[q] a question about the imei code

Search This thread

L4oser

Feb 12, 2012
Hi guys, I got a GN lately from HK,but I have a question about my phone,the IMEI code,I wonder is there any way to check my IMEI code whether it's been changed or coverd by tools. I tryed the code:*2767*3855#,but it dosen't work.
Thanks!

L4oser

Feb 12, 2012
I think it should be under the battery.
Yes, there is an IMEI code under the battery, and normaly, you can check it by type "*#06# on your phone, but, as what I know, the tip about IMEI under the battery can be faked!
And ,once your IMEI code has been changed or faked,you can never find out the true info.about where and when your phone been factured.

Last edited:

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Yes, there is an IMEI code under the battery, and normaly, you can check it by type "*#06# on your phone, but, as what I know, the tip about IMEI under the battery can be faked!
And ,once your IMEI code has been changed or faked,you can never find out the true info.about where and when your phone been factured.

If the sticker has been changed, and they've somehow changed it in software (under about phone) then they've surely changed it any way that you can check by dialing a code into the dialer app... Check the sticker and compare it to the software and that's about how much you should worry about this.

Don't be so paranoid.

W

WiredPirate

You must have bought it on Craigslist or worse like the black market or something!? Humor me and tell me what it is you are worried about? Like a drug dealer or a terrorist has your real imei code and your going to get indefinitely detained or something? I honestly don't understand.:confused:

L4oser

Feb 12, 2012
You must have bought it on Craigslist or worse like the black market or something!? Humor me and tell me what it is you are worried about? Like a drug dealer or a terrorist has your real imei code and your going to get indefinitely detained or something? I honestly don't understand.:confused:
ok, honestly, I'm not worried about the phone ,I just wonder why the code *2767*3855# dosn't work in the dialer app.....:)

W

WiredPirate

ok, honestly, I'm not worried about the phone ,I just wonder why the code *2767*3855# dosn't work in the dialer app.....:)

If it helps you at all, I tried that code in my dialer and it did nothing for me either. I know my phone is legit, I purchased it from Verizon just recently and watched the guy take it out the box.;)

L4oser

Feb 12, 2012
If it helps you at all, I tried that code in my dialer and it did nothing for me either. I know my phone is legit, I purchased it from Verizon just recently and watched the guy take it out the box.;)
ok, thx, WiredPirate ! I think that code maybe not workable for GN,coz it works on I9100.
thank you all.

Jmurph3

Nov 29, 2010
Shreveport

The government is watching......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus