Standby drain

Search This thread

Sandermand

Jul 24, 2012
Its Facebook Messenger and Facebook app. Huge battery hoggers both of them. I uninstalled them both and installed Friendly for Facebook app instead. Now I have around 15-20% more battery left when its time to put the phone to charge at night.

Holy ****, i uninstalled and disabled all facebook on my S8 and installed the Lite versions. Also of messenger.

I am now also getting 4% at night. Before it was a couple of percent per hour !

Reactions: corb06

ryanpm40

Nov 7, 2010
Something I noticed recently- I used to think this thing had horrible screen on time, but it's the standby battery that really threw me off.

Having the phone in my pocket and periodically checking it throughout the work day, and then using it for an hour or two at home, I'd barely get 3.5-4 hours. However, on a boring day this weekend, I was able to get like 6 and a half hours and probably could've gotten 7 if I were using it constantly since I unplugged it.

So yeah, moral of the story: Samsung is terrible at managing standby battery. It's definitely a Samsung thing, too. LG phones have excellent standby. Unfortunately the LG phones themselves just have nothing but problems, but that's besides the point lol

Nikka93

Sep 10, 2014
Rome
This is my situation, SystemPanel seems to don't understand what is draining my battery.

Using or not the device seems to give me the same drain....

Maybe someone can understand somethings from those screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180419-215719_SystemPanel.jpg
    Screenshot_20180419-215719_SystemPanel.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 1,282
  • Screenshot_20180419-215745_SystemPanel.jpg
    Screenshot_20180419-215745_SystemPanel.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 1,297
  • Screenshot_20180419-215849_SystemPanel.jpg
    Screenshot_20180419-215849_SystemPanel.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,268
  • Screenshot_20180419-215924_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180419-215924_Settings.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 1,159

Extreemator

Jul 26, 2011
.My averege off screen consumption is about 70mah/h .it should be considered that I have the exynos version of the s7
What are you talking about, besides you shoukd never consider anything like this, exynos is cool, snap is crap due to obvious reasons. And my exynos has 0.5% drain on average and 0.3% over night with new battery capacity. Around same that my snap had, i think it was worse 0.7% per hour.
Screenshot_22.05.18_09.01.27_AccuBattery.png
Screen is for exynos, i think i've already posted snap

esmaeil mohamadi

Apr 6, 2015
hi my phone in standby very fast drain please help me to fix it
my rom is orginal

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180623-164618_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180623-164618_Settings.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 580

auris1993

May 4, 2016
Nothing Phone 2
im like 2 days geting huge drains, 20+% overnight, phone says that its google services, so i tried clean cache, remove account etc, after nothing help, i tried factory reset my phone, well after all still same :D google services draining while wifi is on, mobile data not tried, but without wifi/data all seems fine.... tried google but without success, if someone have solution, ur welcome, if not hopefuly with this month samsung update it gonna fix it....

jefft1

Sep 11, 2016
Anyone still experiencing standby drain?? I'm losing around 28% overnight with no AOD and 3G, location disabled.

gabriolinari

Dec 16, 2010
Hi guys

This seems a common problem. We have two s8's mine on 100% full charge would show 14h of potential battery time. My wife - same phone - shows 1 full day so 24 hours approx.... i have some more stuff installed than her but seems quite low numbers to me.

The phone in new and i had like 2/3 full charges only. Not using ultra HD not doing performance mode, just 4g some calls some apps, i would say medium usage.

I installed this app Accubattery and now for example on 39% it says it will do 7h50m on sceeen off. Device maintenance says 5h49m.

Accu stats

Screen on: - 9.4% per hour but more in the day with sunlight
Screen off: - 2.8% per hour

From earlier on with device maintenance:

14h23m at 11.05
9h36m at 14.06 where are 2 hours gone??

Are these number legit or is worth getting another phone? It's not even a week old.

Latest aoftware update - stock.

Thanks
Gabrio

agbva

Jan 29, 2014
Hi guys

This seems a common problem. We have two s8's mine on 100% full charge would show 14h of potential battery time. My wife - same phone - shows 1 full day so 24 hours approx.... i have some more stuff installed than her but seems quite low numbers to me.

The phone in new and i had like 2/3 full charges only. Not using ultra HD not doing performance mode, just 4g some calls some apps, i would say medium usage.

I installed this app Accubattery and now for example on 39% it says it will do 7h50m on sceeen off. Device maintenance says 5h49m.

Accu stats

Screen on: - 9.4% per hour but more in the day with sunlight
Screen off: - 2.8% per hour

From earlier on with device maintenance:

14h23m at 11.05
9h36m at 14.06 where are 2 hours gone??

Are these number legit or is worth getting another phone? It's not even a week old.

Latest aoftware update - stock.

Thanks
Gabrio

Something's not right. I'm seeing 1%, never more than 1.5%/hr battery drain while off. Also stock with latest (T-Mobile) software.

yoorie016

Jan 1, 2014
Quezon City
Samsung Galaxy S8
Do this steps and you'll have a great battery life:

1. Turn-off GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, Location, Wifi + Data (if not using)
2. Turn-off Auto-Brightness. You can adjust it anyways. I always set this below half (usually at 30%)
3. Reduce the resolution. the difference is quite small compare with 1080. If you always play game with our phone, do this adjustment. For streaming, unless you're too picky with the quality, stay at 720p
4. If you're on a place with bad signal reception, turn-on airplane mode before you sleep.
5. remove vibrations and tone when keypress

sp1312

Dec 5, 2012
Amsterdam
Do this steps and you'll have a great battery life:

1. Turn-off GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, Location, Wifi + Data (if not using)
2. Turn-off Auto-Brightness. You can adjust it anyways. I always set this below half (usually at 30%)
3. Reduce the resolution. the difference is quite small compare with 1080. If you always play game with our phone, do this adjustment. For streaming, unless you're too picky with the quality, stay at 720p
4. If you're on a place with bad signal reception, turn-on airplane mode before you sleep.
5. remove vibrations and tone when keypress

Basically you are saying to use our s8 as a Nokia 3310

yoorie016

Jan 1, 2014
Quezon City
Samsung Galaxy S8
Exactly XD kidding aside, these are the only things that I do with my phone, and it last a whole day change even with playing games (but not extensively). Im not saying that you should always follow this tips, but rather adjust things that you're not actually using, like GPS and Wifi.

sp1312

Dec 5, 2012
Amsterdam
I had replace the motherboard it was under warranty and boom...
Its a new phone with average 4 hours of Screen on time

Lucius9

Mar 29, 2021
Anyone still experiencing standby drain?? I'm losing around 28% overnight with no AOD and 3G, location disabled.
HI guys, I want to share my experience regarding s8 drain battery. I solved the problem after 2 weeks research and test. After installing custom rom, I update magisk. And I download pix3lify. The phone started to drain 25% overnight. I unistalled it and re-installed rom. And now my battery is back to normal. My phone is an SM - G950N now with lineageOS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy S8's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    Its just Samsung or other manufacturer´s also suffer from standby drain? My S8 its terrible. Android system always high. Most wake locks are from Google with Gps position (And yes, i have the maps history disabled).

It's just Samsung. I had a V30 sit on my desk untouched for over a week before it died (phenomenal phone, but I returned it for the S8+ due to its display defects). There was nothing disabled on it, no airplane mode, I just had it face-down so the always on display wouldn't drain it, which is how it should be. We shouldn't have to disable core functionality of our phone just to have it work the way it should.

It's driving me nuts. The standby is way better when I just leave my phone on airplane mode while I sleep, but obviously that isn't feasible in daily use.

Weirdly, the always on display also seems to drain the S8 much faster on an OLED display than the always on display on the G5, which is a completely backlit LCD screen- it makes no sense to me.
    ImsService wakelocks + voLTE causing battery drain

Hi ppl,
    I was unable to read all the pages so I don't know if someone already wrote this but my standby draining on my S8 SM-G950F, was due to ImsService wakelocks (found it thanks to GSam Battery Monitor), caused by Enhanced LTE Services being enabled (I was having 3-5%/h on standby and now I have 0,6%/h), so where is the procedure to solve this:

1st - Download and install Nova Launcher (if you don't use it yet);
    2nd - Enable the Widget "Activities" of Nova Launcher:
    3rd - Search "Phone" with 129 in front of it:
    4th - Expand and search for "Enhanced LTE Services":
    5th - Disable Enhanced LTE Services

After this I finally have my Samsung Galaxy S8 with great battery life :D
    I hope this helps some users,
    Best Regards to all
    I lose about 3% an hour while I sleep. No other phone I've owned has drained that much.

I'm sure it's an app sucking the juice out of it.... I've restored it back to clean factory setting 3 times, after a few weeks it always goes back to about 3% an hour.

I uses Gsam battery monitor, but it shows nothing out of the ordinary other than: System, Samsux DeX (which I don't use), or the Kernel is usually really high.

I LOVE everything else about this phone, other than this.

I lose 3% an hour too. I have an old Galaxy Note 3 on Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 (Android 7.1.2) that lasts 25 days on standby. It's the stupid LagWiz bloated OS!
    Hi,

can you please write some how-to?
    I do not know which services and what is AOD?

see this link (go to debloat section), https://www.xda-developers.com/the-...r-community-radically-improved-my-experience/ and click on the screen shot link to see the apps that are disabled. AOD stands for Always on Display (in settings/display).