[Kernel][Apr 26] Perseus

Search This thread

AndreiLux

Jul 9, 2011
This is a direct port of my kernel on the international I9300 Galaxy S3 and sidekick to the international N7100/5 Note 2 kernels.

Recap of features:
  • CPU overclocking up to 1.8GHz and undervolting from 600mV to 1400mV.
  • GPU overclocking and undervolting.
  • GPU scaling reworked.
  • Screen sharpness and colour modifications.
  • Extended Pegasusq and improved Performance governors.
  • Removed Touch Booster and replaced with custom Flexrate mechanic.
  • Improved scheduler power management for improved idle residencies on auxiliary CPUs.
  • USB charging rate limit increased to 900mA.
  • Application for control of various settings.

This is supposed to be merely a proxy thread. Please refer to the N7100/5 thread for full changelogs, explanations, bug-reports and other issues. Kernel for specific device versions will be posted here.

This kernel is for the North American Sprint variant SPH-L900. Versions for other variants are found in their respective forums.

Attachments

• Perseus-alpha36.3-l900.tar
    6.2 MB · Views: 2,865
  • Perseus-alpha36.3-l900-CWM.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 7,902
Last edited:

jre1981

Jul 21, 2011
Tulsa
This is awesome, I was just wondering if we there was going to be a lack of original development on the carrier specific models. Thanks a lot for this AndreiLux, and thanks for testing Viperboy.

rwright64

Apr 2, 2012
So you can just flash it through twrp like when flashing a rom. There is a tar file and than a cwm zip file.
Would i use the zip if flashing with twrp?

So is there ever any reason one would need odin

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

I just flashed it via twrp. Working good so far. Use the zip.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

jre1981

Jul 21, 2011
Tulsa
So you can just flash it through twrp like when flashing a rom. There is a tar file and than a cwm zip file.
Would i use the zip if flashing with twrp?

So is there ever any reason one would need odin

Yes the zip is for CWM/TWRP and the .tar is for Odin. In my case I had to use Odin to flash the insecure boot.img before able to install a custom recovery, if there is another way I am not aware, Not sure how Chainfires tool does it.

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yes the zip is for CWM/TWRP and the .tar is for Odin. In my case I had to use Odin to flash the insecure boot.img before able to install a custom recovery, if there is another way I am not aware, Not sure how Chainfires tool does it.

Not sure about this. But ok i am going to do it..

Ha ha ha i hate doing New things.. well i dunno if it did anything but but phone still boots ha ha ha

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Great job on this page my antutu score up another 1500 not that it wasn't great already.. wow man this phone rocks

Last edited:

fatboypup

Jul 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
www.myspace.com
running like a raped ape at 1.8 GHz

698f128e279711e2ba6922000a1fb733_6.jpg

Reactions: enormous

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
Awesome! Thanks. Why does oc stop at 1.8 though?

I asked about this as well. Some phones can handle 1.9 or 2.0 but the voltage bump was a little bit much. Stock highest voltage is like 1312mv, I think AndreiLux said. Don't wanna overvolt too much.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ffolkes

ffolkes

Oct 18, 2006
New Jersey
I think I'm noticing touchscreen issues. I have to smash my finger to make it see the touch. When scrolling I have to tap and wait .1 seconds before swiping otherwise nothing happens. This is very noticeable in things like the browser.

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
I think I'm noticing touchscreen issues. I have to smash my finger to make it see the touch. When scrolling I have to tap and wait .1 seconds before swiping otherwise nothing happens. This is very noticeable in things like the browser.

Hmm, no issue here.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Devi0124

Dec 1, 2010
If I'm on stock i can just Odin the kernel right? Does it include a recovery?

rydehard86

Jun 18, 2010
Didn't think this thing could get faster, installed this and was blown away. Can't wait to check my battery stats tomorrow and see how it does.

Sent from my Note II

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a direct port of my kernel on the international I9300 Galaxy S3 and sidekick to the international N7100/5 Note 2 kernels.

Recap of features:
    • CPU overclocking up to 1.8GHz and undervolting from 600mV to 1400mV.
    • GPU overclocking and undervolting.
    • GPU scaling reworked.
    • Screen sharpness and colour modifications.
    • Extended Pegasusq and improved Performance governors.
    • Removed Touch Booster and replaced with custom Flexrate mechanic.
    • Improved scheduler power management for improved idle residencies on auxiliary CPUs.
    • USB charging rate limit increased to 900mA.
    • Application for control of various settings.

This is supposed to be merely a proxy thread. Please refer to the N7100/5 thread for full changelogs, explanations, bug-reports and other issues. Kernel for specific device versions will be posted here.

This kernel is for the North American Sprint variant SPH-L900. Versions for other variants are found in their respective forums.
    Re: [Kernel][Jan 31] Perseus

Hello, this is OP chiming in.
    Yeah, not sure what happened there, but figured you should get a legit answer to a legit question. For reference 32.1 IS based on ma5
    You're an idiot. Several people corrected you and you're still trying to convey something completely false as a hard fact.

No, the kernel is not based on any firmware.

And for a bit of education: Complied kernels are based on source code. In the case of Samsung that may mean a specific firmware from which the source drop may have originated from. However for me and for this kernel that is false since I haven't used a pure source drop in 4+ months, and the current kernel is a conglomeration of S3, N2 and Note 10.1 sources.

And, as somebody else mentioned already, Samsung kernels are ROM agnostic. Unless there are big changes in the kernel APIs, which happen once in a while on major versions of Android and ROM build. And this also answers people's question "will this run on XXYZ?", yes it will. (Except AOSP)
    Thanks for your work on this and allowing me to test! We really appreciate it! And this kernel runs really well!!
    Thread cleaned
    We all need to respect the developer and his wishes
    Please make all posts respectful and on-topic
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    Updated. Please read the changelog in the main thread.