[MOD] Htc Dialer WITHOUT Haptic Feedback - Updated 5/26

Search This thread

JsChiSurf

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 5, 2010
Hacksville
EDIT: Updated 5/26/10 with new version supporting any Sprint 2.1 official release that has been deodexed. See Here for download.

By popular demand, I decided to take a look at the HtcDialer.apk today to see how easy it might be to disable haptic feedback while dialing a number. Turns out, it was a 5 minute job :p

Should work on both the latest DC and Fresh 2.1 ROMs.

Flash the attached signed zip if you prefer to disable the haptic feedback "feature". Always Nandroid before flashing. It could bork your system, but it seems to be working fine for me. YMMV.

No Haptic Feedback Dialer

Note: This will change you back to the stock dialer format.

EDIT: Here is a no haptic feedback dialer with black buttons

Reference:
fresh_black_dialer.png

Last edited:

myke66

Dec 13, 2009
By popular demand, I decided to take a look at the HtcDialer.apk today to see how easy it might be to disable haptic feedback while dialing a number. Turns out, it was a 5 minute job :p

Flash the attached signed zip if you prefer to disable the haptic feedback "feature". Always Nandroid before flashing. It could bork your system, but it seems to be working fine for me. YMMV.

Awesome man, i havent settled on a rom yet i'd like to customize just yet, but this will defintely make it in to it at some point. I know a lot of people have asked about this before.

beerock

Mar 19, 2010
You are the man, man:D

I have have been bothered by this since day one even called HTC and told them it was horrible that i could not disable....:D

thanks for this nice surprise!!!!!

azyouthinkeyeiz

Jan 3, 2010
Hey JS...
Can you do me a favor? can you pull the framework for the dialer again and see if the speed dials are hard coded somewhere..

I want to help the guy on another dialer thread since I was kind of a **** to him, but I'm not gonna be home to my redhat for a few days..

beerock

Mar 19, 2010
Hey JS...
Can you do me a favor? can you pull the framework for the dialer again and see if the speed dials are hard coded somewhere..

I want to help the guy on another dialer thread since I was kind of a **** to him, but I'm not gonna be home to my redhat for a few days..

yeah u kinda were;).........but that seems to be infectious around here:p

i joke....I kid

Visionikz03

Dec 3, 2008
H-Town
ok it works but it removed my black dialer theme i had :( any chance OP u can post ur changes u made to the apk? so we can keep our custom dialers for those who have them?

JsChiSurf

Feb 5, 2010
Hacksville
ok it works but it removed my black dialer theme i had :( any chance OP u can post ur changes u made to the apk? so we can keep our custom dialers for those who have them?
Of course it will, I made the changes to the stock dialer, not to some random customized one :).

Your best bet is to open your old APK and the new APK in the zip I posted, and drag the classes.dex file out of my new one and into your old one and push back to your phone.

Visionikz03

Dec 3, 2008
H-Town
Of course it will, I made the changes to the stock dialer, not to some random customized one :).

Your best bet is to open your old APK and the new APK in the zip I posted, and drag the classes.dex file out of my new one and into your old one and push back to your phone.

yeah it's not a huge deal, i figured it would. i was just posting for those who might not have thought about it. Nd I just thought since u said it only took 5 min that u could post the steps to fix it which u did. Thanks for the discovery btw ;)

JsChiSurf

Feb 5, 2010
Hacksville
yeah it's not a huge deal, i figured it would. i was just posting for those who might not have thought about it. Nd I just thought since u said it only took 5 min that u could post the steps to fix it which u did. Thanks for the discovery btw ;)
I updated the OP to point this out as well. Are you comfortable following my directions above to incorporate my changes into your old dialer?