROM that is booted.
      • Set Nickname: For convenience you can set a small name for each ROM-slot. This is limited to 10 characters as it will eventually be added to the beginning of backup names. This name is shown on the ROM-slot button once it is set.
      • Check FS: This performs a file system checks on the ROM-slot and fixes any errors found.
      • Delete: Delete the ROM-slot files (disabled if the ROM is active — please choose another ROM-slot to activate and then come back) USE WITH CAUTION, THERE'S NO GETTING THESE BACK UNLESS YOU HAVE BACKUPS.
    • Install: This is for flashing a .zip file to the currently active system. Currently, this is disabled for the stock system. In a future release I will enable flashing to the stock system.
    • Backup / Restore: This should be self-explanitory, but you use these options for making backups of the currently selected system. Or restoring a previously made backup to the currently selected system (regardless of where you backed it up from). DON'T RESTORE A CUSTOM ROM-SLOT BACKUP TO THE STOCK ROM. THIS WILL MOST LIKELY BRICK YOUR PHONE.
    • Mount: You can manually manage mounts here. NOTE: the "system", "data" and "cache" mounts will use the currently selected ROM-slot.
    • Wipe: Manually erase portions of the device. NOTE: You only have 1 internal and 1 external SD card. These are not "virtual" if you erase them. They are gone. Use with caution. Wiping the "system" when "stock" ROM is selected will try and keep the Safestrap hijack in place.
    • Advanced:
      • Copy Log to SD: Experienced something odd and want to report it? DO THIS and include the log when you send me the report. Otherwise, the recovery.log will disappear when you reboot.
      • Fix Permissions: This can fix up ROMs which are displaying odd force close issues, etc. You will probably never need to do this.
      • Partition SD Card: You can add ext3 partitions to the external SD card if you want. I'm not sure we have much of a need for this on our devices.
      • File Manager: This works like any other file manager inside Android. You can thank the TWRP people for this, because it is quite possibly one of the best features I've ever seen in a recovery.
      • Terminal Command: Also very handy for those once in a while moments when you have to do something via terminal but don't have adb handy. USE WITH CAUTION
      • Settings:
        • Here you can turn on and off signature verification of .zip files
        • Force MD5 sum checks on .zip files prior to flashing
        • "Use rm -rf instead of formatting" this may or may not be checked in Safestrap, but the key partitions which are signed and cannot be truely formatted will automatically use this feature
        • There are a few other checkbox options in here. Please know what you are doing.
        • Simulate most actions for theme testing. If you have this checked, Safestrap/TWRP will not perform most actions but show the dialog boxes so you can review theme elements. If you turn this on, it STAYS ON till you turn it off. And will show "SIMULATING ACTIONS" up top.
        • Set the Time Zone (use "Set Time Zone" button after choosing which time zone you want)
        • Restore Defaults. Use this to reset all options back to default as it came when you installed for the first time. Does not erase backups or ROM-slots, tho it might change the active slot.
    • Reboot: Choose from 2 options for rebooting "System" which performs a reset/reboot of the device and "Power Off" which turns the device off.
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Bluetooth remote control isn't working on rom-slots.

CHANGELOG:
    [2013/12/27] EXFAT fix for 64gb SD cards
    [2013/12/17] BETA for SElinux Builds
    - Added support for new rom-slot system partition creation method to pass verification checks (THANKS @evilpotatoman for sharing the verification check info!)
    - Added "Instant Stock" button support during the Safestrap Splashscreen. If you press the "HOME" button you will instantly boot to stock without having to go into Safestrap. NOTE: This is a temporary selection. The next reboot will go back into the current "active" slot.
    - Added hijack rules for skipping in recovery and charge only modes
    [2013/12/16] ALPHA for SElinux Builds
    - New hijack to support safestrap under SElinux!
    [2013/11/13] TWRP updates
    [2013/11/13] "toolbox" binary / symlinks in recovery fixed
    [2013/11/11] Uninstall from the APK fixed
    [2013/09/17] /sdcard mounting bugfix
    [2013/09/17] Hijack improments to support default rootfs files
    [2013/09/17] ROM-slot image creation bugfix for size > 2gb
    [2013/09/12] Much improved block device handling
    [2013/09/11] Bugfix in script translation
    [2013/09/11] hijack / init.rc tweaks
    [2013/09/11] Bugfix for display lag / buffering issue (WIP)
    [2013/09/10] Adjust "ROM-slot" display in UI
    [2013/09/10] /data/media handling changes
    [2013/09/06] custom twrp.fstab files
    [2013/09/06] /data/media handling changes
    **Updated** Safestrap-I545-KitKat-v3.75 w/Working ROM Slots!

**No Mirrors Please** All precautions, limitations, and known issues stated in the OP still apply! Proceed to install and use at your own risk!

Current Version:
    [11/15/2014] - Safestrap-I545-3.75-KitKat-A03.apk [NC5/NG6/NK1] - **Prerequisites** Root Access & BusyBox! (Make certain that you open the BusyBox app after downloading from the Play Store and actually install BusyBox!)

Installation Instructions:
    1. Uninstall previous Safestrap recovery version using the Safestrap app "Uninstall Recovery" function.
    2. Uninstall the previous Safestrap app from your app drawer.
    3. Go into SuperSu settings and "forget" the previous Safestrap version's root privileges.
    4. Place the new Safestrap-I545-KitKat-3.75.apk onto your sdcard or extsdcard.
    5. Install the new Safestrap-I545-KitKat-3.75.apk.
    6. Locate and open the new Safestrap app from your app drawer and press "Install Recovery." Done!

Previous Versions:
    [11/11/2014] Safestrap-I545-3.75-KitKat-A02.apk [NC5/NG6]
    [10/19/2014] Safestrap-I545-3.75-KitKat-A01.apk [NC5/NG6]
    [Initial Release] Safestrap-I545-3.75-KitKat.apk [NC5/NG6]

Changelog:
    vA03 - [Current Version] Resolved issue where the Safestrap app would "force close" or fail to install after OTA updates. Setting SELinux to permissive is no longer required.
    vA02 - Failed! resolved "reboot from rom slot bug."
    vA01 - Added Surge1223's feature setting selinux to permissive upon install and eliminating the need for the SELinux Mode Changer app.
    v3.75 - Initial Release - Enabled ROM Slots.

Known Issues:
    1) When powering down from the ROM running on a ROM slot the phone will hang. You must long-press the power button to shut down the device. I will debug as time permits.
    2) Backups made with earlier Safestrap versions will not Restore. You must make a new backup using v3.75.
    3) Per Hashcode......."the system size is now not adjustable on 4.3. Samsung put in a verification that has issues if the partition size changes too much. So I opted to keep it exactly the same as stock."

This is a Development Thread! Therefore, please do not post comments related to ROM specific issues, favorite ROM's, that weird rash that won't go away, etc., in this thread. Please use the following thread in the General section for non-development related discussion: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-verizon/general/updated-safestrap-i545-kitkat-v3-75-rom-t2905885

Credits:
    @Hashcode
    @Surge1223 - vA01
    Just going to leave this right here.