Mime glass screen protectors

Search This thread

xfaega

Jan 8, 2007
So what your saying give ut some time to see what happens. I still don't understand how everything but the top and bottom left corners don't adhere but everything else adhered without any issues. I'll give a few more days.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
So what your saying give ut some time to see what happens. I still don't understand how everything but the top and bottom left corners don't adhere but everything else adhered without any issues. I'll give a few more days.

Thanks

the whole glass has adhesive, not just the rim.

not too sure about the top bottom part you mention, but the bubble should go away.

pgreeny69

Jun 27, 2010
I received mine today and just finished installing it about an hour ago. So far I'm pretty pleased. I have a few small air bubbles as well and hope they go away within a few days.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

mmessina

Jan 6, 2012
Wow, got mine today took about 5 minutes to take my old sp off clean and set it up.
Nice box protective and very little bubbles. Kind of pricey but I personally like it.
Not sure what kind of customer support it has but easiest installation ever.
I spend a lot of $ on sp and cases this one rates as a great addition.
:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

xfaega

Jan 8, 2007
MIME customer service is top notch. They read that I had a problem and sent me a email regarding my issue. I have yet to have any other company do this. It shows that they stand behind there product and customer satisfaction is a top priority. Know this I will be buying more products from them with confidence.

Thanks MIME

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Wait a few weeks for bubbles to start going away, or you can try to rub them away after a few days or after a few weeks.

mmessina

Jan 6, 2012
The edge of the glass is beveled smooth and not noticeable. I think jlg sort of stops at the edge, and I think this is what the reviewer was trying to say.
This is the first sp I have used that I really can't tell I am using anything.

Naked is better. :cool:

xcoldricex

Jan 14, 2011
The edge of the glass is beveled smooth and not noticeable. I think jlg sort of stops at the edge, and I think this is what the reviewer was trying to say.
This is the first sp I have used that I really can't tell I am using anything.

Naked is better. :cool:

Also just got mine today. Installation was straightforward and not very difficult. I was disappointed to see that an extra normal screen protector is no longer included in the box... in the event something goes wrong with the glass one. (I had read in a review that this was included and your next screen protector would be half off). The s pen works well although I have to admit I didnt use the pen much before putting ithe mime protector on. It doesn't cover the entire screen area- just falls short of where the otterbox commuter starts.

It feels way better than the screen protector that came with the otterbox. Happy with the purchase so far!

eazyduzit

Dec 28, 2007
Omaha
Just got mine today! Thus far I think it looks and feels good. I do have a couple little bubbles on the inside but, hopefully they go away. Also, I got a personalized note in my box did anyone else get one too?

artofwar

Mar 21, 2007
Anyone knows how does one remove this type of glass protectors, and if so, was it difficult to do so?

Anyone also find a need for a home button add-on ?

A.Priori

May 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-SaNaXROG4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Www.mimeusa.com

This video helped me with the protector. Posted it and have had it about a week. It's kinda similar to another glad protector out there. I love it. The clarity is amazing and the finger flow on the glass is great. U do have to wipe the smudges off after a bit but no biggie. The function of the S pen is great. It was a concern for me but as soon as I got it on the S pen was the first thing I tried and no problems.
I've gone through a couple other protectors because I use the S pen a lot and hated the marks left on the screens so paying the $30 didn't concern me. The only thing I have issue with us that at the edges it looks like it's not fully connected but it is. Don't really notice it unless I focus on it but all in all a great protector for someone like me that was looking for something that was sturdy and didn't leave marked when u use the pen.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

i know this is a silly question, but doesnt the phone have gorilla glass 2? i dropped mine already and no scratches on the front. just wondering if this screen is vulnerable or not

antonioeram

Jul 29, 2007
Bucharest
I have got the mime glass protector. looks great on the device. perfect fit.
the only thing a bit strange is the way the button feels since is now flanked by the glass. I guess this will pass

Since now my NOTE has mime glass, wireless charging and magic sim (dual sim) it feels a LOT heavier. but for whatever reason I like it better.
probably since I am not considering a phone but more like a tablet/computer. let me know if you want pictures

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I have got the mime glass protector. looks great on the device. perfect fit.
the only thing a bit strange is the way the button feels since is now flanked by the glass. I guess this will pass

Since now my NOTE has mime glass, wireless charging and magic sim (dual sim) it feels a LOT heavier. but for whatever reason I like it better.
probably since I am not considering a phone but more like a tablet/computer. let me know if you want pictures

Almost a copy of mine, glass sp, wireless charging, triple sim, oh, you also need the aluminum button.:p

Reactions: antonioeram

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-SaNaXROG4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Www.mimeusa.com

This video helped me with the protector. Posted it and have had it about a week. It's kinda similar to another glad protector out there. I love it. The clarity is amazing and the finger flow on the glass is great. U do have to wipe the smudges off after a bit but no biggie. The function of the S pen is great. It was a concern for me but as soon as I got it on the S pen was the first thing I tried and no problems.
    I've gone through a couple other protectors because I use the S pen a lot and hated the marks left on the screens so paying the $30 didn't concern me. The only thing I have issue with us that at the edges it looks like it's not fully connected but it is. Don't really notice it unless I focus on it but all in all a great protector for someone like me that was looking for something that was sturdy and didn't leave marked when u use the pen.

Can someone post pictures of their actual MIME protector installed?

Here are a couple of pics of the Mime screen protector :)
    No I didn't buy the home button. It's a bit recessed but it's not bad and I don't have any problems with turning on the phone. So fast no loss in touch sensitivity, I love this protector. I wanted a protector like this for a long time and now that it is I'm happy. A lot of smudges but a quick wipe and clear as anything.
    I ordered another one for my wife and it seems the order is delayed. I haven't heard anything from the company but my last order took 4 days to get to me.

Hi

Is this what it looks like, this is the one I have and I'm like you very happy with it.

If you want me to remove this post just let me know, since it's not actually the mime protector.

This is what it looks like on my phone.

Hi Vectron, I'm trying to decide between MIME and Seidio for a glass protector for my Note 2 and hoping you can weigh in here. Do you happen to have a comparison between the two? The small size of the Seidio concerns me since it requires having more of the edge of the phone completely exposed.

That's a tough call because I never tried MIME and can only base my opinion from reading 18-pages of comments in this forum :D What I see in common, tempered glass is obviously rigid in comparison to PET film so the cut makes a BIG difference since GN2 glass is curved toward the edges. So if you have to make a call on how wide it should be and considering that glass is thicker and thus edges will be more noticeable - I think the cut right at the edge of visible LCD portion of the screen looks very clean (VITREO). Regarding not having a full screen protection, if you have a decent case with a lip - it won't matter much since the exposed part (with UAG case it's about 2.5-3mm) will not come in contact with surface and any impact directed at the glass has a lot higher probability of lending in the middle anyway (like if you drop it on a sharp or protruding object).

From what I gathered, people with MIME tempered glass have issues with bubbles around edges and some bubbles in the middle that take awhile to clear up, etc. But the product has a price advantage and offers a wider coverage, although at the expense of edges not always sticking (maybe it was in early version and fixed now?!?). Vitreo I believe is a higher quality product but it comes at a higher price as well, and also smaller cutout. I also heard from a few people that touch sensitivity of MIME is not the best, something I can't complain about with Vitreo. Actually the opposite, I feel it's a bit oversensitive which could be part of a slippery glass I still getting used to after having iSmooth protector for 3+ months. Maybe it's just a combination of slippery glass and oleophobic coating which might wear out after a while. But I have noticed on a few occasions with Vitreo where I have to touch'n'hold the link my fingers slides a little down so I have to respond faster in these situation.

Maybe someone who tried both can chime in? The problem is that with tempered glass being so expensive if it works for you, nobody going to lift it off and go on try something else :) With plastic screen protector it's easier especially when you get 2-3 in a pack. So unless you have problems or don't like it anymore, and decide to take it off and to try another one - it will be hard to find someone who played with both. And even if you have some issues with edges not sticking, some people just accept it and live with it.
    Can someone post pictures of their actual MIME protector installed?

Here ya go.