Do you still like your Arc?

Search This thread

bigdirtyjase

Nov 3, 2010
Melbourne
Well I still like my Xperia Arc...although it's getting superseded very quickly. Unlucky for me I'm still stuck under contract for another 14 months so I have to go buy outright.

The only problem with Sony is that they are behind when they release their phones. It would be nice to see the next Sony flagship phone be ahead of the curve (like the HTC One X) with new tech.

ck.chunkeat

Apr 24, 2012
I still love my arc for the same reason:sexy and nice camera.
But at the same time its getting outdated..New phones are getting pushed out once every month or several weeks..:(

kenmystro

Nov 11, 2011
Well I still like my Xperia Arc...although it's getting superseded vtery quickly. Unlucky for me I'm still stuck under contract for another 14 months so I have to go buy outright.

The only problem with Sony is that they are behind when they release their phones. It would be nice to see the next Sony flagship phone be ahead of the curve (like the HTC One X) with new tech.

That is the thing to avoid with se phones maybe not with sony. If u get a frontline device it will be built by a moron and have continual flaws. NEED TO KEEP SENDING FOR REPAIR. IF YOU LET THEM WAit a bit and get a slightly behind the times device then in my experience it is a belter. In this scenario it will outlast the competitipn in terms of years of use.

zed011

Jan 18, 2011
Just sold my arc, very happy that I did. Slow outdated phone these days, all it has going for it is a good physical appearance.

Babis_ECE

Aug 1, 2010
Athens
Just got mine 2 weeks ago and loving it..! :)
Yeah, it is not a dual core beast, but it gets the job done greatly, and I don't have the booloader unlocked yet to test kernels and various ROMs..

For me it was an excellent buy at 250 euro, brand new, with free NDrive Software (promotion of Sony Hellas) and 50GB in a Box account, just for being an Xperia device.

HTC 123

Dec 2, 2010
Still have it on a year contract so 5 months left . Loved it at first but not as much now

-My ibeats headphones don't work
-It gets blown out the water by a friends sensation xe
-Cracks in housing

Sent from my LT15i using XDA

turnaround

Apr 5, 2012
I like my arc very much as it is my first android device.
Although sometimes I wish it had 1 GB of ram and more internal storage. Also gorilla scratch proof glass would have been a nice addition.

romiltherock

Feb 23, 2011
Chandigarh
I own it for over a year now. I am not too sure how I feel about it because I have wasted a lot of time trying to perfect the phone.

Cons:
For the price I paid... I got very less internal memory and RAM... total rip off. (Link2SD helps but performance is not as good as it shud be)

The phone becomes slow after few weeks of installing a new ROM.... contacts and messaging takes about 5 seconds to open up. (Solved by installing Arconium ROM)

WiFi is very weak... my dads ZTE Blade (1/3rd the price) catches it better than the arc. A known issue. Drops at times.

Crack in the housing near the sensor.

Fingerprints allover the body... especially if your sweating!

NO FRONT CAM!!!

PROS:

Best looking fone ever. Beautiful design

Great camera. no matter how much people complain about JPG compression... the camera totally rocks esp under low light.

Music is good and speaker sound is loud. So is the earpiece... well done!

Phone reception is top notch!

Sony's android UI is fantastic!

Screen is pretty decent.

Battery life is the best you could get on a smartfone... it was a surprise!

to summarize, I have tried many ROMS of GB and ICS and I have found my arc to perform best with Arconium GB ROM and supercharger installed.

Performance however is not as good as the price I have paid for it. I wouldnt have complained if the phone was not that expensive.

My next phone... Galaxy S3 (with Xperia launcher) or Xperia Hayabusa... :)

Last edited:

Crenshaw-PCGH

Mar 19, 2012
I love it!
I have android 4.0 and overclocked to 1.6 Ghz and its so smooth and fast and just awesome i wouldnt change :D

steryman

Dec 27, 2010
Still loving it as much as when I bought it :) But it will be hard to forget it(gonna sell it to buy Xperia S)... gonna buy Xperia S - Faster(Arc is still hanging on but dude this device is amazing), nice design(Arc have a nice design too).

por2guex

Jan 26, 2012
Rio de Janeiro - RJ
Feel the same of the majority.
I have the bl unlocked with Arconium ICS. Almost dialy updates, a bit overclocked, nice camera, a bit customized. Well, I could say that I still love mine!

dule91

Feb 17, 2012
Pancevo
a love my arc S on gb the best phone designe + performance

now on ics bugs are there... i do not love that in fact im hope that sony would recognize this problems and solve them as soon as possible...

obborr

Apr 12, 2012
onggis march

Still Loving it. Waiting for the ICS for the ARC though. Don't like it that much after being flashed with the ARC S ICS.

staynam

Nov 26, 2011
I choose ARC simply coz of its fantastic appearance..
It's even nicer than the newest XPERIA S
For hardware, Sony's handphone's hardware is always not up-to-date. But u guys still choose Sony, right?

maliceomalice

Apr 26, 2011
OnePlus 8T
I choose ARC simply coz of its fantastic appearance..
It's even nicer than the newest XPERIA S
For hardware, Sony's handphone's hardware is always not up-to-date. But u guys still choose Sony, right?

Thats coz only sony have that nice camera tht allow u tu take nice pic even in low light condition..

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try acronium dude,fully stock,combine with doomkernel,have it supercharge,theme it a little bit,add this add that,it is not the phone itself made it perfect,its you who made it perfect,so my opinion is xperia arc was indeed perfect if you know how to perfecting it..

Sent from my LT18i
    Ive not even had this phone a year yet (Arc S) but I'm going to make it last 3 years. I'm not going to waste money on the wagon when this phone meets all my requirements, especially with a custom ROM.

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app
    I have Arc since April 2011.

It's basically a perfect device.

There are two issues:
    1. Crack, which looks bad but doesn't influence anything else (shame...)
    2. RAM too low, which can be dealt with by rebooting once a week.
    3. The internal memory could be bigger.

I have like 60 apps or so and this phone flies, still on Stock ROM. Seriously, no single freeze or reboot since the .42 FW. It's just brilliant.

So, for the first time I'm not even anxious to get my Xperia S just because I think Arc could work for another year.
    I agree with the majority of comments posted here. I've owned my Arc for just under a year, was fascinated by it as soon as the roadtests were released.

I agree that the crack in the casing up by the light sensor is a pain and that is down to Sony Ericsson's design, but as with other people's experiences it generally seem to be something which SE have been unable to permanently rectify.

I took the move to unlock the bootloader on mine about 6 months ago and I find myself freely switching between boot loaders and ROMS depending on what catches my eye. Restoring never takes that long if you select the backup option in the Google set up, so I've been merrily switching between, stock, stock tweaked, fully custom, ICS and MIUI without trouble.

You will get some functions that don't work, but unless you regularly use the HDMI output or wireless tethering you won't really miss them.

With so many exciting develoments due to the Arc (ICS, Arc S official MIUI rom to name a few), I have to say that I'm struggling to find something that will do all the things an Arc does...and so well. The camera is effortless and clear, the screen is bright and faultless and although the SE launcher is fairly simple I've gone full circle with Go launcher, Launcher Pro, Launcher 7, SPB and more recently I tried out TSF, all worked without a hitch but still found myself using the stock launcher when the Xperia S bits came on the scene.

Yes, the phone is lacking in internal ram, but with some tweaks as mentioned by other members in this thread, you can get round that fairly easily.

Personally I can see me sticking with my Arc until it breaks, then I'll probably either invest in a new one or plunge in to an Arc S, no other phone is as light and as thin but offers such a good screen. Battery life is average and I can usually get a good day's worth of usage out of most roms before recharging overnight, but every other smartphone I've had has been the same, even an iPhone, you've got to expect less battery life when a phone carries so much....phone, camera, multimedia device, internet, office, games machine and much more. A spare battery, a USB lead or a car charger cures most of the limited battery range.

Hope this helps, I've never felt so passionately about another phone I've owned, even with the small niggles.
    Yes, the hardware is a little bit outdated, but with all due respect to other manufacturers, and other phone models (including Sony 2012 line-up), I still haven't found a better looking phone.
    I can sacrifice some hardware "limitations" (this is very arguable) for the sake of beauty and originality.
    Let's compare this phone with two most talked-about phones lately:

299370-apple-iphone-5.jpg
    Xperia%20Arc%20S%20White.jpg
    293875-samsung-galaxy-s3.jpg

These two are looking silly alongside Arc, from design point of view strictly.