Apple topples to Samsung. No longer best selling OEM.

Search This thread

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
In a recent study by ComScore, it seems that Apple is on a very bad decline. The way things used to be were this:

Apple sold the most devices, Android was the most popular OS.

Now it seems Apple has even lost the title of most cell phones sold. Samsung is now the top dog in the mobile world and Android is STILL the most popular OS. This is not looking good for Apple. Not saying that I want Apple to crumble and fail though, as everyone knows, competition brings innovation and let's all be honest. Without Apple and the iOS, there is NO competition for Android.

Android OS dominates the Market:
e7iedc.png

Samsung dominates OEM sales:
kapvkg.png

ozymandiaz

Jun 22, 2011
Apple never sold more total phones than samsung. Apple has the single phone that sells the most, and they still do. Your graphic even shows that Apple is gaining in overall slice of the mobile pie vs Samsung. (Sammy shows a -.1 drop, while Apple shows a +2 gain over the same period of time...) So don't worry, competition is alive and well, until Apple gets a patent for that too. =P

JetBlue

Jan 6, 2012
I personally hate Apple so this makes me feel good owning an Android device.

drt054

Jan 8, 2011
Cleveland, OH
#Like
iCrap sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

——————————
"The day is coming.. Armageddon's near.. Inferno's coming.. Can we survive the BLITZKREIG?" - Metallica

smokedkill

Apr 13, 2010
Apple never sold more total phones than samsung. Apple has the single phone that sells the most, and they still do. Your graphic even shows that Apple is gaining in overall slice of the mobile pie vs Samsung. (Sammy shows a -.1 drop, while Apple shows a +2 gain over the same period of time...) So don't worry, competition is alive and well, until Apple gets a patent for that too. =P

+1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA