[Q] ROM which supports USB Mass Storage on Galaxy Nexus?

Search This thread

alexs77

Mar 25, 2011
Switzerland
Hi

To my great dismal, I only noticed after having bought the Galaxy Nexus, that it doesn't support USB Mass Storage (UMS) mode :eek: I've read Dan Morrils explanation, but don't subscribe to it - since I'm on Linux and since PTP and MTP don't work too well there (at least on my two Ubuntu 11.10 installations) his statement "On the whole it's a much better experience on the phone." is just plain wrong, as far as I am concerned. The pseudo SD Card in my "old" Nexus S worked totally fine… :mad:

Oh well… Enough for the rant… :(

I'm now looking for a ROM which allows to mount the device in good ol' USB Mass Storage mode. I read that the modaco ROM supports this - but only after a "rebake" (what's meant with this?).

Are there alternatives?

Thanks,
Alexander

Reactions: Ce_Lebi

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
There is no sdcard, internal or not. There probably was on the S. The data partition and sdcard are one and the same. Sdcard is a symlink to data/media. Android does not support mounting individual folders as ums. So until someone devises a way to partition sdcard separately, you will have to live with mtp.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Reactions: hEaTLoE

ceribaen

Mar 15, 2012
I too wish there wish there was a mass storage option.

In my car - I get a constant connect/disconnect cycle when attempting to charge it via the auxilliary usb jack which renders the radio useless. Another car just failed to recognize the device and wouldn't read the directory structure, so couldn't play over usb. In both cases, iDevices work fine :/

PS - why are the captchas so darn hard to read on this forum?

anton2009

Aug 21, 2010
Lincoln, NE
I too wish there wish there was a mass storage option.

In my car - I get a constant connect/disconnect cycle when attempting to charge it via the auxilliary usb jack which renders the radio useless. Another car just failed to recognize the device and wouldn't read the directory structure, so couldn't play over usb. In both cases, iDevices work fine :/

PS - why are the captchas so darn hard to read on this forum?

Where do you see any captchas in this forum...?

ceribaen

Mar 15, 2012
I'm hoping they go away after 10 posts? But I constantly find I have to take several attempts for it to say that I got it right.

Anyway back on topic... does anyone know of any software/roms/etc that would make the usb media on your phone look more like mass storage for things like car radios to read them proper?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

To my great dismal, I only noticed after having bought the Galaxy Nexus, that it doesn't support USB Mass Storage (UMS) mode :eek: I've read Dan Morrils explanation, but don't subscribe to it - since I'm on Linux and since PTP and MTP don't work too well there (at least on my two Ubuntu 11.10 installations) his statement "On the whole it's a much better experience on the phone." is just plain wrong, as far as I am concerned. The pseudo SD Card in my "old" Nexus S worked totally fine… :mad:

Oh well… Enough for the rant… :(

I'm now looking for a ROM which allows to mount the device in good ol' USB Mass Storage mode. I read that the modaco ROM supports this - but only after a "rebake" (what's meant with this?).

Are there alternatives?

Thanks,
    Alexander
    There is no sdcard, internal or not. There probably was on the S. The data partition and sdcard are one and the same. Sdcard is a symlink to data/media. Android does not support mounting individual folders as ums. So until someone devises a way to partition sdcard separately, you will have to live with mtp.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA